Roebin de Freitas - TORENHOOG EP

Let the world know about new releases
Roebin de Freitas
Mingler
Roebin de Freitas - TORENHOOG EP

Post by Roebin de Freitas »

Hello,

It's time for the next chapter in this massive string of EP's which result in the digital part of my third album. The limited double cd package itself is doing well but you still can buy a copy on Bandcamp.

This EP is concentrated around the title track 'Torenhoog' which is a deep, growling pre-dubstep tune with a haunting flute tune in the background.

On a remix tip we find Belgian master of dub and soundscape Djorvin Clain. A bit tongue in cheek I could digress on his first appearance on Belgian TV on a show called '2cool'. But I'm not sure if Djorvin would like to be reminded of that. It would also minimize the bouquet I'm trying to toss in his direction.
He has masterfully torn Torenhoog apart and rebuilt it full of shifty quantizing and sci-fi sweeps. Very moody!

The second remix is by Major Shlong, who will remain anonymous and just wanted to describe himself as 'the guy with the... '. Whatever that means. His remix turned out sounding like a drug enduced reowrk using a cocktail of nitrous oxide, gin tonic and valium. Disclaimer: problems standing up straight may occur.

The last track on this EP is a grime monster and has been well received so far. It's the secret tip and will destroy your dancefloor!

LISTEN HERE