Post by kronk »

o man... motherload

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Behringer VCS3

Post by Críoch »

Plubth.. Plubth.. PlubthPlubthPlubth? 🤣
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

A dream coming to reality for quite some people. I guess there will still be enough people that prefer waiting a few years for an expensive hand built boutique VCS3 over a Behringer, enough to stay in business, I'd hope.
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

borg wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 pm
A dream coming to reality for quite some people. I guess there will still be enough people that prefer waiting a few years for an expensive hand built boutique VCS3 over a Behringer, enough to stay in business, I'd hope.
Impossible for EMS to go out of business. He really isn`t "in" business as such.
The wait isn`t just a few years either, it can be 8-13 years, some people waited 15. (Makaton waited 8 years).
But you really are buying a work of art/mad genius. Because the circuitry in em is insane. The tolerance on some components is 10-20% so no two sound alike.
Robin is booked up for years ahead. Synthi`s are bespoke collectors pieces, people will always pay for that.

I`d be interested to know if behringer make a more efficient version in terms of production and tolerances.

But I want one. Thank you behringer
6 grand and a decade wait is not something I will put up with, not even for the synth I desire most.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

Oh wow. This is going to be interesting.

borg
Lifer

Post by borg »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:42 pm
the circuitry in em is insane.
Indeed, done some reading, the box seems filled with all kinds of weirdness that make the special character. I see guys having a go with DIY kits, and it's taking them ages. Also read Uli is building a second Behringerville in Malaysia, he's got a plan! wonder where this is going.
Andy
the lunatics are in the hall...

asm
crud

Post by asm »

I very much expect that it will be using all their chips eg a 3340 oscillator. So most likely a vcs3 style synth in the way that a crave is similar to a mother 32, just without that moog oscillator.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

I hope they get this right. Doesn't have to be 100% like an original but in the ballpark would be good.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Those chips sound nice tbf.. really like the bro1.

Watched a few crave /mother 32 vids. Fuck all difference!!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

buffered
Freestyler

Post by buffered »

These will sell like crazy. It's almost hard to believe a vcs3 is now attainable. Have played with the vcs3 Putney and it is so wild i can't imagine how difficult it would be to recreate this. Though even if they get close, it's still going to be great. Out of all the clones, even in future, this is the one i've been waiting for and will definately buy.

kronk
refusenik

Post by kronk »

B have added some extras in combination with a UK VCS modder + real spring reverb.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I know its a serious, niche synth.. but kids would fucking love this

kronk
refusenik

Post by kronk »

in my experience, if a synth interface is more fun to mess around with for kids then its a good one - dfam, easel, 303.... elektron def do not fit into this category *ducks

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Theres so much on that interface for kids..

Big Coloured knobs
Meter
Joystick (microphone? 🤞)
Battleships

Hopefully it comes with a built in speaker (half serious) & usb smartphone input for karaoke.

kronk
refusenik

Post by kronk »

no internal speaker(s)
pretty minimal control i/o
apparantly they have done a deal with robin as part of this too, so not a straight steal

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

asm wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:05 pm
I very much expect that it will be using all their chips eg a 3340 oscillator. So most likely a vcs3 style synth in the way that a crave is similar to a mother 32, just without that moog oscillator.
Unlikely they will use 3340's

They make and own most osc manufacturing now anyway. It's not really the oscillators of the vcs3 so much as the transistor array for them and the voltage scaling that makes the sound. It's how the oscillators beat against each other.
If behringer get that right, and I'm sure they will, jobs a goodun.

The wiring of the EMS stuff is incredibly inefficient, and some of the circuitry is unpredictable. How closely they model some of the bizarre feedback circuits is more interesting.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

asm
crud

Post by asm »

Sounds good then. I stand corrected and look forward to it.

Quite a while back I acquired an Analogue Systems modular of a former colleague. I pretty much gave up on a lot of things including music, but a month or so I switched it on an started plugging in cables and tuning knobs. It’s all very much inspired by EMS and in fact some of the modules are licensed copies. It has been just a joy to immerse yourself into - the sound is sublime. I’ve had some low times of late and that really helped me just forget it all and sort of meditate on the intense pulsating sound.

kronk
refusenik

Post by kronk »

asm wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:22 pm
Sounds good then. I stand corrected and look forward to it.

Quite a while back I acquired an Analogue Systems modular of a former colleague. I pretty much gave up on a lot of things including music, but a month or so I switched it on an started plugging in cables and tuning knobs. It’s all very much inspired by EMS and in fact some of the modules are licensed copies. It has been just a joy to immerse yourself into - the sound is sublime. I’ve had some low times of late and that really helped me just forget it all and sort of meditate on the intense pulsating sound.
purest reason for making music there. fair fucks

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

seriously interested in this one. ill take a listen to the clips of it when they surface but if they get it close to the original it will be a beast.

hopefully someone will do a comparison with the original.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....