Hidden - James Sandford

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
jim_kezzle
Onions
Hidden - James Sandford

Post by jim_kezzle »

atmospheric uplifting but with strong low end
(first take, will definately need some better EQing and levels sorting a bit etc)

feedback welcome

https://soundcloud.com/jim-sandford/hidden/s-s4eoy

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Hidden - James Sandford

Post by dubdub »

The lowend is a bit wooly. Overall the track feels kind of flat, might not necessarily be due to too much compression but the impression you could get from the wooly lowend and the arp that is smothered in reverb & delay. The bitcrushing-type noise is mixed too loud.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

By wooly he means it's not tight enough. Particularly the kick. It needs to be controlled and tightened up after the distortion, maybe by reducing decay before the distortion or by compression and eq after.

The arp is great. I think a real star, but you need to arrange the track better to make it stand out more by taking it away. I really think you do have something with great potential, but at the moment it's like a film starring Monica Bellucci, but instead of having her acting, there's just a picture of her face on screen for the whole time.

I'd really recommend some more time on arranging.

It would be also nice to see you feeding back too, as was mentioned before.

jim_kezzle
Onions

Post by jim_kezzle »

thanks for feedback guys

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

I agree with what has been said above. Also that one really high instrument hurts my ears and I don't feel it adds something to the track...