Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinion

General Chat // Music Discussion
RWise
durchfall
Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinion

Post by RWise »

Seeing as how soundsystems can make or break the experience of techno at a club and/or festival; What are some rigs that are the best you've heard?

First ones that come to mind for me is the infamous Funktion 1 rig at the outside dekmantel mainstage in amsterdam. The clarity and punch was unreal...

Second is Fabrics room 1 system which i believe is Martin Audio... The mid and and high clarity give me an eargasm and the sub is super clean and punchy. The sub-sonic panels underneath the floor make for a really great experience with the sub vibrating your body.
Dont take life so seriously :mrgreen:

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio

Post by Mattias »

Three systems where I've been blown away.
A L'acoustic system that I tried to get the model number of (and did not succeed) and a big Void system and a big Renkuz Heinz rig.
I have not yet been fortunate enough to hear the Void Incubus.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Mattias wrote:Three systems where I've been blown away.
A L'acoustic system that I tried to get the model number of (and did not succeed) and a big Void system and a big Renkuz Heinz rig.
I have not yet been fortunate enough to hear the Void Incubus.
I experienced an L'acoustic system for the first time this year and was near enough blown away by it. The sound was so in your face but maintained clarity. Very impressive.

rsntr
Jan : )

Post by rsntr »

Plastic People (rip)

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Ratsounds rig.
It's entirely front facing boxes, no horns or anything.
Completely innefficient but it's like a huge fucking hifi.

My old partner has 120k of the new Void Incubus. Sounds utterly amazing.
The old rig in Bobby Centrum was set up well. Like a big hifi again, loud as fuck but complete clarity and it didn't fuck your ears.
I think is was D&B audio.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.
Need to experience the MoS rig. Heard amazing things about it. Would love to go if they booked something other than fucking out dated trance music...

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

DB Audiotechnik is basically the only sound rig for live company sound that exists in Sweden these days, often sounds great. Never heard much electronic music through any system though but it's clear as day they deliver. The Q7s are very efficient, seriously impressive speaker. If I would have continued in that business I would have been forced to use that.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

Best i’ve heard have probably been funktion 1. Something about how the highs sound papery instead of metallic. The heaviest bass i’ve heard has been from Pk though. Btw the Hydra is booking some solid Sunday daytime sessions at MoS nowadays

RWise
durchfall

Post by RWise »

terly wrote:Best i’ve heard have probably been funktion 1. Something about how the highs sound papery instead of metallic. The heaviest bass i’ve heard has been from Pk though. Btw the Hydra is booking some solid Sunday daytime sessions at MoS nowadays
Yeah i saw some of the hydra line ups. Some good heads playing. But im not a fan of this daytime clubbing shit.

Clubbing UNTIL daytime is a different story.. But some 12pm till 11pm shit.. nah fuck that.

PixelKind
who is it?

Post by PixelKind »

Womb in Tokyo. Insanely powerful but also such a clear and clean sound

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

Funktion 1 in berghain.
Some enormous Martin Sound on outdoor festival

rmac
broke

Post by rmac »

Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.

rmac
broke

Post by rmac »

P0607r0n wrote:Funktion 1 in berghain.
Tried to get into Berhain when was in Berlin and got knocked back :-(

I unfortunately now just have it associated in the same part of my brain as when i was 16/17 queuing to get into clubs and getting knocked back by the bouncers all the time :cry: .

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Funktion One at Berghain. The sound system and the room gives an exceptional experience. Really liked the one at fabric, too. The one in the main room.

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

rmac wrote:Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.
I would say my experience of their sound in electric Brixton was something I would call "decent". It certainly have some sweets spots, but it's not most evenly spread.
rmac wrote:

I unfortunately now just have it associated in the same part of my brain as when i was 16/17 queuing to get into clubs and getting knocked back by the bouncers all the time :cry: .
Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

P0607r0n wrote:
rmac wrote:Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.
I would say my experience of their sound in electric Brixton was something I would call "decent". It certainly have some sweets spots, but it's not most evenly spread.
rmac wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).
Apparently they decide whether you look like you enrich the party or you don't... Marquardt said in an interview once. And if you're too shitfaced.

rmac
broke

Post by rmac »

P0607r0n wrote:Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).
Haha noted for next time I goto Berlin: - make a DIY jumpsuit.

Although the stories of guys in the toilets asking for you to piss in their mouth make me a bit :shock: , the all weekend techno would have been fun.

rmac
broke

Post by rmac »

SHIDZO wrote:
Apparently they decide whether you look like you enrich the party or you don't... Marquardt said in an interview once. And if you're too shitfaced.

So I either looked like a boring cunt or irritating tourist or both. Probably both tbh.....boring irritating tourist cunt.

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

Lost to the Void wrote:Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.
This.

My friend used to be Head Of Production there. After the club nights ended, I'd just blast out my own shit for a while and see how it sounded :lol:

The sweet spot is just EVERYWHERE. It's unreal.