The Martian - Particle Shower

Links to the classics
Thumper
decent
The Martian - Particle Shower

Post by Thumper »

I've been on a Detroit thing over the last few days, digging through my records and traveling backwards and forwards in time. I'd forgotten how much I loved this tune. It's like 9 minutes of compressed space-funk.

youtu.be/x3oftymBcKo

And you'll forgive a little more:

E-Dancer - Velocity Funk

youtu.be/7zJahqsccs4

Still can't believe it's the same guy who wrote Big Fun.

And another....this was an anthem at 69 way way back. I've seen dancefloors turn to pits of utter madness to this.

Eddie 'Flashin' Fowlkes - 420 Low

youtu.be/zYwrtofWsGs

Lance
GET A FUCKING AVATAR!!
Re: The Martian - Particle Shower

Post by Lance »

I find it very telling when I can go through this forum and find all the posts without any comments and know that they are always Detroit techno posts. Where is the Detroit love? And or course the post is from Scotland. Everyone overseas has love for Detroit, but not much love here in the states. Red Planet is great, as is UR.

The_G
Artificial Hazard
Re: The Martian - Particle Shower

Post by The_G »

Red Planet is far and away my favorite Detroit imprint. And there are a ton of classic Detroit records that I adore.

But I'm not surprised that Detroit techno is marginalized--both in the US and in global techno. Nothing really new has come from there in ages. I mean, I guess Asher Perkins is okay if you like tech-house made by dudes with hitler youth haircuts. But for the most part, the new stuff coming out of Detroit is just rehashes of the 1990s glory days.