Visuals

General Chat // Music Discussion
mainst09
Traits
Visuals

Post by mainst09 »

Guys forget the music i know yall don't like psy trance but check this visuals at modem a psy festival in croatia, this is unreal!!!!!

youtu.be/OCna1mw2dbI

youtu.be/YZ3cn7ptCkw
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Visuals

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mandala patterns???
Might as well throw in a Mandelbrot set as well ey?
I mean sure, very well done as tech has advanced, but like the music has not progressed in any way since the late 90's, neither has the visual asthetic.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Lost to the Void wrote:Mandala patterns???
I mean sure, very well done as tech has advanced, but like the music has not progressed in any way since the late 90's, neither has the visual asthetic.

True but i've never seen anything like this, if you know more shit like this please do show me i'd like to know different visual artists
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Eros
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Eros »

I'd like to go to Modem at some point. They have a good techno line up too, I'm fairly sure Tozzi played there last year.

We mainly do Psy trance festivals in Europe. I really like Dark Psy, and they always have plenty of techno/experimental stuff too.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

mainst09 wrote:

True but i've never seen anything like this, if you know more shit like this please do show me i'd like to know different visual artists

Whilst you are over in the UK, get yourself over to Boomtown festival in the summer.
You'll see this shit all over.
Boomtown itself is a carnival of visual madness.
New Shit

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

It looks great man.

The most recent thing i can compare it to is an awakenings night at gashouder a couple of years ago. They clearly spend a lot on production but it ain't as trippy as those parties!

Perhaps I'm a rose tinted spectacles, grumpy old fucker, but back in the day not much more was needed than good techno all night plus the green laser at atomic jam at the q club. Perhaps the chemicals filled in the gaps ;-)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Dark room, massive soundsystem, big fuck off strobe cannon.
That's all you need.
New Shit

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Lost to the Void wrote:Dark room, massive soundsystem, big fuck off strobe cannon.
That's all you need.
This. I might add a bit if smoke though.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

yeah, superfogger is a given.
New Shit

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:
mainst09 wrote:

Whilst you are over in the UK, get yourself over to Boomtown festival in the summer.
You'll see this shit all over.
Boomtown itself is a carnival of visual madness.
Boomtown is immersive in a way that those visuals are not.
Boomtown is essentially creating a whole town, warts and all from nothing. I didn't see mandala's projected there once, not even in the forest.
It's the definition of escapism.

s7ntax
pregnant

Post by s7ntax »

I'm not into Psy but I reckon I could have tolerated the music for the visuals if I had a couple of tabs of acid. Even without any chemicals in my system, I can see how that would be pretty fucking interesting while tripping.
Lost to the Void wrote:Dark room, massive soundsystem, big fuck off strobe cannon.
That's all you need.
And if it's a poor turnout just turn up the fog machine, that way there could be 2 people or 2000 people in there, you wouldn't know :)

Eros
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Eros »

StacieAnne wrote:

Boomtown is immersive in a way that those visuals are not.
Boomtown is essentially creating a whole town, warts and all from nothing. I didn't see mandala's projected there once, not even in the forest.
It's the definition of escapism.

To be fair that's one stage and one part of the visuals. There's a lot more around the whole festival. Boom festival in Portugal and Freqs of nature have particularly impressed me over the years. Best of all 24 hours of music and food security.

I agree with the comments on warehouses though, and one or two lights. Different feelings though in my experience. I like my techno inside a dark club.

Leskey
non reader

Post by Leskey »

Mslwte wrote:
That's all you need.
This. I might add a bit if smoke though.
Yeah. For me its a given that the dance floor is almost too dark. Still it feels like most arrangers feel the need to put in some effort to the visual stuff aswell... Nothing that turns me off at a party more than when your like half way of reaching your plateau and it suddenly hits you how fucking bright and flashing in green red blue all over the place. Just at the moment before total introspection.

Then 20 min later everything is good no matter where you are... But it aint orgasmic if all the pieces dont fit together smoothly. But its also easy to forget that its not just the lights and speakers that make up everything... It IS a pretty fucking big deal though. Lets face it, we're there to get our senses tingling.

i.am.buried
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by i.am.buried »

Lumen app looks interesting...https://lumen-app.com

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

yeah modem is really crazy, was there some years ago 2015 i think..
also how the whole mainstage is sourroundend by speakers in an arena type square in the woods
then the visuals the decoration the sound...
one crazy meltingpot
fusion festival is also very nice atmosphere wise