Post by SHIDZO »

What do you guys reckon?

Thanks for feedback

https://soundcloud.com/mllou/nmn/s-PTXN5

RWise
durchfall
Re: Norseman

Post by RWise »

Feel like the off beat hats are a little dry. I feel like some well placed reverb with a short tail would put them iin a nicer space in the mix; instead of being quite dry and up front.

The hi hats start becoming a bit too loud the more they layer up in the mix. Can be a bit tiring on the ears. Reverb will help soften them a bit as well.

Mix sounds well balanced overall though.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

If I was to be subjective, I’d say the kick was a little too weak with its punch or in the lower ends. Also, in the first minute of the song, there’s a Porc noise (rim or high tom) that isn’t quite sitting right. I think it’s because I want to hear the more interesting ping pong stuff in the background and that’s getting in the way.

After the break at 1:45 it evens out a bit with the stabs and pads fading in which I like, though by 2:30 the pads are maybe drowning the mix a bit.

2nd breakdown, you’ve gone into trance now so it’s hard for me to offer up any more about the track other than the mix issues.

6:52 you bring the metallic ping pong noise in again but louder this, for me, is the most interesting part of the track.

Hope this isn’t too snidey as I can you’ve put a lot of work into but the chord progression belongs to a type of music I don’t listen to so can’t offer much with regards to structure. The stabs, bass rumble and ping pong elements I genuinely like though.

The mixdown, for me, sounds like a great demo but lacking that extra something across all it’s elements though that would make it sound like a release.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

I like the roominess of the kick. It’s got lots of nice space.

The hats aren’t sitting right with me, I think if you could get a little more movement in. Maybe they are just a bit too high and dry. At 1:12 they are defo too loud.

The ride is better than the other hats.

I like the way it’s building. It sounds like it’s going somewhere – which a lot of techno tracks often don’t.

I like the mournful sadness you’ve captured in the thing as a whole.

Mainly, the issue I have is with your hats, that’s all :)

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Yay! Thank you folks for the input and taking the time and the kind words! It's good you're talking about the hats, I catch myself quite often struggling with deciding the right volume and you guys pointing that out proves the point.

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Damn man, that's a good track, love the trancy feel, Only thing I didn't like was the mini snare roll ? around 5:30

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

First thing that pops out is the tuning of your percussion against the melody, seems to be slightly strange to my ears. I'd run that arp though a delay and ee how it sounds with just the wet coming through, like this it sounds a bit cheesy. Guess I spoke too soon, that gated pad sound coming in just now really complete the cheese and wine party :lol:

It's not my style, if you'd remove the key change of the synth that comes in at the start, edit the arp and delete the pads it could be something I'd like to listen to :D Though it's definitely not bad for what it is currently.
how far do you want to go

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

lovely pads and atmosphere, however listening through i missed some action from hats and percussion, it's to repetitive in my opinion, also i agree with rwise, hats are too dry and needs more body and warmth, but all together it's way more better than your previous tracks, keep goin :)

EKT
BAD

Post by EKT »

Really nice pads / melody - works great with the bassdrum around 3:15... turned the volume up and really enjoyed that scene!

Squill
non reader

Post by Squill »

Solid as fuck. Bassline is on point. Hits you in your face. Gonna nit pick a bit here with the feedback, it's subjective, but I think this will fit for your track and style you're going for. The plucks got a bit too much high end imo and sound a bit too polished. Would dirty them up a bit or EQ some of the highs out. The pads are nice but hearing your production quality I think you can do much more with them. In the climax they sound pretty good but in the break I would definitely layer them a bit since it sounds like a single saw. In the break around 2:59 that sounds a bit off, that little key change. If you're going to have a long break I would say make it a bit more interesting. You can do a nice chord pattern or do some crazy soundscapes to keep the listener in a trance ;) post the updated track when you get a chance would love to hear it.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Can't say much more than has already been said.

Good work man. Very good.

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

very massive track :)

would like to have the lower regions a bit more thick, no further "complains"!

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Massive thanks goes out to you guys for the kind words and the great input and good ideas!

Cheers!