Obscurum/Mugon/Iesope Drift etc.

Links to the classics
TuomasG
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Obscurum/Mugon/Iesope Drift etc.

Post by TuomasG »

Absolutely love this stuff. Cold, dry and abrasive. Reminiscent of some early Birmingham stuff by Regis & co, but for me these are even better. The obvious classic being this:

youtu.be/2aXkDOnj2Bk

And some personal favourites

youtu.be/snXekPDIniE
youtu.be/vUZdXZ09xuM
youtu.be/52R1pPEDVSk

It's a shame most of the records are so rare and there's no repress in sight.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Obscurum/Mugon/Iesope Drift etc.

Post by Lost to the Void »

Oh god, Obscurum........

My secret love.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

ONE
Chernobyl

Post by ONE »

If I may misquote someone not a million miles from me now: There's nothing left to make, it's all been done before; now it's about making the same things - but w/ better production.

If that be the case then I'll take Iesope Drift et al over modern interpreters any day of the week - warts and all. I feel we are at a point where the hyper-reality now achievable in sound design has become detrimental to the product; we are truly living in the Age of the Masterclass...

I like my techno to shine like a beacon through thick fog; when that need has to be filled, I reach for the E-Com.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

youtu.be/uRLVmZIxQ

Radical, it even starts with a snare of sorts instead of the kick.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Always meant to ask..

Who are / were Obscurum, Iesope Drift etc.. ?

There is fuck all online about them. Not even a mention of names or country of origin, though I think they are Eastern European?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

damn.. just remembered the ID facebook group!!

Amateur fan group for these alias of dark minimal industrial techno music from Fürth (Germany)..Legend and Mithic underground sound for our ears...
music produced and executed by Horst Malluck ( D.Blaze) , Andreas Wittman(Andy W.) and Ronald Lardy ( Ronald L.)(1995-1999)
deluxe colaborations on his labels..Fanon Flowers, Umek Uros, Karl O'Connor (Regis)
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

It was Horst and Ronald really, I been trying to track them down for years to get them to do something.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Have you seen this FB group Steve: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IesopeDriftObscurum

Fanon Flowers appears to still be in touch with them. He talks sporadically about 'new' unreleased material..
Fanon Flowers 8 March 2015
Spring is approaching. I will attempt to contact Iesope Drift-Obscurum and hopefully I will have good news. I can't confirm any unreleased material but perhaps a reissue and remixes are possible.

Fanon Flowers 24 March 2015
Contact has been made, we are now waiting on details....
Fanon Flowers 5 February 2014
I've been communicating with Obscurum and I'll have an OFFICIAL Obscurum update soon for the real fans!

Fanon Flowers 7 March 2014
I asked the Obscurum guys if they have any unreleased material they would like to release. They said possibly but they need to listen to old DAT tapes to find out. We are still waiting on a response from the Obscurum guys. Hopefully they will respond soon with some material worthy of a new release. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience!

Fanon Flowers 2 April 2014
Relax, please remember, the Obscurum guys have families and a life outside of music with career jobs. Techno is only a hobby for them at this time if their life. When we get an update, we will let you know. Thanks for your continued patience!
FInding it difficult to get any info about those guys at all. No interviews or anything. It would really appear that they DO have a life outside of music. Fanon alluded to it there in his posts on FB.

I found this 'Cyrth' side project from Andreas Wittmann. It has a bio in German.. He talks about being a 'Heilerziehungspfleger' which probably is a Carer or Health Care Worker. Would love to know a little more about them. They really do appear to be the ultimate anonymous, uncompromising motherfuckers :mrgreen:

http://www.stips.de/cyrth/cyrth.htm

Music: https://myspace.com/cyrth/music/songs

A Brief myself :
By profession I am Heilerziehungspfleger and work in an intensive group for behavioral problems and mentally disabled young people .
I'm trying to Cyrth a little way to express my own aggression through music and I deal with my own emotional depths or death.
I am born in 1972 , a lot of sports and am a total freak nature . Further, I am interested in other cultures ( Aboriginal , Indians , Germans, Celts ), from which I can draw very much for me. Besides my love for electronic music I like to drum up with other people or play didgeridoo in beautiful places in nature.

Cyrth is a new solo -death - industrial project from the living stone near Nuremberg artist Andreas Wittmann and walked out of the formation Iesope drift out .

Cyrth is a Welsh name and means death. The word was taken from an old book about ghosts .

The sounds used were all self- recorded or articulated. A portion of the sample was created with various drums ( djembe, shaman drum , tabla ) and the didgeridoo. The other part is metal u . Chain sounds , noise sequences from the radio or sequences that were created with your own voice .

Cyrth developed from the project Iesope drift , which consisted of Horst Maluck and Andreas Wittmann. A total of eight plates of 95 -98 on the label E -com . and Seico - corp from Fürth published .

The style of Iesope drift was a combination of techno and industrial. The rhythms are very repetitive , minimal and hypnotic.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

I tend to include at least one Obscurum track in each and every set I do Would love to hear some new releases
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

ACE! I do the same job as MUGON.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I think a lot of us do that Job. Social kind of jobs. Me too.

Fifield
tense

Post by Fifield »

wow awesome classics.

i like the most the electric junk track with the high mechanical synth

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

YEAH!

Worker
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Worker »

Some of these tracks have been reissued recently

https://www.discogs.com/Iesope-Drift-Os ... se/8343876

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Yes! Seen that on Facebook, Fanon has been posting a few links. They're amazing.. Hope there's more to follow / new stuff.

Incredible music.