Amøbe - Tyv tror hver mand stjæler

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
Amøbe
Moderate
Amøbe - Tyv tror hver mand stjæler

Post by Amøbe »

I initially didn't want to post this track, as I was working on it for hours, and I ended up just hating it. Now that I have been away from it, I gave it another listen, and this time I really like it, so I hope some of you will as well. I worked quite intensely on creating some atmosphere out of fixed FM modulations.

Val Endrada
Jan : )
Re: Amøbe - Tyv tror hver mand stjæler

Post by Val Endrada »

Nice atmosfære-pads:) The track works quite well imho. What FM were you using? I like the use of panning throughout - hi-hat and handclaps are matching each other nicely. Listening again I wanted a bit of variation in the low end - like some subtl shifts in pitch and waveform, perhaps. idk. Good stuff!

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Val Endrada wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:28 pm
Nice atmosfære-pads:) The track works quite well imho. What FM were you using? I like the use of panning throughout - hi-hat and handclaps are matching each other nicely. Listening again I wanted a bit of variation in the low end - like some subtl shifts in pitch and waveform, perhaps. idk. Good stuff!
Tak makker :D I used the zebra2 vst from u-He, where I modulated a sine carrier with a triangle operator (plus FXs) if I remember correctly. I would say the main characteristics of that sound stems from using fixed frequencies (even though I change the Hz they are fixed on throughout the track) - it gives a strange pseudo inharmonic character to the sounds, which really pleases my ears :)

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Tyv Tror Hver Mand Stjæler

Dynamics are crazy good. The pads are a lil cheesy for my taste. Nice and clean mix. Hope some day i'll get my tracks to sound on point like this one.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Bassline feels a touch messy. It's also mixed quite loud together with the kick. Clap feels a touch muddy, it's also mixed kinda loud. Pad-ish synths could come up a touch in the mix overall.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It's a good tune for sure, but I think there may be some clash with the kick and the bass. I might try some side-chaining, just see if the bassline cleans up a bit, then i'd use crossover. I don't know if you know about it, but if you don't, it's my absolute go to vst. I always sidechain lower that 125-ish Hz to the kick. Literally always.
https://vstwarehouse.com/d/crossover/#: ... 2Deffects.

There's some nice details, like the high passed telephone ringing noise that evolve a bit. But as dub dub said, the pads could do with coming up, or lower the low end a bit.

Nice