Radio RdF ep11 - Roebin de Freitas

List links to Live sets and Mixes
Roebin de Freitas
Mingler
Radio RdF ep11 - Roebin de Freitas

Post by Roebin de Freitas »

Last weekend I went to a party. Is that something worth putting on this audioblog, you might ask? I must say yes.
The fact is that, in retrospect, this week’s show was influenced by what I was about to hear at this event.
It’s been a long time since I felt inspired by a party I went to. To be honest, most techno nowadays makes me yawn.

Recently, there are many exciting releases. People like Lucy, Xhin, Blawan, Untold, Roman Linday, The Third Man, … all are remembering me of my love for raw, stripped down and (poly)rhythmic techno. I can’t really keep up with all the interesting stuff coming out and that’s a phenomenon I haven’t experienced in a long time.

Back to the party I was referring to. La Fondation Sonore is an organisation that seems to be keen on promoting this raw and stripped down industrial sounding techno. Actually, apart from the (very interesting) intro dj set, I haven’t heard a single outspoken melody all night long.

I was especially surprised by Adam X‘s live performance. I have to admit that his recent stuff always missed just a little sumtin’ sumtin’. I always seemed to have a thorough listen but in the end never bought any of it. But this live act was dense, raw, thought provoking , pure and even essential (pun intended).

But I digress. This week’s show, as you could and should have guessed, is another RdF mix. Enjoy!

Track list:
Roebin de Freitas – Area Aria
Roebin de Freitas – Doubt
NX1 – SR1
Automat – Phase 1
Gant Garrard – Acid Revolution
Untold – Bachelors Delight
Vincent D – Locked
AFX – AFX2
Surgeon – Bad Hands Break/Autechre remix
Alpha 303 – Enter The Void/Aubrey remix
Go Hiyama – Sustainable Puzzle