[FTM003] Abyss Divide - Cubes of Abyss

Let the world know about new releases
Abyss Divide
Interact. Don't Spam.
[FTM003] Abyss Divide - Cubes of Abyss

Post by Abyss Divide »

Hi all,
Just wanted to share with you my first 'proper techno' release. It is out via Faster Than Music, a new label based in Macedonia. We have had some great feedback from people like Laurent Garnier, Renaat Vandepapeliere, Blawan, Alexey Volkov, and others (more info on that on the label's facebook page..).

It is available via Juno here: https://www.junodownload.com/products/a ... 803552-02/

You can listen to the tracks here:

1) Cube I (via Hatelab)
youtu.be/A5tN9rHYnP4

4) Cube III

3) Cube IV

Hope you enjoy it, and would be keen to read thoughts and impressions here :)

Cheers
Val

Prophän
Back Bling
Re: [FTM003] Abyss Divide - Cubes of Abyss

Post by Prophän »

Just writing this to remind myself to listen to it, I'll give my impressions later on.

Cheers

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Well, I gotta be honest, I found this a bit generic and a bit cliched.

Everything from the grey art (a drone techno staple), the generic track names, this instantly said, in presentation terms, "generic drone techno".
And to me, after listening, it sort of is.
I liked Cube IV the most, but there was nothing that memorable here that isn`t really being presented already by all the other grey artwork drone techno dudes out there, the production is a touch messy compared to the competition too...
To me, the artist has yet to find their own sound, and this sounds like they are trying to sound "like" a current techno fashion.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

starrk
beast

Post by starrk »

I like it well enough, the sinister saws are a pretty good payoff though I don't think the synth that comes in after the break quite adds to the second payoff. 11 minutes is a tad on the long side considering the progression happens fairly quickly (about half that time) and few new elements are introduced the second time around. Also a more interesting break would have been nice, as it drags on a bit.

Would have personally had some of the other drums cut through at the crescendo but that may be more a personal taste, I like the cracking sound of distorted snares and claps.

Can't really complain too much though, the sounds are good by my taste.