dubdub has made a ... (gasp) dubtechno mix

List links to Live sets and Mixes
dubdub
Asphyxiwank
dubdub has made a ... (gasp) dubtechno mix

Post by dubdub »

Maybe some people here will enjoy this. Some recent records and a bunch of older ones. Very slow, soft sounding and comfy dub tracks to have a cup of tea with. Was trying some really long transitions, one or two fails in there but oh well :)

willemb
Mild
Re: dubdub has made a ... (gasp) dubtechno mix

Post by willemb »

A bit late, but just listening now. Showing appreciation! Nice work dubdub.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Thanks!

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

This exactly my cup of tea atm. Well executed mix mate !!! Even the missus, who obviously couldn't give a toss over techno, said " what's this? I like it, it's sooo mellow..."
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Thanks, that's high praise if it's coming from someone that usually doesn't like techno... :)

A lot of the records on this mix are a bit older, I was listening to tons of this kinda stuff when I first got into techno around 2009/2010 so it will always hold a dear place in my heart.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Yep, same here. In my early teens i became a sucker for Jamaican Ska/Rocksteady/Reggae and obviously Dub. So when i discovered techno around '95 and came across BC,Maurizo,Vlad Delay etc.,that was instantly "myshit".

Well executed dubtechno is somethingwe would say: "geht immer". While cleaning the flat,chill out in the park, Sunday morning festival stage with a fat spliff on the dancefloor, coffeetime, while McLovin to the missus etc.... you can't go wrong with dubtechno in these "everyday situations".... :lol: :lol: :lol:

will try how that mix will do at work 2morra...

Thanks again for the nice music sir !!!

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Just had a flick through dubdubs mixes on soundcloud.

Fucking solid stuff. The track selection on them is really classy and just fucking ace.

Wish i could just sack most of my money buying vinyl. I have to restrain myself... When i have a lump of cash spare, im gonna fully get it out of my system and have a full on record shopping binge.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Thanks man. Yeah, vinyl is fucking crack. It's a big part of the reason why I haven't gotten into hardware, no way I could afford two addictions. That said I've been buying relatively little in the past year or so. Trying to save up for an upgrade to a Push2 and new monitors. There's also not that much stuff coming out right now where I'm like "I need to have this", especially in regards to dancefloor techno.

s7ntax
pregnant

Post by s7ntax »

Sounds like my cuppa tea mate, I'll stick this on later today while I'm at home :)

Regarding the crack (vinyl) habit you have, I used to be the same, then kids came along and I had to go into rehab. I'm clean now and only fall off the wagon every few months, once a junky always a junky.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

This mix is running in my mp3 for months now. My summer techno mix this year!!!

Thanks for the music sir...

If I should ever stumble into you on the streets of Crap City I'll pass you a fresh brew my friend...

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Thanks man, as for summer soundtracks, I'm actually thinking about doing a 'swimming pool techno' mix soon, let's see how that works out...