Control Unit 001

List links to Live sets and Mixes
8FX
Suspect Handshake
Control Unit 001

Post by 8FX »

Hello people.

Been buying records since I was about 18/19 so back in 1998. First bought pair of Gemini 500s which I tried my best to learn to mix on. Later upgraded to some lovely technics 1210s. I've never thought I was a particular good DJ but always loved it. Put on a few nights in Brighton with a mate when we were 19, unwise and crap at mixing. I particular remember an unknown turning up at one of our parties (usually it was just mates). He was really into the funky French house that my mate was playing and doing some pretty seriously funky dance moves on an otherwise empty dancefloor. I was having none of that when I came to play and made sure he left by banging on Red3 too loud and badly mixed in. He left promptly shaking his head at me as he left. And to this day that is probably the highlight of my DJ'ing career. :D

Anyhow many years of playing records in my bedroom and the invention of t'internet I learnt I could again inflict my horrendous mixing skills on others but now on a much larger scale!

Most of my mixes are a couple of years old as I've been busy with starting a family and working my arse off for the last few years but I thought I could share them with you guys. They're mainly either real vinyl or done with a vinyl emulation thing called Intimidation Touch. Love the vinyl but digital is cheap innit and it doesn't take up my entire front room! Hope you enjoy - let me know and I'll post some more or just walk away shaking your head.

Here is the first from a little series I did called Control Unit.

01 Wire Tap - The 65D Mavericks
02 The Life We Choose (ERP remix) - Hardfloor
03 This Feeling - Tony Lionni
04 BX 3 - Len Faki
05 Geometrical (Surgeon remix) - Go Hiyama
06 Track 2 - Frozen Border
07 Music Box - DJ Hyperactive
08 Mark Me (Long edit) - Planetary Assault System
09 Rapid Eye - O/V/R
10 Rock to the Beat (Ben Sims remix) - Kevin Saunderson
11 Found a place - Tony Lioni
12 The Beat (Robert Hood remix) - Marc Romboy vs Chelsea R Jones