Food

General Chat // Music Discussion
juodas
Indirection
Food

Post by juodas »

So what producers are cooking, what's a favorite dish aah? I think cooking is a best way to spend your free time of course sport as well, so what did you made today? I cooked lovely vegan burittos nium nium :lol:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Food

Post by Lost to the Void »

I do all the cooking in the house, the missus burns water.
I'm pretty good at cooking.

Today I cooked barbecue pulled Jackfruit with frites.
Yesterday was pancake day so I made dairy free crepes with oyster mushrooms, toasted sweetcorn and a cheeze and sage sauce.
Then we had dairy free pancakes with a (dairy free) chocolate and black cherry sauce.

I cook vegan versions of food from just about every type of quisine. Thai, Moroccan, Persian, Northern European, Spanish, Italian, Mexican, North and South Indian, South American, Turkish, Greek, Eastern European, Chinese, African.
We have this big notebook of all the things I cook, and the missus picks the weeks menu from it, and I cook it.

Cooking for people is pleasurable to me, it's a way of sharing love, of saying I love you.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

I'm doing all the cooking for my girlfriend and myself as well. I'm on the vegetarian side, trying to make as many vegan thingies as I can, though I must sadly admit I'm cheese addict (but fighting it). Last time did vegan chilli con carne, went very good. Though I don't cook as often as I would like, because of problems with facilities we have. It's sometimes hard to find a clean pot in the house (or any at all) as well as there is always problem with decent knife (i think i'll get myself one, and will keep it for myself) so it's sometimes a struggle to cook anything. I know if I would have more decent kitchen I would have spend more time cooking as I really like doing it for my friends and fam.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

though my mrs hates it every time I say this : I do pretty much all the cooking in the house.
I mean, she learned how to make like 4 dishes. That's great when once every 2 weeks, she can make the food for a day and I don't have to cook, but yeah... :)

I originally started to cook all types of Asian food, then switched to more European kitchen, and started adding all kinds of stuff later on.
I still adore Asian food, but ever since I got kids, my options are more limited.
Just read somewhere how they love chicken feet in China and the Philippines,
didn't even know you can eat that, so I plan to make that in the near future as a simple challenge.

My mrs used to be vegetarian, so I originally learned how to cook vegetarian, but ever since my kids got born, she had to start eating meat (after losing too much blood when our first got born).
I simply love meat, I can't help it.
All 4 of us have a lactose intolerance, so we try to eat as little milk products as possible.

For those who don't know this site with recipes for people with food allergies :

https://heatherchristo.com

She's got new recipes coming on all the time.
Most of them are extremely easy to make, and have a great combination of tastes (and colors).

Try this one if you want a nice vegan recipe (but there are tons on there) :

https://heatherchristo.com/2017/08/14/t ... dle-salad/

(also, getting that spiralizer was a great extra for my kitchen)

and for the best ribs I have ever made :

https://heatherchristo.com/2013/07/28/b ... pork-ribs/

I'm usually a no-nosense guy when it comes to cooking. Fuck all the chichi that can go into cooking.
Get good ingredients, and treat them properly, and you'll always end up with good food.
I guess one of my favorite things to make is stews.
I used to survive in a real shitty kitchen (because we were waiting to get a new kitchen) for many years, but ever since we got a new kitchen, I got an AGA stove, so I really like to use the iron-cast oven cooking as much as I can.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

NAO
Suspect Handshake

Post by NAO »

I don’t cook basically. Don’t do much production either. Perhaps there’s a connection here.. :?: :!: :lol:

Cooking to me is something social, as Lost to the void puts it, it’s about sharing love. Since becoming single one year ago I basically stopped cooking. Not being home much and only cooking for myself when I do means I rarely cook at all. No proper cooking anyway.

I swear by River cottage veg everyday *gasp*. My bible. I’ve given away like what, five copies or so, spreading the love :D, cooked every single recipe in that book. It really is an amazing cookbook.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Yes, I cook loads. I'm pretty obsessed with Indian cookery, but do lots of different stuff.

Currently going through all the recipes of this columnist.

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/meera-sodha

We haven't had a bad one yet...

berto999
Unfriended

Post by berto999 »

I love cooking, my dads Italian so I get recipes from him. Italian food is great, cheap and easy to make.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Who are lazy to cook, should try one pot dishes, it's so easy and simple and more over it's freaking delicious, most of my meals are one pot, but all sort different veges, of course depends from mood what i'm kinda into, However i found out, that food does REALLY big influence towards production and general health, if i would eat pizza or wheat based products in a day, my other half of day, would be fucked, literally it's
overloading your stomach with heavy carbs and no fibre at all. Trying to avoid gluten as much as possible, but can't resist easy oat porridge with some fruits everyday.... Also i'm trying focusing on 1 meal per day, or in 16hours, 1 big meal and with a sidesnacks during a day time, it's really crazy thing, how much of energy you save during the day

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

really into tapas at the moment. this year, so far, ive been doing a lot of cooking. smaller meals and less shit / carbs and less drinking. lost a few pounds in the process.

favourites up to now are
padron peppers
garlic mushroom
chilli prawns
bruschetta

very basic really. but healthy, and tasty
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Mslwte wrote: garlic mushroom
sounds like risky business ! 8-)

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Lost to the Void wrote:I do all the cooking in the house, the missus burns water.

Yesterday was pancake day so I made dairy free crepes with oyster mushrooms, toasted sweetcorn and a cheeze and sage sauce.
Then we had dairy free pancakes with a (dairy free) chocolate and black cherry sauce.

I cook vegan versions of food from just about every type of quisine. Thai, Moroccan, Persian, Northern European, Spanish, Italian, Mexican, North and South Indian, South American, Turkish, Greek, Eastern European, Chinese, African.
We have this big notebook of all the things I cook, and the missus picks the weeks menu from it, and I cook it.

Cooking for people is pleasurable to me, it's a way of sharing love, of saying I love you.
Void you're a vegan?! I knew there had to be something...
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

0dd wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:I do all the cooking in the house, the missus burns water.

haha yeah that certain doubtlessness of doing/saying the right thing.
lots of firends of mine have it too =)

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

i love food. and i cook alot.
not as much as i used too, as we are living more in the city centre now.
i really like huevos, soups, everything that has potatoes involved, salads
currys and daals etc are nice too.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

0dd wrote:

Quincy Jones' recipe...

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/5 ... 5056.shtml

and my personal favorite (just posting it again) :

https://heatherchristo.com/2013/07/28/b ... pork-ribs/

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

over9000 wrote:i love food. and i cook alot.
don't just say "I cook a lot"
give us foodies some recipes, some websites, some tips,
no matter what.
but it's like you'd say "I really like techno" and then don't give a single fucking example of a good techno track. ;)

I'll gladly throw in some of my favorite recipes (well, I already did with some links above),
so if all of us would do that, this topic might actually get some practical use as well :)

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Ribs are the best when done properly IMO. We do em smoked nice and slow cooked here at the restaurant. Gonna try that recipe of yours, ribs and eastern ccooking. Spot on!

Here's something for the sweets lovers. A bit fiddly but amazing!
https://www.google.rs/amp/s/www.marthas ... iles%3famp
Last edited by 0dd on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

I just love kebab, food with noodles (just trow in some veggoes and meat and I'm good to go) or pasta , I also like to cook, especially for more people. All basics though, nothing fancy :).

When I'm hung over the most delisiouse thing on the planet is fastfood, just ordering some random stuff while chilling on the couch (burgers, pizza, kebab, etc...) :D

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Another Vegan here.

Eating REALLY badly at the moment as I'm climbing so much after work, it's difficult fitting in cooking with climbing so much. I'm currently living on Ramen. I know it's terrible. Huel has been my go-to for something quick to have before climbing.

I'm keen to get back into the swing of it and I did knock up a well nice stirfry the other night which was a bit of a miracle.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

Hades wrote:
over9000 wrote:i love food. and i cook alot.
don't just say "I cook a lot"
give us foodies some recipes, some websites, some tips,
no matter what.
but it's like you'd say "I really like techno" and then don't give a single fucking example of a good techno track. ;)

I'll gladly throw in some of my favorite recipes (well, I already did with some links above),
so if all of us would do that, this topic might actually get some practical use as well :)
ok challenge accepted.

what i really like for the winter months is this dish:
Spaghetti (the normal thick ones) with lentile sauce
Heat up oil, add onions and mushrooms, sear them, deglace with red wine & add laurel leaves and garlic
reduce the motherfucker
add tomato sauce/ pelati
reduce again
start cooking red lentils in a seperate pan
when the lentils are almost good add them to the sauce
take out the laurel leaves and mix with a hand blender
if availiable dried truffles (not much, otherwise you just have a truffle dish as the taste is so overwhelming)
or other dried mushrooms like porcini work very well when added after the lentils; might be neccesary to pre insert them in hot water)
spices that work good for this are oregano/thymian, rosemary (not much), pepper & salt ofc,
a bit of kurkuma, soy sauce (at the end), something sweet to take of the acid of the tomatoes (also at the end), i like pearsirup
Cook the spaghetti to taste, serve sauce & spaghetti hot and with lots of parmiggiano to put over
enjoy!
Last edited by over9000 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

somethin thats also very nice in winter is papet vaudois (its with meat though)
get some vaudois saucisson
(thats a speciality here in switzerland, but i think there are types of sausages everywhere that need to be cooked instead of roasted.)

cut potatoes in rather big pieces 1kg or something
put in a big pan
add a bit of water
cut carottes in wheels
put ontop of the potatoes as another layer
cut garden leek in wheels
put ontop as another layer
make some small holes in the sausages
put them on top as last layer
cook untill the water is boiling
white wine and maybe some juniper berrys can be added now
there are people who would add cream at this stage but i think it goes well without
boil on low flame for about 30 mins
add a bit of salt and pepper to taste
take out the sausages & cut them in wheels
what might work really well together with this is sauerkraut
serve & enjoy