It's all kicking off in tech-house land

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Re: It's all kicking off in tech-house land

Post by Críoch »

Like.. in such a loop based genre, it's a bizarre approach to use when making your own releases. I'm not sure if you could fly under the radar with an 8bar loop anywhere.. but given the repetitive nature of techno.. you're surely putting yourself directly under the microscope. .
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

TomasHD
slipper

Post by TomasHD »

Tbh, it doesn't surprised me what these guy Safras did, of course its pretty low to betray someone's work, but tech house is just a genre that has gone nowhere (same loops, samples, all over n over again)

I was quite shocked when i heard about Emmanuel's plagiarism, but i ve to reckon that ARTS has released very good in music in the last few years and doesn't represent the owner (in my opinion)

TomasHD
slipper

Post by TomasHD »

Críoch wrote:Like.. in such a loop based genre, it's a bizarre approach to use when making your own releases. I'm not sure if you could fly under the radar with an 8bar loop anywhere.. but given the repetitive nature of techno.. you're surely putting yourself directly under the microscope. .
Yeah, at least Emmanuel heavily processed the stolen loops. (just saying, not justifying or anything)

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Another day another pop star is exposed with their dick in the vice trying to keep up their money making machine on others hard work.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

TomasHD wrote:Tbh, it doesn't surprised me what these guy Safras did, of course its pretty low to betray someone's work, but tech house is just a genre that has gone nowhere (same loops, samples, all over n over again)

I was quite shocked when i heard about Emmanuel's plagiarism, but i ve to reckon that ARTS has released very good in music in the last few years and doesn't represent the owner (in my opinion)
It doesn't represent the owner??? It's his fucking label ffs. If you buy ARTS music you support a stealing twat,period. And now that all his shady efforts are public I disrespect everyone who release his music on that label ( unless the person really has no clue).

I'm pretty hardcore about such things,fuck Emmanuel and fuck (F)ARTS...
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Lost to the Void wrote: Let's be clear, there is no supposed about it.
He stole the tracks.
Yes I'm convinced he did too, but I think we're kind of forced to give him the benefit of doubt because we have no clear evidence.
To state it in another way, let's say that there are 99% chances he did stole the tracks.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

jordanneke wrote:

Annnnnnd no one give a shit....

He's still got a record label, and people still buy his shit.
Yeah, that's my point really.
Integrity seems to be an expert since commodity these days.
People are willing to suck Satan's cock for the tiniest of rewards now.
If you are going to gulp down Satan's fetid seed, at least do it for a fucking big reward.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Críoch wrote:Like.. in such a loop based genre, it's a bizarre approach to use when making your own releases. I'm not sure if you could fly under the radar with an 8bar loop anywhere.. but given the repetitive nature of techno.. you're surely putting yourself directly under the microscope. .
Takaaki Itoh (or krapaaki stealo as he was known back in the Nursery days) did it for years.
Sampled mulero, Regis, surgeon tracks and used the loops in his own tunes, which also sounded like Regis and surgeon etc tracks anyway.
Everyone talked about it but he never really got called out.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Mono-xID wrote:
TomasHD wrote:Tbh, it doesn't surprised me what these guy Safras did, of course its pretty low to betray someone's work, but tech house is just a genre that has gone nowhere (same loops, samples, all over n over again)

It doesn't represent the owner??? It's his fucking label ffs. If you buy ARTS music you support a stealing twat,period. And now that all his shady efforts are public I disrespect everyone who release his music on that label ( unless the person really has no clue).

I'm pretty hardcore about such things,fuck Emmanuel and fuck (F)ARTS...
Totally with you there.
People justifying supporting a dirtbag.....
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Prophän wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: Let's be clear, there is no supposed about it.
He stole the tracks.
Yes I'm convinced he did too, but I think we're kind of forced to give him the benefit of doubt because we have no clear evidence.
To state it in another way, let's say that there are 99% chances he did stole the tracks.

Erm, there is more evidence.

1stly he got caught.
Tresor the tried to buy the licensing from THE ORIGINAL producers who ACTUALLY made the music. They realised the ethical quandary and changed their minds and pulled the release with a public statement.
Stani even published his conversation with the Cunt who contacted him about it.
And then we have the many different statements captain cunt made about what he did, and the story kept changing.

1)We have clear evidence. The original prices of music HAD ALREADY BEEN RELEASED and can be heard on their original releases.
2)After pursuing licensing Tresor pulled the release, the public statement is a matter of public record
3) He fucking admitted it, without achkowledging responsibility for it.

Therefore we are not forced to give him the benefit of the doubt. There is no doubt, he did it.
New Shit

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Lost to the Void wrote: Tresor the tried to buy the licensing from THE ORIGINAL producers who ACTUALLY made the music. They realised the ethical quandary and changed their minds and pulled the release with a public statement.
Damn, wasn't aware of that information, I remove what I said then, it's a 100% sure now of course.

Feel sad about takaaki, I really like some of his tracks..

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

TomasHD wrote:
Yeah, at least Emmanuel heavily processed the stolen loops. (just saying, not justifying or anything)
no he didn't
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Prophän wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote: Tresor the tried to buy the licensing from THE ORIGINAL producers who ACTUALLY made the music. They realised the ethical quandary and changed their minds and pulled the release with a public statement.
Damn, wasn't aware of that information, I remove what I said then, it's a 100% sure now of course.

Which one? The one with the Mulero loop or with the Surgeon loop?
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Seems the untalented fuck made an official statement regarding all this. Admits he messed up in the most pathetic manner possible, the usual.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Mattias wrote:Seems the untalented fuck made an official statement regarding all this. Admits he messed up in the most pathetic manner possible, the usual.
Which untalented fuck are you referring to?

onthemake
broke

Post by onthemake »

Genuine request. Could people name and shame these producers who have been caught out copy or stealing the work of others. With so much music out there these days its hard to keep on top of it all, but I'd rather not hand over my money to these people. I had no idea that Emmanuel from ARTS was the same as that guy on Tresor for example and regret buying a couple of tunes from his label now. I don't have much money to spend on music these days so would rather give it to genuine artists.

So far we seem to have Emmanuel and Takaaki Itoh. Anymore to steer clear of?

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett

Post by Huck Farper »

This ARTS artist sent me 3 tracks that I released on my label. Within a couple hours half the internet was telling me that the tracks were all stolen. The acid lines completely lifted from classic tunes;

https://www.beatport.com/release/alien-rain/1927626

LOL even his track titles are rip offs.

I'm sure these ARTS tracks probably were lifted as well. I'm sure they don't care.

Prophän
Back Bling

Post by Prophän »

Mono-xID wrote:
Prophän wrote:

Which one? The one with the Mulero loop or with the Surgeon loop?
You tell me which one is being used here :lol:

youtu.be/JGBH5WusbyM

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think quite a lot of his stuff had Birmingham loop rips 'em.
It was all talked about years ago.
He actually makes or made (no idea what he is doing now) pretty good stuff of his own after all that (unless it also had other people's stuff in), so Immnot sure why he did it, I don't even think it was meant nefariously, not in an Emanuel level.
I mean he was totally ripping on the sound of the Birmingham, Ealing, UK dark techno sound, 65D Mac's etc.
But a lot of people were back then. But he actually just lifted stuff from people's tunes directly..
Sampling is fine, knick a funk beat, chop it up, make some dubstep.. sure.
Nick a dark brum tune loop and then make dark brum techno... Just seems wrong ey?

I think this stuff is just easier to catch now, the all watching eye of the internet.
New Shit

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

Another case I remember from a couple years ago was Emmanuel Top (hehe :)) taking a good chunk from a Jonas Kopp track. It was a really weird one, the sample he took didn't fit in the track, really.

I've also thought for a long time that there is a really weird double standard with dance music when it comes to sampling. Billions of classic house tracks are complete ripoffs of some old funk/disco/soul track. Same goes for a lot of techno from the early 2000s funky techno era. But god forbid you take a small loop from a fellow techno producer, then all hell goes lose. Obviously, there is a massive creative difference based on what you sample, ie. finding some old obscure record from a different genre and re-purposing it vs. sampling techno, which feels quite incestious. But still, it's weird to see everyone in techno land suddenly become an ardent defender of copyright and intellectual property whenever it happens.

I think in any case, sampling other techno records was much more common in the 90s when a lot of people lacked gear and dedicated sample libraries and had to get their sounds from other records. I have this old Fabrice Lig record that blatently samples Hood and Mills but it's done in such a brute and amateur way that it ends up sounding quite charming again to me.