how do you think techno will sound in the coming years?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: how do you think techno will sound in the coming years?

Post by Lost to the Void »

ggggeeeeennnnneeeerrrrrriiiiiccccc aaaaacccccciiiiiiddddddd

But yeah, would probably blow the roof off of the old peoples home on a sunday night, if it was attached to a stick of dynamite, and it didn`t sound like some ancient generic acid made by a half dead goat on the way to be put down by the vet.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Come to think about it, I think one of the things driving the direction of techno is precisely that there isn't really a club scene in the UK anymore.

I'm being a bit UK centric, but I think it applies most places.

There are like 5 clubs in LDN whereas in the 90's there dozens upon dozens. That and the rise of the Bro-muscle-vest-festival scene, means that promoters will only book safe acts. I mean I'm not knocking the 6 techno dj's that appear on EVERY dam flyer, but since there's fuck all money in production, I'm guessing Rebecka will produce the sort of music that will guarantee her gigs and put a roof over her head.

I can't see it getting much better, I think the scene has fundamentally changed. The tail is wagging the dog. The need to get gigs is driving production.

I can totally see techno imploding like it did in the early 2000's, when even me, a pretty ardent fan, gave up on it.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Welp, even though its not a 12 minute long, experimental IDM influenced techno track, which has percussion made from the distorted field recordings of a violent diarrhoea fart.. Doesnt mean it wont get some people moving on a good system. ;)
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

jordanneke wrote:Come to think about it, I think one of the things driving the direction of techno is precisely that there isn't really a club scene in the UK anymore.

I'm being a bit UK centric, but I think it applies most places.

There are like 5 clubs in LDN whereas in the 90's there dozens upon dozens. That and the rise of the Bro-muscle-vest-festival scene, means that promoters will only book safe acts. I mean I'm not knocking the 6 techno dj's that appear on EVERY dam flyer, but since there's fuck all money in production, I'm guessing Rebecka will produce the sort of music that will guarantee her gigs and put a roof over her head.

I can't see it getting much better, I think the scene has fundamentally changed. The tail is wagging the dog. The need to get gigs is driving production.

I can totally see techno imploding like it did in the early 2000's, when even me, a pretty ardent fan, gave up on it.
Well london isnt the only place that brings techno to the UK.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

No, but LDN is the place where pretty much everything happens.

Besides, my hometown Birmingham, one was spoiled for choice 15 years ago. I mean surgeon and co are revered now, but 20 years ago they played week in week out and were never even top billing in the city. There was tons to do.

Now, Birmingham is a club wasteland, save for a couple of festival style events. Same in Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Mansfield, Liverpool............

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

I miss the faster tempo of old techno tracks! What the fuck happened to the BPM's??? Things have gotten kinda slooooow nowadays ;) .

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

Smaller places got shut.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Seems Regal sold out. Will move to whatever is the next big thing. I assume it to be like that.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

jordanneke wrote:I can totally see techno imploding like it did in the early 2000's, when even me, a pretty ardent fan, gave up on it.
I totally remember those times :cry:. Going to record shops and not finding the stuff I was looking for after listening to piles of records.
I really regretted it then; It's a different feeling now because there's so much bullshit around nowadays that it almost feels like normal if it would happen.
The things that attracted me to techno are now getting destroyed because off this massive whoring of the genre... .

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

jordanneke wrote:No, but LDN is the place where pretty much everything happens.

Besides, my hometown Birmingham, one was spoiled for choice 15 years ago. I mean surgeon and co are revered now, but 20 years ago they played week in week out and were never even top billing in the city. There was tons to do.

Now, Birmingham is a club wasteland, save for a couple of festival style events. Same in Nottingham, Leicester, Derby, Mansfield, Liverpool............
Well there still usually good stuff happening around the UK, but yeah london is where its mainly popping.

Since the new year there has been plenty of events i have been wanting and going to. Not to mentioned JADED at corsica every sunday. That event is a fucking god send to have week in and week out in the UK.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Well since the EDM festival approach moved into the clubs some Techno went back underground with invite-only parties till further notice.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Lost to the Void wrote:No, he`s a fucking cock knocker. The only way to get hip hop big with techno is to be as shit and generic as commercial hip hop (which he is clearly ok with, whoever the fuck he is), the man is pricktard with a desire to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and he can go in the toilet with all the other excrement.

I don`t think I`m taking advice or listening to a man that shits out turds like this.

"Techno"
That melody sounds like something out of a horrible, rightfully forgotten generic early 90s trance track on some "psychedelic euro techno-trance beats vol. 39" compilation :lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

His back catalogue is the same, just making generic cookie cutter versions of whatever was popular at the time.
Total hack. No idea why his opinion is being talked about.
New Shit

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

-----
FCK
RGL
-----

Fuck this Regal dude....seriously !!! Did he not listened to Show & AG - Full Scale EP ?

"Go mainstream, and get the cream
Heavily.
That's what you say, but I say
Never me."
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

God, I really can't grasp how dumb this guy is. Of course modern hip-hop is mainstream and you'll hear it in car advertise, on the radio and everywhere else. Because it turned into cheesy pop music.

I doubt that will work with overdriven 909's, fm clonks and atonal drones.So if he really thinks that, after the trap bubble bursts, Mulero will be the next Lil Uzi Vert, I highly doubt he's got a small rest of intelligence left
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Mono-xID wrote:Mulero will be the next Lil Uzi Vert
How dare you put those two names in the same sentence ..... Lil uzi vert...the sole of fact of hearing/reading that name makes me want to puke

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I give you
The fucking future

youtu.be/vwyuB8QKzBI
New Shit

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Mono-xID wrote:God, I really can't grasp how dumb this guy is. Of course modern hip-hop is mainstream and you'll hear it in car advertise, on the radio and everywhere else. Because it turned into cheesy pop music.

I doubt that will work with overdriven 909's, fm clonks and atonal drones.So if he really thinks that, after the trap bubble bursts, Mulero will be the next Lil Uzi Vert, I highly doubt he's got a small rest of intelligence left

lmao lil mulero
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

mainst09 wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:God, I really can't grasp how dumb this guy is. Of course modern hip-hop is mainstream and you'll hear it in car advertise, on the radio and everywhere else. Because it turned into cheesy pop music.

lmao lil mulero
Oscar Pequeño - bleepz n bitchez
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

WOLF!
Grand

Post by WOLF! »

Two weeks ago I heard Mulero play; the dj before him was...

REGAL!

I can tell you there was a big difference!

p.s.: We went to that party for Mulero :mrgreen: .