FS: Analog Rytm

Post items to buy & sell, private ads and members services
Alume
Confetti
FS: Analog Rytm

Post by Alume »

I'm selling my beloved rytm, I'm had my fun dived into it but we've grown a part.

Its still got 2 years warranty, never gigs with it and smokeless studio.

Comes with all the formalities and hasnt got a scratch. The foil is still on the screen.

I'd like to get 1150 for it but i know thats a bit steap. Lets talk about the price I;m sure we'll come to an understanding.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: FS: Analog Rytm

Post by jordanneke »

Why are you selling it? As in what didn't you like about it?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

In all honesty I like it a lot. I love the sequencer and all the features it has. Overbridge is awesome and all it all its a very good machine.

I got going with it fairly well and easily but after a while i caught myself falling to the same patterns synthesis wise. The thing is you have to tweak quite extensively to reach a certain sound, something that is a total letdown for my workflow.

I realized that because i work fast I want quick results, I want to know what a machine can do and how i can achieve that quickly.

I know that I can achieve that with the rytm too but I;m not one to be saving a lot of patches in a machine. I want to turn in on, dail it in and move on.

In a nutshel those are the reasons, I'm also not a big fan of the analog synthesis, I had to do to much post processing to make it work in my mixes.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Also I couldnt justify the cost for just a tom or a kick here and there.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Sooooooooooold

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Alume wrote:In all honesty I like it a lot. I love the sequencer and all the features it has. Overbridge is awesome and all it all its a very good machine.

I got going with it fairly well and easily but after a while i caught myself falling to the same patterns synthesis wise. The thing is you have to tweak quite extensively to reach a certain sound, something that is a total letdown for my workflow.

I realized that because i work fast I want quick results, I want to know what a machine can do and how i can achieve that quickly.

I know that I can achieve that with the rytm too but I;m not one to be saving a lot of patches in a machine. I want to turn in on, dail it in and move on.

In a nutshel those are the reasons, I'm also not a big fan of the analog synthesis, I had to do to much post processing to make it work in my mixes.
So out of curiosity, what has been the alternative to the rytm that works better for you in the way you described?

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Im getting the Digitakt icw desktop synths like my Nord drum2. I can use the DT to sequence the ND2 and sample it when i come accros something cool. That way I will slowly fill up my DT with custom drum samples from my, ND2, machinedrum and eurorack modules.

I used the rytm mostly for playing samples and the sequencer and that what the DT is all about but then i a small formfactor and with a streamlined workflow.

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

Alume wrote:Im getting the Digitakt icw desktop synths like my Nord drum2. I can use the DT to sequence the ND2 and sample it when i come accros something cool. That way I will slowly fill up my DT with custom drum samples from my, ND2, machinedrum and eurorack modules.

I used the rytm mostly for playing samples and the sequencer and that what the DT is all about but then i a small formfactor and with a streamlined workflow.
I gotcha.

Already do a lot of tweaking in software to get my drum sounds and samples just right, so doing the same with the AR and Overbridge won't be much different for me I feel. Shaping filters pitch and such on Overbridge looks like pretty much the same experience as doing it in Ableton's Drum Rack. I'd just then have the added benefit of doing x0x style sequencing with everything once I have it right, which for me is the main appeal. That and having samples and synthesized sounds sharing the same space.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Its a great machine for sure. I just couldnt justify paying 1200 for a kick here and there.

Still a student and stuffzz, just try one out. Its pretty intuitive once youve worked with elektron bfore

td3l
reverse genius

Post by td3l »

I hate to take on additional debt, but I'm looking long and hard at Sweetwater's 24 month / no interest financing for Elektron stuff.

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Hmmm yeah i feel ya, i'd try to play around with it ar someones place first to see whats what.