Artificial Hazard
ASM Hydrosynth

Post by The_G »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: ASM Hydrosynth

Post by Lost to the Void »

I was really interested in this until I heard it.
It's not got a very exciting sound. Sounds like a vst from 2005.
Great features though.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

I dunno man, seems pretty interesting from this demo. Polyphonic aftertouch and a ton of neat features.

youtu.be/chCQz-O4Gns

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah, all the previous demos made me think it sounded like a cheapy meh vst.
Actually it turns out it sounds like a really good vst.
It's the features that make it.
Desktop version is mildly tempting.

youtu.be/Tm35lajXOdE
New Shit

a$$erbik
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by a$$erbik »

First impression - Serum in a box. Sounds pretty good and not too expensive. I can see myself maybe picking up a desktop once they are hitting the used market.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah it definitely has a Serum vibe.
Which is a good thing.
I hope this drives more companies to do interesting Digi hardware. Analog stuff is getting a bit predictable, at least from the big companies.
New Shit

a$$erbik
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by a$$erbik »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:51 pm
Yeah it definitely has a Serum vibe.
Which is a good thing.
I hope this drives more companies to do interesting Digi hardware. Analog stuff is getting a bit predictable, at least from the big companies.
Agreed (even though 90% of my boxes are currently analog). I think it's going to happen very soon. We are already starting to see this with the Microfreak. I think it is going to be extremely popular and very profitable for Arturia. Behringer is going to steal everyone's analog lunch money and oversaturate the market. Once the feast is over, everyone is going to start looking for something else.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Well behringer have a good team (particularly with the Midas guys), outside of their clones, their own original stuff is very creative.
I bowl on about it a lot, but the Deepmind is a work of Genius, taking the architecture of the Juno 106 and pumping it full of mind expanding drugs, so you get the benefits of a digitally controlled cross modulation matrix that allows you to route shit all over the place, along with some high quality in built fx. They own so many companies they can hybridise tech to interesting effect.
I`ve heard they have some interesting analog-digi hybrids in the lab that may see light.

There has been creeping new digi/hybrid stuff at this years music shows too, so I think we are going to see more genuinely new instruments.
New Shit

a$$erbik
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by a$$erbik »

Yes, I own DM12D and Neutron and think both of them are pretty awesome. Hopefully, once they turn into a well-oiled machine after pumping out all those clones and make their profits, they can start investing more into proper R&D and start doing more interesting things again. Having said all that, I'm still eagerly awaiting their UB-Xa. There's something magical about that machine (well, Tom Oberheim, I guess) and I can totally see it replacing my Rev2.

ekkor
Chernobyl

Post by ekkor »

Hydrasynth already listed in Thomann !

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

Resurrecting this thread to say I got my hands on the desktop version last week.

I finally got around to digging into it last night and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of options, but that isn't a bad thing. It feels good to use, both in terms of its architecture and the build. The interface is one of the most pleasant I've ever used; they really put a lot of thought and care into this thing. On top of that, it feels very very solid. Lots of metal, zero wobble on anything.

I first started messing around making big drones and atmosphere-type sounds trying to wrap my mind around the mutator types (most of which are familiar but many of which have unusual parameters) and all the modulation options. Lots of great sounds. I think it would be a lot of fun to use this machine with a sampler. Lots of great textures available.

It doesn't always sound good, and they haven't really made any effort to distinguish between the musical and not, but the ability to make it sound like an absolute disaster is a result of its incredible flexibility. I also thought a lot of demos sounded bad, but it's just because many synth youtubers have a serious taste problem.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

mervv wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:25 am
Resurrecting this thread to say I got my hands on the desktop version last week.

I finally got around to digging into it last night and I'm enjoying it a lot so far. To be honest, I'm a little overwhelmed with the amount of options, but that isn't a bad thing. It feels good to use, both in terms of its architecture and the build. The interface is one of the most pleasant I've ever used; they really put a lot of thought and care into this thing. On top of that, it feels very very solid. Lots of metal, zero wobble on anything.

I first started messing around making big drones and atmosphere-type sounds trying to wrap my mind around the mutator types (most of which are familiar but many of which have unusual parameters) and all the modulation options. Lots of great sounds. I think it would be a lot of fun to use this machine with a sampler. Lots of great textures available.

It doesn't always sound good, and they haven't really made any effort to distinguish between the musical and not, but the ability to make it sound like an absolute disaster is a result of its incredible flexibility. I also thought a lot of demos sounded bad, but it's just because many synth youtubers have a serious taste problem.
I completely forgot about this thing, and I've really gotten into wavetable and was considering Korg. But this thing is great. Desktop version for me.
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

I looked into the Hydrasynth for quite some time as a good Poly (with Wavetables) was the only thing missing in my setup. So I ordered a Hydrasynth. It's a nice synth but I couldn't tell you why i've sent it back right away.

It just doesn't sound very good to me. Very bland, no punch etc.

Tried a Modal Argon 8 afterwards and it sounds very good but was a bit too limited in terms of sounddesign.

So I said to myself: "fuck it, if you want wavetable just buy the real deal". So I got myself a Waldorf Iridium and what can I say...it's everything i'll ever need when it comes to a Polysynth.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

TvSkY
Paul Gadd

Post by TvSkY »

I picked up a hydra desktop and an argon 8m a little while ago . both are great . the hydrasynth gets the edge , if not for just the better interface . the argon is a crazy bargain though I paid about 300$ usd 2nd hand . thats a couple of korg volcas money.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

TvSkY wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:28 am
I picked up a hydra desktop and an argon 8m a little while ago . both are great . the hydrasynth gets the edge , if not for just the better interface . the argon is a crazy bargain though I paid about 300$ usd 2nd hand . thats a couple of korg volcas money.
I was toying with getting a Cobalt Desktop for my live rig. Changed my mind in the end, trying to move away from analog/analog synthesis sounds.
New Shit