Quest - Sidewinder

Let the world know about new releases
quest
will fuck for food
Quest - Sidewinder

Post by quest »

Another one that's out now. Again I kind of am hoping for feedback in the context of how it was intended to be used (you can hear elements of it near the end of the set in my signature)...

https://ryclabel.bandcamp.com/track/que ... ital-bonus

This time the synths were actually pitch-shifted to match the other tracks it was layering with.
I guess when I listen to the live set, each track only has a small contribution, but altogether the set keeps flowing.
I guess I just don't care about how fancy each individual track is... as long as it has something good going.... with the flexibility Stems gives you, you can layer elements of 3-4 tracks and come up with something different every time (even with the same 3-4 tracks).

Anyhow, any feedback is appreciated! Cheers!!

Dust Layer
leper
Re: Quest - Sidewinder

Post by Dust Layer »

quest wrote:Another one that's out now. Again I kind of am hoping for feedback in the context of how it was intended to be used (you can hear elements of it near the end of the set in my signature)...

https://ryclabel.bandcamp.com/track/que ... ital-bonus

This time the synths were actually pitch-shifted to match the other tracks it was layering with.
I guess when I listen to the live set, each track only has a small contribution, but altogether the set keeps flowing.
I guess I just don't care about how fancy each individual track is... as long as it has something good going.... with the flexibility Stems gives you, you can layer elements of 3-4 tracks and come up with something different every time (even with the same 3-4 tracks).

Anyhow, any feedback is appreciated! Cheers!!
Good track, it gets better and better all the way.
On a production angle it sounds well balanced and clear, good job!

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Moved to new releases.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Production is nice, but I found the music very generic tech-house, especially the bass. Nothing really happens for a long time.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Alex25
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Alex25 »

I like this track
my blog

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

Thanks Void, Looking back now I agree as well.

It was picked up by surprise in my early days finding my legs again as a producer after a decade doing other things.

Hopefully some upcoming releases will show found legs, I feel they will but we'll see what people think.