No Node Left Behind (a thank you note)

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
atom_output
Jan : )
No Node Left Behind (a thank you note)

Post by atom_output »

so this is my first so-called EP after a few months of researching techno. and by that i mean lurking here and reading pretty much everything. sorry i was not interacting as much as i wanted to, but currently i'm in the sponge mode and i'm just hungry for knowledge and ideas.

but i digress, this whole journey was fun and it's only the beginning. at first i just wanted to escape from my own naive sound, but in the end i just combined my own approach with THE HOLE.

i'm not going to bore your asses of, but all of you deserve a much longer thank you note that i'm capable of writing right now, i was not in direct communication with a lot of people here, but your willingness to share your work, experience and knowledge is, well, fucking awesome and invaluable.

now, here's the soundcloud link for the track that wasn't shared here.

and here's the bandcamp link if anyone wants to download stuff that has been shared here in higher quality than shitty SC and BC can provide via streams.

http://atom-output.bandcamp.com/album/n ... eft-behind

much love, Petar.

krypt
Smore
Re: No Node Left Behind (a thank you note)

Post by krypt »

yep, you know what I think about your music - it is singular, very creative and your style stands out of the mass production system. i'm at work and today i didn't bring decent headphones, so i have only those with microphone for skype chat. will check it out later but what can I say for now - i like the arrangement, im not sure about the kick though (yes, again :D). maybe i have kick fetish or i became so restricted that commenting every track brings down to 'fix your kick' but for now that's all I can say. also, I would add more space in the textures, even more reverb and delay - but it may also be the fault of shitty headphones not playing hi-tones right. I have also the feeling that your last track- Unvoiced Intention was sounding much better! Better, clearer kick, brightier hi-hats and twisted arrangement. Even if it is step back, it is for making two steps forward next time!

atom_output

Post by atom_output »

again, thanks krypt for being so supportive and interested. people like you are exactly the kind of people why i'm still banging my head for hours on end trying to make some music.

too bad for your kick fetishism :D but you're probably right about that, but unlike unvoiced intention, my intention for this track was to be more deep and hypnotic i guess, so there's not much going on in the higher-end freq. spectrum. i could've just compressed the hell out of it, but then the track has this really aggressive feel to it. something i was definitely trying to avoid.
so yeah, the last one was fuller, it had a bigger impact on the ears, it's definitely obvious. but fuck it, at on point i was going to delete everything but the kick, bass and this modulated bass shit, no hats no anything. i was not arty or brave enough for that :)

yan6
Chernobyl

Post by yan6 »

Really nice work, very creative! For me I would just shave a bit of volume of the atmospheric sound and perhaps a tad more automation on it. Keep it coming :)

Ttinga
Normality Restored

Post by Ttinga »

Nice work man and congrats on putting together the EP. Downloading now - I really like State Variable.

oddmyth
Anba

Post by oddmyth »

Pretty nice overall, I think you did a great job with the sound design and the imaging.

My only notes are that the breakbeat pattern after the first and second break has some awkward phrases that I would look for ways around, especially as they are coming out of breakdowns - if I were shopping for this track, it would remain on the rack because the breakdown didn't really push the track. Not to say I'm against rethinking the energy of the post breakdown sequence, but it would just have to happen without the awkwardness there, otherwise well done. Second the bass melody is too loud in the first 3:30, you can even see the energy reduction in the second half of the song. The structural imaging and the sound design really shine through when the bass isn't masking it all out. The second half is better, but I would bring the bass down even a little further and control the mid bass feedback tone you have running.

Great stuff, can't wait to listen to the rest later tonight.
Cue 3 2013 - Devil's Advocate.

See what this is all about at oddmyth.ca

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

very nice work, downloaded and donated!

muke
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by muke »

agreed about the imaging being really great. what is that distorted voice that becomes very distinct around 5 minutes? it's captivating..

atom_output

Post by atom_output »

it's a sound designed in madrona labs aalto, but i couldn't recommend that synth to anyone really. it's amazing and everything, but highly unstable.

and thanks everyone for listening, and huge thanks for the donations. but i believe you will get your money back, because i have no chance of getting anything via paypal. its a political issue in serbia, so we have no chance of receiving any payments. thanks in any case! :)