Forage - Calamites - Techgnosis Records

Let the world know about new releases
1nfinitezer0
Tiesto
Forage - Calamites - Techgnosis Records

Post by 1nfinitezer0 »

Moving forward! I'm pretty happy with this track, but didn't know where to put it since it's rather diverse. The wonky stumbling percussion and polyrhythm is intentional, though the rolling acid bassline reminded my friends of psytrance. It's not psytrance. Really not. But it's unique and I'm super happy with how the release turned out.

Søren Nordström (Toronto) produced a more widely applicable warehouse remix.

Ben Rama, label boss (Maritimes Canada, so probably a tiny forest village) and Longalenga also provided remixes, which are more along the minimal techno side of things. Still solid and complimentary to the original idea, but given the general tastes of the forum I didn't include them. They're on the store page in full of course:
https://techgnosisrecords.bandcamp.com/album/calamites

Contact me for DJ promo copies.

quest
will fuck for food
Re: Forage - Calamites - Techgnosis Records

Post by quest »

Yeah definitely not psytrance. If anything the line reminds me of the old techtrance sound of the early 00s, I used to play that kind of stuff a lot, before psy became really homogenized and I started losing interest.

Interesting piano riffs at the end of the clip, looking forward to see where they go in the full version

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I liked it, didnt feel it needed the acid though, was working just fine without it. Love the piano in the break, was hoping it would continue after the break but the acid came back.
Seems like an odd juxtaposition.
Would dig a non acid version, all the elements have a nice acousmatic textural sound.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

TimBuys
happy bastard

Post by TimBuys »

Especially dig the first track, nice!