Sapo Scream - RWise

Post your work here - Ask for feedback or just show it off
RWise
durchfall
Sapo Scream - RWise

Post by RWise »

Some new funky business i recently finished off.

https://soundcloud.com/renewise/sapo-scream/s-Nn9WH
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

dubdub
Asphyxiwank
Re: Sapo Scream - RWise

Post by dubdub »

I think the bassline needs to be a bit more controlled and a bit quieter. You could be a bit more generous with the rides and have them come in again around 4 minutes or something. The hihat could use a bit more reverb, I think. Maybe a bit of delay, too. I think the kick is a bit too "round", the bassline already is very round, if you flatten it a bit more with distortion and compression and maybe cut a bit more lowend it would fit better in the mix, I reckon.

I would give the bassline an extra step a few semitones up or down every 5 or 7 bars or something. du-du-du-dudu-womp or something :lol: The bleep pattern probably could also be extended a bit. They could also use a bit more reverb/delay.

That resonant pitched pad-noise thing could use some extra delay, I think. Would be cool if gradually moves into runaway feedback and then fades out over the next bar or two.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Yeah I was kinda feeling the bassline should maybe be a bit more smooshed out with some compression and maybe a slightly longer decay on the notes, to be able to hear it and feel it a bit more.

I am kind of happy with the roundness of the kick. The kick has a very deep tail and seems to act as a nice blanket of sub underneath the bassline when i listen on a sub woofer.

Agree on the rides.

But I like the pad the way it is. The point of it is to suddenly come in and hit you in the mix. I dont want it to becomes too washy with moving delays and reverb etc..

Thanks for the feedback anyway dubdub. Always appreciate youre in-depth responses :)

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

long time no see RWise.
as I m hearing this track it is sounding a bit round indeed. but... it has the groove that you can hear in your production. the general feeling that I enjoy. placing the hats better would be nice.
a good track
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

That one got a cool groove to it. Had a listen on my headphones as well as monitors and I think the low end is good. I'm not a big fan of the toms and the filter cut off on that windy/white noise is a bit too obvious for my taste. The rides are a bit too loud for me as well, but that's just my taste in the end. All in all I like it, good work!

psicomagia
Alf Garnett

Post by psicomagia »

The only thing that bothers me: the hi hats ringing in the high end. I mean, it could be interesting artistically speaking but i guess in the end the track already has a lot of interesting points and it grooves nice. I guess besides that everything else seems to me just a matter personal taste and aesthetics, but as others said, it's a bit round. But my humble opinion is that this hi resonance from the hats could bother in a PA situation.

Nice work!

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

psicomagia wrote:The only thing that bothers me: the hi hats ringing in the high end. I mean, it could be interesting artistically speaking but i guess in the end the track already has a lot of interesting points and it grooves nice. I guess besides that everything else seems to me just a matter personal taste and aesthetics, but as others said, it's a bit round. But my humble opinion is that this hi resonance from the hats could bother in a PA situation.

Nice work!
Yeah ive been noticing that very high resonance in the off beat hat. Its bothering me as well, so i think im going to go back to the mix and remove it.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Ive taken the link down as ill be playing around with the mix and changes some things.