first go at a DnB tune

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
quest
will fuck for food
first go at a DnB tune

Post by quest »

Curious what other subsekters think...! By my teens in the late 90s there was a pretty massive DnB scene in the region I grew up in (near Toronto Canada) and although I was already focused on techno back then, I quite enjoyed my fair share of DnB from that era.. We were hugely influenced by the UK DnB scene because of how much talent we brought over here to headline... I remember relentless rolling beats at the festivals but every so often there'd be these crazy half-time breakdowns, this track was my attempt to recreate that 3 a.m. vibe,

https://soundcloud.com/quest/already-on ... UbF3czfqTK

tsaro
Lifer
Re: first go at a DnB tune

Post by tsaro »

That jungle/liquid style you've thrown in just before the halfway mark is pretty sweet. It does sound like you tried to fit too many things in at once, but I think you can create space if you can decide which sound should take center stage. And the drums could be a bit snappier so they cut through a little clearer. That fill around 1:20 sounds pasted on btw, it's too loud, as if you just threw it on top. So that's something to take a look at.

I think you need to decide which direction to take it, because it right now seems like some jungle track inside a techstep sandwich. Not really a fan of techstep tbh, so I'd keep the middle part and build on it, or just split the track.

Nice vibes, just needs some more space/definition.
how far do you want to go

mindstuff
hmmmmmm...
Re: first go at a DnB tune

Post by mindstuff »

The reese is sick. Good vibe...the pads on the break are awesome. Keep making em!