Ableton Loop 2017 weekend

General Chat // Music Discussion
OHADOHAD
decent
Ableton Loop 2017 weekend

Post by OHADOHAD »

What's up?
Anyone going there this weekend? maybe we can arrange some kind of a meet up.
No Bass Lines For Me!

arkos
Re: Ableton Loop 2017 weekend

Post by arkos »

I was planning to go but got injured and had to postpone my tour'de'europe...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I was there last year.
It's fun, but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money for the little I learned last year.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

rsntr
Jan : )

Post by rsntr »

Hades wrote:I was there last year.
It's fun, but I couldn't justify spending that amount of money for the little I learned last year.
That suspicion prevented me from getting a ticket for this year. Nice to see someone stating it clearly and not suffering from buyer's bias, trying to justify the money spent :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

honestly, had fun, but it's fucking expensive.
and most of the stuff going on has more "entertainment value", so to say,
than real learning value.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

let me give you 2 examples of what Loop can be :

I walked into some class where Matthew David was learning folks how to make ambient.
Most of the room was filled with hipsters that looked at the guy as if he was some sort of semi-god,
and in all fairness, I have to say I have not seen anyone dressed more hipster-like than mr David.
One day he was wearing one of these horse-riding pants and horse-riding boots,
as if he had just parked his horse outside or something... :D

Anyway, at some point he's demonstrating how he basically takes a MIDI note and draws it in for like 200 or 300+ bars, just so he could have an endless note.
So I explain him how to do the endless MIDI note clip,
and he had never heard of it, was too stoned to get my explanation,
so I had to walk up and show it to him.
He acted all cool and "hah, guess at Loop we're all learning from each other",
but you could see he was a bit embarrassed at the same time.

Another moment I came out of some lecture on educational projects using Live,
and walked into Gerhard Behles and started a talk with him, and Robert Henke was passing by and joined in.
I'd seen Henke play a really nice (and at the time quite innovative concert) about 14 years ago,
so we had a nice chat about how technology evolved so much since then.

So there's quite a few things that can get on your nerves, but there's a few nice things as well.
But yeah, in the end too expensive.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Yep these prices for Loop or Superbooth are fuckin ridiculous. I'd rather spend that money on blow and hookers (if I wouldn't have a girlfriend of course) 8-).
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

arkos

Post by arkos »

Mono-xID wrote:Yep these prices for Loop or Superbooth are fuckin ridiculous. I'd rather spend that money on blow and hookers (if I wouldn't have a girlfriend of course) 8-).
You could have got blow and went to Loop since your'e in the alpha test man... They gave out tickets.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

arkos wrote:
Mono-xID wrote:Yep these prices for Loop or Superbooth are fuckin ridiculous. I'd rather spend that money on blow and hookers (if I wouldn't have a girlfriend of course) 8-).
You could have got blow and went to Loop since your'e in the alpha test man... They gave out tickets.
Gutted!
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

arkos wrote:
My best mate works at Ableton so basically I'm invited for free but I'm not that interested really. Maybe I'll go, dunno.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

arkos

Post by arkos »

Mono-xID wrote:
arkos wrote:
My best mate works at Ableton so basically I'm invited for free but I'm not that interested really. Maybe I'll go, dunno.
Damn it let me rain on you're parade for at least a few fucking hours ! :mrgreen:

rsntr

Post by rsntr »

Hades wrote: Anyway, at some point he's demonstrating how he basically takes a MIDI note and draws it in for like 200 or 300+ bars, just so he could have an endless note.
So I explain him how to do the endless MIDI note clip,
and he had never heard of it, was too stoned to get my explanation,
so I had to walk up and show it to him.
He acted all cool and "hah, guess at Loop we're all learning from each other",
but you could see he was a bit embarrassed at the same time.
What a great story :D The only difference between you and him is that he probably got paid to learn something at Loop...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rsntr wrote: What a great story :D The only difference between you and him is that he probably got paid to learn something at Loop...
well, it's funny, but at the same time, you really feel awkward in that situation.
I mean, you can show it as polite and humble as possible but it's still kind of showing him he doesn't know something very obvious, you know ? :)

I got another one of those :
last evening I was there, I was taking a leak, and next to me was another hipster looking guy,
who was literally checking his FB on his phone with his 1 hand, while holding his dick to pee with his other hand only 5 cm away or something (could have been pissing on his phone in no time).
So I go "hey, you're totally right, why just take a leak when you can take a leak and check your FB status at the same time, huh ?"
And the guy just totally starts losing it, almost yelling to me:
"well, what are you doing here, huh ? I'm working here dude. Why don't you be a little less judgmental !"
So I say "hey, chill, it's just a simple joke, no need to stress"
And the guy stays pissed off like crazy.
"You think that's funny ? I don't think that's funny !" blablabla...
Even shoved me against the lavatory by purpose when I was washing my hands as some kind of poor replacement for the macho "bump against the other guy's shoulder move".

When I got home, I looked up the guy, and it turned out to be one of the "creative directors" of Loop, haha.
Most painful part was that it turned out he was moderating the session that was in the studio next to the one I was following a session, and there were big windows in-between the studio's, so I was like in his sight for the next 1,5 hours. I was literally thinking "man, it wouldn't surprise me if the guy sends one of those baboons over to throw me out or something", because the place was stuffed with security guards. :?

Seriously man, if you take yourself that serious, and you make your paying customers sign some kind of statement saying you will always respect each individual and blablabla...
Damn, should have said "I'm paying for part of your salary, mr ego, is that allowed ?" :)

So many people in music country (or other creative things) take themselves way too seriously... :)
Gerhard and Robert don't take themselves serious like that. They're great guys.

arkos

Post by arkos »

Hades wrote: I got another one of those :
last evening I was there, I was taking a leak, and next to me was another hipster looking guy,
who was literally checking his FB on his phone with his 1 hand, while holding his dick to pee with his other hand only 5 cm away or something (could have been pissing on his phone in no time).
So I go "hey, you're totally right, why just take a leak when you can take a leak and check your FB status at the same time, huh ?"
And the guy just totally starts losing it, almost yelling to me:
"well, what are you doing here, huh ? I'm working here dude. Why don't you be a little less judgmental !"
So I say "hey, chill, it's just a simple joke, no need to stress"
And the guy stays pissed off like crazy.
He reacted that way cause he knew you was right :D I hate hipsters... That's my new production name from now on :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

he just reacted that way because he was a prick.
Like it says in your signature : "people are stupid"

rsntr

Post by rsntr »

Sounds to me like he was either very insecure or maybe he got picked on by his superiors to finally get some work done.

rsntr

Post by rsntr »

OR it was a coke, speed, ... whatever neurosis :lol: