Monument Techno Podcast / Norway

List links to Live sets and Mixes
MNMT
Pig
Monument Techno Podcast / Norway

Post by MNMT »

Hello great techno people of the world.

I want to introduce our techno society: Monument.

Each week, we select one underground artist to make us a podcast.

We dont really care if the artist is big or small, since the focus is on the mix, quality and selection of tracks.

Our main priority is to present good techno to our people and have fun while doing it.

Please check out our podcasts on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/monument-podcast and give some feedback if you have the time.

We have also created a webpage, http://mnmt.no which is more focused on the fullscreen beauty and presentation of each podcast.

I really hope you enjoy, and we will do our best to update this post with new mixes.

Much love.
--
Monument
Monument is a techno music magazine, community, podcast, event series and festival.

MNMT
Pig
Episode 23 is out!

Post by MNMT »

Monument episode 23 is out.

This time coming from Sweden we present: Ntogn.
Today I indulge myself in deep, dark, atmospheric, hypnotic, pshychedelic, ritualistic and intelligent sounding techno.
Interview + Podcast + Tracklist is found at:

https://soundcloud.com/monument-podcast ... t-23-ntogn
--
Monument
Monument is a techno music magazine, community, podcast, event series and festival.

MNMT
Pig
Re: Monument Techno Podcast / Norway

Post by MNMT »

During christmas times we added two new hard hitting mixes to our podcast. From Italy and Spain, these guys really gave us some of the good and hard shit. Please read and listen:

Monument 24: MTD(Sonntag Morgen rec.)
I'm also a big fan of all the UK Techno, then often i take inspiration from artist like James Ruskin, Regis, Surgeon, Blawan, AnD, Truss etc

Because after listening a lot of different genre of music i understand that techno is the one that i really love, i think it’s the most complete genre of electronic music.
Monument 25: Drugstore
Drugstore(@drugstore) project began at the beginning of 2009, as union of members of the spanish collective Bayona Music, as a way to express the musical interests of their components. Their goal was to create diverse music with respect to many styles in the electronic music spectrum. Another goal was to publish music for free on licensed Creative Commons netlabels.

Drugstore music have been supported, reviewed and played by DJs and producers of the electronic music scene from all over the world. Including Dosem (ES), Nuke (ES), Exium (ES), Bas Mooy (NE), A.Paul (PT) or DVNT (UK), among others.
We hope you enjoy our new podcasts!
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

We are back with yet another techno podcast.

LINK: Monument 26: Virulent

“The sleeper awakens”
Welcome back for a new episode! Our Guest for this week is Virulent(@ farabee-virulent) (Kevin Farabaugh) from the U.S. Growing up in Northwest Indiana, amidst the desolate ruins of dying steel mills, he took an early interest in electronic music in many forms, ranging from early 90s techno and house sounds being broadcast on the radio waves of nearby Chicago to the darker sounds of industrial artists from that city's Wax Trax! roster.
Tracklist and the rest of BIO can be found at our Soundcloud page.

Enjoy, and have a nice weekend :)
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

For this weeks episode i can only give one tip:
Lay down, relax, and get dreamy in this journey of peacful and beautiful techno.

Monument 27: Volunteer
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig
NORWEGIAN LIVE ANALOG TECHNO SET

Post by MNMT »

Based in Trondheim, Norway, Oobleck has been abusing drum machines and synthesizers for the last 5-6 years

For this episode we could expect to hear dark, evolving, homemade techno made on hardware machines and performed on the spot!

Monument 28: Oobleck

--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Im sorry we have been away for a while, both guys in the crew went for a spiritual trip in India :) But we are still releasing great techno, so i added the once missing, with some quotes, and here are the episodes you should check out:

:arrow: Monument 29: Sébastien Belle(Paris)
Techno apart from Berlin scene, is for the underground elite. Difficult to play real techno even in Montréal. Most of my gigs are a little bit more chilled and slow. But I try to keep my techno in heart. Doing this podcast is an example of that, thank you for giving me a slot on the podcast!
:arrow: Monument 30: +plattform(Oslo)
I am an advocate of the computer as an instrument, consider it my instrument and have done formal musical training with it as an instrument, but due to the assistive nature of technology I think it is important that the artist find challenges and intriguing ways in which to perform.
:arrow: Monument 31: BLNDR(France)
I am really inspired by the Industrial vibe you can find on the techno scene today. Metallic Dark & cold tracks... With also strong inspiration from the Dub, acid, deep & mental techno. But when it comes to DJing i sometimes like to play really hard sest with fast BPM. Classic Rave Acid tracks mixed with recent techno artists such as Truncate, Psyk or Luke Slater.
:arrow: Monument 32: Jönsson Tõll(Portugal)
As a listener you await a two hour set mixed flawlessly with tracks from artist like... well you would just have to find out on your own. We are happy to contribute by sharing this exciting mix, so kick back and and enjoy the ride./quote]
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

For the last weeks we have released two hard hitting techno mixes with a big difference in style.

First one, coming straight out of Manchester, UK is made by Phil Denton who has been a part of the techno scene since 2005. In this two and a half hour treat you will hear tracks from artist like Zenker Brothers, Oscar Mulero, Exium, Blue Hour, Surgeon, Pfirter . Feel free to read about Phil and future plans in our Q&A.

Second one, has that techno sound of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The artist Farceb made this mix to show us a little bit of how the techno scene is over there today. About four years ago he started listening music, dark techno influenced sounds. He has recorded for several labels from Alemania, Spain, Mexico and Italy (ARTS, Subsequent Records, Natch Records, Prototype Sequence, Concerns Music, Circular LTD, Modul & Tono Ltd), and has shared the stage with many artists including Oscar Mulero in Cocoliche.
It would be awesome to get your opinion on these different styles, and what you like/dislike about them?
--
Monument

Contort
athlete

Post by Contort »

MNMT wrote:For the last weeks we have released two hard hitting techno mixes with a big difference in style.

First one, coming straight out of Manchester, UK is made by Phil Denton who has been a part of the techno scene since 2005. In this two and a half hour treat you will hear tracks from artist like Zenker Brothers, Oscar Mulero, Exium, Blue Hour, Surgeon, Pfirter . Feel free to read about Phil and future plans in our Q&A.

Second one, has that techno sound of Buenos Aires, Argentina. The artist Farceb made this mix to show us a little bit of how the techno scene is over there today. About four years ago he started listening music, dark techno influenced sounds. He has recorded for several labels from Alemania, Spain, Mexico and Italy (ARTS, Subsequent Records, Natch Records, Prototype Sequence, Concerns Music, Circular LTD, Modul & Tono Ltd), and has shared the stage with many artists including Oscar Mulero in Cocoliche.
It would be awesome to get your opinion on these different styles, and what you like/dislike about them?
Skimming through.. I like the variety in phils mix. Comes across a bit surgeon-esque. I prefer the overall sound of farcebs at least the meat of it (without some of the first and last tracks really). Downloading both though for full listening! Nice podcast.

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Contort thanks for feedback on our last episodes :)

For this week we digged into Moscows scene and found Wunderblock, this B2B techno shoud blow your mind! Full info and Q/A is on Soundcloud. Enjoy.

Monument 35: Wunderblock Records!

Feedback is always appreciated :mrgreen:
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Hello beautiful techno people, is anyone alive here?

We are proud to welcome a good friend and label owner of Dystopian Rhythm: Margin Walker to this weeks episode of Monument. Margin told us he wanted to travel into the deeper and darker side of techno for this beautiful episode. With tracks from Voices from the Lake, Ness, Regis, Edit Select, etc this is a good way to start your weekend.

Please enjoy this weeks episode, and feel free to leave some feedback on this dark and deep journey:
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Welcome back for another techno episode:

Monument 37: Neila
Neila also known as Jean Ny a young french dj and producer that migrated to Brussels in 2011 were he started the DeepHeat nights in which he is resident. Playing along side djs like Terence Fixmer,Lucy or even Zadig, Neila has plans to continue on the techno journey.
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Hello and welcome to this MayDay special mix by Justin Schumacher. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY by way of The Bronx, Justin Schumacher is a product of 90s hip hop and rave culture. After over a decade of hard work and dedication he has emerged as one of NYC's most promising talents.

Play:
Monument 38: Justin Schumacher
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Good morning lovers!

For this week we have a HARD HITTING mix, straight outta Rotterdam.

Please check out:

Monument 39: stranger
"As a DJ, i think i consider Dave Clarke and Jeff Mills the way they played during late 90's/early 2000's to be of big influence on my style of playing. Very intense and rapid mixing of records, a bit messy at some points but there's always a certain drive that works for the dancefloor. "
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Ladies and techno-men!

We have two new epic episodes out there for you.

Monument 40: RePete
EPISODE 40 CELEBRATION featuring legendary techno head REPETE!!!
Please make sure to read the awesome BIO and check out the interview beneath.

A true legend was born when RePete broke through the barriers of techno music and brought it to the next level. He was the first to introduce techno music to New York City nightlife and it earned him his true legendary status. The New York City club scene had exploded due to the new sound and vibe RePete introduced.

One of RePete’s biggest accomplishments throughout his career was a performance in front of 16,000 people in Dortmund, Germany called May Day.

RePete has worked with various talented artists such as Josh Wink, Jeff Mills, ITCHY Whoretits?, Audio Injection, Drumcell, Alex Bau, Lex Gorrie, A-Brothers, Carl Cox, Joey Beltran, Hans Bouffmyhre, Damon Wild, Victor Calerdone, Sven Vath, Moby, Prodigy, Jellybean Benitez, Charlie Low Noise, Mental Theo, Rob Gee, and DBX Dan Bell.

Monument 41: Joachim Spieth

Joachim Spieth(@joachim-spieth) is the founder of the German techno label Affin. His career started with one of the earliest releases on Kompakt, a record label that has contributed with paramount influence in the electronic music landscape. With more than 15 years in the scene he has managed to build a record label that many associate with quality and variety ranging from house to techno.

His upcoming release on the label is Aiden 12”, featuring remixes by Samuel L Session and Arnaud Le Texier. This release and others has also gained support by artists like Bas Mooy, Derrick May, Chris Liebing, Ben Klock, Alan Fitzpatrick just to name a few!
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

In this weeks episode, we got a beautiful and emotional techno mix for you. This represents the summer that is coming, and all the good feelings ahead.

Please enjoy:
Monument 42: Uun

--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Welcome to this weeks Monument podcast, featuring a DJ-set mixed by Argentinian Gonzalo MD. A sound designer based in Buenos Aires. For the next hour and fifty minutes we will hear a set mixed with “real hands, vinyls and cdjs” with tracks from: Philippe Petit, Paul Mac, Mekas, Nihad Tule, Myk Derill, Tom Diccico, Emmanuel, Glos, Stefan Vincent, The Plant Worker, Divvorce, A&S.

Also tracks from his three latest vinyls, releases on Knotweed Records, Ressort Imprint and DMT.

Gonzalo MD presents an energetic set, almost reminiscent to the fraze “Jackin”. Just in terms of great techno music. We hope to see more of this talented producer and dj in the near future.

Please listen here:

Monument 43: Gonzalo MD

--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Monument 45: Deepbass

We are extremely proud of presenting Deepbass, a talented producer and DJ from Glasgow, Scotland. After being fans of his deep, hypnotic and atmospherical techno for years we finally got him featured on Monument.

For us, Deepbass is one of those producers that creates a new and unique sound to the techno scene. He has a futuristic vibe over his tracks and DJ sets. A kind of sound you just fall into, like a dream, or like you are in space..

So push play and join us into this one hour journey of proper techno.

--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

Hello dear friends.
We are back with two awesome podcasts (And i hope anyone is here to check it out)

Monument 46: Philippe Petit (France)
Phillippe the owner of Knotweed Record and Decision Making Theory. Two labels that has quickly risen up in the techno scene basically because of good quality productions. Philippe himself has had a productive year so far with a release on his own label Knotweed and various others.

In this episode Philippe showcases how he puts together different styles of techno and brings it all into a musical journey.

--------------

Monument 47: Yuuki Sakai (Japan)
Yuuki is like a underground ghost, with almost no information about him on the net. If you are lucky, you can catch him playing one of his creative and spiritual vinyl sets in the cellars of Tokyo.

He sent us three mixes before he was satisfied, and is without doubt a guy that wants his name to be represented with quality techno.

--------------

I hope you enjoy these podcasts, and we would really like some feedback from you techno-heads! :roll:
--
Monument

MNMT
Pig

Post by MNMT »

To celebrate the end of summer we looked for something special for the podcast. After searching high and low, we found a woman hiding in Odessa, Ukraine that plays dub-techno. We thought this was perfect for the Monument, to give everyone some good feelings and proper vibes.

Olesia Elfa(@dj_elfa) is the talented dj from Odessa, Ukraine. Her musical career started in Moscow 2009. Experimenting with sounds soon she came to the various shades of techno music. Elfa is well known for her good sense of music and excellent musical taste. Now she is making moves in her own production of experimental, ambient, techno and dub techno music.

Monument 48: Olesia Elfa (UKRAINE)

--
Monument