Jager - The force of Jupiter EP (90' vibe)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
JagerTechno
fake
Jager - The force of Jupiter EP (90' vibe)

Post by JagerTechno »

Hi guys. I've just finished this EP today. I've tried to recreate that typical 90' vibe you hear in a lot of tracks from that time.

Please let me know what you guys think of it.

https://www.facebook.com/Jager-684861864979902/?fref=nf

https://soundcloud.com/joeydejager/sets ... jupiter-ep

Have a nice monday :)

mattie
refusenik
Re: Jager - The force of Jupiter EP (90' vibe)

Post by mattie »

link wont work now, could be sc issue,i was back to listen again,from what i heard previous i liked the first track and really liked the final section on the second one

JagerTechno
fake

Post by JagerTechno »

Is the link still not available?

JagerTechno
fake

Post by JagerTechno »

And thanks man. I like the first track better than the second. Don't know what is exactly with the first part of Rotating Jupiter II but I couldn't fix it in a nice way, have you got an idea?

Have a nice day

mattie
refusenik

Post by mattie »

If it were up to me and i wasnt happy overall with the track,id start with from 7.40 onwards as the new starting point,i felt all the elements in this section really gelled well and just worked.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

I see what you are going for and I like the idea, however I think the low end needs more compression and grit (maybe some more saturation?), right now it's a bit ambigious and doesn't really 'boom' like those 90s tracks do.

JagerTechno
fake

Post by JagerTechno »

dubdub wrote:I see what you are going for and I like the idea, however I think the low end needs more compression and grit (maybe some more saturation?), right now it's a bit ambigious and doesn't really 'boom' like those 90s tracks do.
Thanks for the feedback. You have given me a great idea. I've send a return track with an eq filtered to the lowest part with some saturation and some compression on it. It gives a better lower end indeed. Thanks!

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

oh man this sound really takes me back. i think around the time of this sound, psy and techno and trance were all very close relatives of one another, i remember on our old flyers we would make up just about any kind of style name for our sets and it would go down just fine.. we were being honest..

(here was the show my friends and i threw, to me it was the very end of an era.. i was listed as tektrance, the co-promoter future trance, haha
http://www.rave.ca/en/photos_image/arca ... ra/109856/ )

that first track really has that driving energy, if you tweak it really well, build up the tension and relax it, build, relax, you can really make the crowd lose their sense of time.. which a bunch of us felt was the whole point of that style (i am still trying to go for that sound, listen beginning around 20 minutes in my signature live set).

2nd track, i mean it's in the old style for sure, back then i think a lot of producers had their drums sticking out a lot, snares and hihats especially, but sometimes the kick would be off on its own in the mix too... doesn't mean we have to do that part of it nowadays ;).

so yeah i think you should bring that snare back into the mix. because yeah around 8 mins in it has a really good thing going.

these old sounds need to come back, i think it's more than just reliving the old days, there was something pure in the music and that will never change. we can go back in order to figure out how to keep going forward, i say ;)

JagerTechno
fake

Post by JagerTechno »

Well, I appreciate it that it took you back to that time. I think that was one of the things I want to achieve when you listen to it. And that pictures are nice hahah. Looks like proper fun wasn't it?

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

totally! let's bring back the spirit of those times again :)