Did the rave generation take too many drugs?

General Chat // Music Discussion
jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Did the rave generation take too many drugs?

Post by jordanneke »

[wesellboxes] wrote:If anyone else is actually interested in this, I actually pondered what the bank could have actually meant by putting that message on it's ATM. Rather than some alpha, mansophere, reddit tit rant, I took it to mean it's possible the bank won't be adopting patriarchal/matriarchal messages or gender codification (blue/pink) in it's branding or advertising. In short, open a junior savers account and get a toy rather than a car for a boy and doll for a girl. Most if not all major companies are doing this these days.
I dunno man.

Nickelodeon Jr used to do great gender neutral cartoons. Dora the Explorer and such, now everything is gendered. Monster trucks and Unicorns, knights vs princesses, purple and pink vs blue. It kinda pisses me off.

So in order to redress the balance, they have created a 'knight princess', who rides a unicorn, wears pink, but also happens to be a knight. It's a total fucking fail. Rather than going back to the proper gender neutral cartoons of 10 yrs ago.

Right now my kids are watching Lego NEXO knights, which is as boyish as you can get, but they have (surprise) a pink wearing token girl knight. It's fucking lame.

dcom
Poo Fingers

Post by dcom »

I'm going inappropriately full SJW on this.
Pelecaras wrote:You can't undo billions of years of biology just because some poor little milkenials are confused.
That sentence contains ignorance, belittlement, condescension and a typo for added effect (petty, I know).

You are erroneously conflating two separate concepts, sex and gender.

Sex is defined by the individual's reproductive organs and secondary sex characteristics e.g. female breasts based on X/Y chromosome difference. There are chromosomal and physiological mutations which break this simple distinction: hermaphrodites, XXY and XYY extra chromosomes etc., but the individual is nevertheless assigned one or the other. The distinction doesn't affect sexual preference or behavior, it's about meat and other stuff the organs are made of.

Gender, when not used as an euphemism for the sex of an individual, refers to the individual's self representation as male, female, trans, queer, null - a non-normative, non-binary identity construct defined, maintained and represented by the individual *self (* is a placeholder for the preferred gender prefix of the individual).

Both concepts are of course way more complex than that, but they'll suffice for now.
Pelecaras wrote:I think my generation (the parents of these people)'took WAYYYYYY TOO MANY drugs.
That is an opinion, not an argument or fact, but I'll consider it to mean that you're positing that parents' drug use leads to the distortion of their offspring's normative binary gender identity, replacing or adding to it subjective, arbitrarily chosen and defined classifications, not accepting the "natural" order of things.
Pelecaras wrote:Discuss and change my attitude if you can cos it would seem that the whole world is mentally ill or I'm seriously out of touch.
Not being able to accept something outside one's personal control and wanting to excert force of will over others' lives is intolerant, bigoted and narrow-minded, plain and simple, and none of your business, either. Be disgusted, appalled and offended as much as you want, but it's still none of your business. The fruit of your own loins is yours to raise, but sooner or later it ceases to be your business. The world is a complex and confusing place way out of any individual's control - very often the most intolerant and narrow-minded people are the ones who congratulate themselves on their tolerance and open-mindedness (Hitchens' words, not mine).

You need to find out for yourself whether you need an attitude adjustment. Transcend your biases and exeunt your filter bubble. Read things you don't agree with and choose to understand. Facts, not opinions - everyone is entitled to his opinions, but not his own facts (Moynihan's words, not mine). If you feel out of touch, reach out and touch someone regardless of their preferred gender identity.

P.S. I'm male, married, been out raving, still on several recreational drugs, clinically diagnosed as mentally ill (type II bipolar with a pinch of OCD) and neuroatypical (on the autistic spectrum with high-functioning Asperger's).
Technostructuralist.SoundCloudDiscogs

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Pelecaras wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:I think when anything becomes an issue, then it becomes an issue.
I believe strongly in equality and freedom.
People's sexuality is no one's business but their own.
Whatever gender they decide they identify with is up to them, and wherever they think they are on the scale, hooray for them.
Wear what the fuck you like, look how you want, fuck who you want, what does it matter? who cares? don't go on about it.

For me, I just don't give a fuck.
We are all clumps of matter moving through a state of sentience before we return to the nothingness from whence we came.
Try not to hurt anyone else on your way through, and do your thing, none of it matters.
Black, white, tan, gay, straight, bi, trans..... Treat me right and I'll treat you right, fuck with me and I will ruin you.

I will love you liked Buddha or hate you like Stalin........

But sometimes SJWs get over the top about it, where the cause becomes a performance, it becomes some kind of moral X Factor competition. Who can be the most right on and prove just how right on they are, and their issue is the most important and fuck your issue.

And then you get fucking announcements like that bank.

How about just saying
"We are an ethical bank"
Hahahahahahahaha

Sorry, never going to happen is it.

That would be a paradox.

If you want to be serious and look in to what is natural and what is manufactured in terms of gender roles in societies, you may be surprised, chromosomes don't define gender roles, society does.... But who gives a fuck..??

Just treat everyone within society with fairness and decency, no need to pick a specific minority or gender to focus on.

None of us are getting out of this alive.
Ah you see that's where we differ dude because (in my opinion) there's only 2 sexes. Just because a man thinks he's a woman or neither, doesn't change the fact that genetically he is a man. Unless the individual is intersex but that's a whole different bag.
Of course nurture and society have an influence but genetics play their role.
My main bugbear is that my bank is so fucking afraid of the SJWs that it has abandoned all gender terms.
I like being called Mr, I am a man, I have 1 X chromosome and 1 Y, I have hairy balls, I have a large jaw, I am strong and powerful.

I believe that people should be allowed to do what they want but not to the extent that companies (for fear of losing profits) are bullied into dropping gender terms or boys and girls clothing, I read last week that there is now a campaign to drop the term male and female from passports!!!

People (usually lonely, isolated misfits) are being infected with the idea that their gender is fluid, no it's not.
I expect most of them will grow out of the idea just like I grew out of the idea that I was a communist.
It's a fad, it's a trend and yes it bothers me.
There are REAL causes in the world to stand up for.

Now let me state that I agree wholeheartedly that people, regardless of colour, gender, religion, politics etc deserve to be treated as I wish to be treated by others but I wholeheartedly disagree with anyone that says gender doesn't exist. It's a dangerous road man.

P.S
your answers are always so deep dude, I envy your ability to meditate on such matters (pardon the pun)
I wonder.....are you smart or book-smart? Honest question no offence intended, I'm genuinely curious as you seem very knowledgeable about lots of things.
That's the point though, your chromosomes only dictate physicality, our mentality is dependant on external as well as internal factors. It is not only dependent on physicality.
Therefore gay (also present in animal kingdom), straight, bi whatever.

Inconsider myself a blokey bloke. Not exactly macho but I conform to some male stereotypes, I worked as a bouncer, went through a very macho period in those years, spent time as, essentially, a criminal in the rave years, in a very stereotypically macho culture. I love women, physically, adore the female form, have been in happy relationship for 20 years and we still fuck and make love regularly. I would say I am mostly at the fully hetero side of the scale.
Mostly.
Whilst I never had a problem with sexuality I found myself attracted to a guy years back. We became friends and it became more than that, we were so good friends, we clicked so well that I realised I had kinda fallen in love with the guy, and he was bi, but I was fully, happily hetero (was my early 20s, had been a ladies man, and at that point was unable relationship with a girl). It turned out he had also fallen for me, and this weird bromance happened. I went from being double hard womanising nutter (I was in my industrial band at the time) to a fluffy bunny around him.
It didn't really bother me at all, nothing freaked me out as it just felt natural, like falling in love does. Ultimately after really thinking about stuff I couldn't get over the physicality, I just wasn't attracted to the male form, and I could never go beyond a hug or a snuggle. It turned out I loved his mind, "him", but not his male body. I never expected any of that to shit to happen, I was a MAN.
I had to tell him before anything like a real relationship happened, as it wasn't fair in him.
We remained great friends but I felt there was always a tension from his side, and over a period of a few years we drifted apart as friends.
I've never been attracted to a man since, but I did get a great insight.
Maybe I should have gone all the way just for the experience....
There are some that would have thrown caution to the wind. But I knew that dick just wasn't for me.

So I can understand how homosexual love can happen, love just happens, so it makes sense how the physical atraction can happen too.
I know when a man is attractive, or buff (who hasn't felt jealous at one time, of a man more attractive than them). We all do. If we as men can understand that, it's not much of a leap that some men can find that attractive. And it's not hard to see women fancying women.
And sure, why not be in to both? If you dig the asthetics equally then awesome.
Some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla, some people like vanilla and chocolate equally.
I've kicked about in the counterculture for most of my adult life, partied in the fetish scene, the modern primitive movement, raves, sqautters, anarchists, industrial scenes, blah blah and have known trans, bi, gay everything long before it became the hot topic it is now.
Once you know people like this you realise they are no different to yourself. To me it just makes people more interesting.
They all want love, acceptance, have the same foibles, fears, loves and hates as us.
We are all on this confusing journey of existence and it's terrifying and wonderful, and if you can find some love and pleasure on your way from nothing to nothing then go for it, and people should leave you the fuck alone for it.

There are genetic differences between white, black, Mongolian etc. But I think we have mostly, in the west, come to agreement that basically we still want the same shit and that racism is bad. So if we can exclude those genetic differences then mental differences etc should be just as tolerable.

Does it matter if we lose the term Mr or Miss or whatever?
Does it really?
What does it actually mean?

I mean I kinda agree it's just language and if it isn't an issue then why should it matter if we keep it?
Maybe it does hurt some people to see these definitions that make them feel lost between them. I don't know. If people hurt less then cool.

If you are bothered by someone loving someone or fucking someone then it's YOUR problem, not theirs.

And if you feel you are losing your own masculine identity because of some letters before your name then maybe you are not so confident in who you really are?
If you really know yourself then it shouldn't matter.

I understand resisting change, it's part of us, we want comfort. I do it, some of this SJW stuff does go too far, but I think it all comes from the right place. We have to question it and examine it, of course. And we have to question ourselves and our own responses to all this, we can't just dig in our heels.

The reason we are seeing more people come out is because we are going through this rise in intolerance, and it allows more people in-between the norms to feel that maybe
They can now speak about their own place within the madness of it all.

Eventually it all breaks down to the individual level where we recognise we are all individuals and everyone deserves equality providing they do no harm.
Maybe at that point we finally fucking evolve.

To answer another question.
Am I book smart? I have always read a lot. Literature, science and philosophy. And I love the visual arts, I'm not sure that makes me smart though.. I suppose I'm a renaissance man of sorts, I've led what I consider to be an unusual and interesting life of constant investigation and question and rebellion or sorts. I've dove heavily into philosophy and then occult, mind mastery.
I do have a high IQ, I did very well at school, I've tested at mensa level (at the lower end formmensa qualification), but IQ testing, I think, is flawed, it doesn't cover emotional intelligence and "common sense", I'm not sure what it really means. My maths is terrible.
I don't consider myself smart, I'm just different.

I'm just interested in everything, I think there is so much to know and understand about reality it's a shame to not try to grasp as much as you can. We are the universe examining itself, and maybe, though we don't live for long, we add to the totally of the understanding of what infinity actually is, by being a part of that examination. Discussion and rumination keeps the brain alive. Testing ideas is a great way to keep your mind growing.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

dcom
Poo Fingers

Post by dcom »

Lost to the Void wrote:I'm just interested in everything, I think there is so much to know and understand about reality it's a shame to not try to grasp as much as you can.
The more you know the better you understand and accept the limits of memory, knowledge accumulation, recall and the gruesome fact that recall always modifies memory. You can know anything, but not everything - that's been very hard for me to integrate and accept. I have constant problems grasping that people are content being intellectually uncurious, make new, interesting mistakes when learning and choosing not to think for whatever reason. Thinking is fucking awesome; hard, but awesome. Not knowing or being wrong are opportunities to learn.

I appreciate the outright brutal honesty and no-bollocks environment here, mirroring one of my base principles of being honest rather than nice. That's respect in my universe.

But I digress.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Pelecaras wrote:Crioch, please respect my wishes and delete my account. I have no interest in being part of this forum anymore.
Delete yourself dude. So as soon as People don't agree with your opinions and come up with arguments you turn into a pussy (hope you'll get the joke) and want to leave?
That's lame.

You can be mad as you want about gender crap but don't expect people on here are too.

You know what? I couldn't give a flying shit about all this gender crap as it don't affect my daily life in slightest way.

What does it take away from you if the bank dude behind the counter doesn't call you Mr. ? Your pride or what?
Feel free to switch banks, problem solved, blood pressure normal, life goes on.

Oh, and please reconsider your tone. Calling someone faggot out of rage makes you look very very stupid.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Planar
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Planar »

Pelecaras wrote:
jacksonick wrote:oh... bye :(
It's easy to be sarcastic when hiding behind a computer, would you be willing to come to Nottingham and say that cos if so I'll gladly pm my address you fucking faggot.

This isn't in the spirit of the forum, Pelecaras. Take some time away from the topic and cool down.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Pelecaras wrote:
jacksonick wrote:oh... bye :(
It's easy to be sarcastic when hiding behind a computer, would you be willing to come to Nottingham and say that cos if so I'll gladly pm my address you fucking faggot.
Yeah, nah, that's not a good look.

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

I've been called worse but the invite to Nottingham to get my head stoved in could do without.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

jacksonick wrote:I've been called worse but the invite to Nottingham to get my head stoved in could do without.

I've lived there. Getting a street lobotomy may make the place nicer.

jacksonick
reverse genius

Post by jacksonick »

Went to a club there once. Don't remember much. I imagine that's quite similar.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

mainst09 wrote:I'm not a racist but i don't like black guys IMHO.
WTF?

We need to make a subsekt sarcasm rule.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Man alive..

Delete? Ok.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Críoch wrote:Delete? Ok.
+1

dcom
Poo Fingers

Post by dcom »

I inadvertently missed this reply. If I'm out of line, let me know.
Pelecaras wrote:Ah you see that's where we differ dude because (in my opinion) there's only 2 sexes.
Correct. There are two sexes and that's a fact, not an opinion. However, sex doesn't map 1:1 to gender.
Pelecaras wrote:Just because a man thinks he's a woman or neither, doesn't change the fact that genetically he is a man. Unless the individual is intersex but that's a whole different bag.
Sex is not a matter of thinking or choice, but the fact is that the genetics of sex are more diverse than than. Sometimes a geneticist has to ogle the bits and bobs, sequence the genome to see what's out of order and even give it a thought or two before assigning one or the other. Nevertheless, sex has to do with the bits of meat you can have fun with.
Pelecaras wrote:I like being called Mr, I am a man, I have 1 X chromosome and 1 Y, I have hairy balls, I have a large jaw, I am strong and powerful.
Good for you. How do you view women? Are they "the weaker sex"? Is asserting dominance important to you? Do you use your strength to feel powerful?
Pelecaras wrote:People (usually lonely, isolated misfits) are being infected with the idea that their gender is fluid, no it's not.
Another disparaging statement slathered with disgust and dismissal. Weak hate rhetoric.
Pelecara wrote:There are REAL causes in the world to stand up for.
United Nations Declaration of Universal Human Rights wrote:Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.
Pelecara wrote:Now let me state that I agree wholeheartedly that people, regardless of colour, gender, religion, politics etc deserve to be treated as I wish to be treated by others but I wholeheartedly disagree with anyone that says gender doesn't exist. It's a dangerous road man.
That's an exceptional example of rhetorical weaseling, feigning respect and appealing to a distorted version of the golden rule, then clearly telling those not agreeing with your constipated ideal to bugger off, finisihing with an existential warning to your knob-equipped brethren.
Pelecara wrote:I wonder.....are you smart or book-smart?
A loaded question with obvious value semantics, positing the choices as mutually exclusive. I'm both.

You fucking wide cunts can nowt tell me to shut me mooth and git tae fuck.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

FFS this is a techno forum. I'm all for an open debate but behaviour like this isn't necessary. If you don't want to be around here pelecaras, then stay away. Not going to delete your account. Sorry. We'll leave it open just incase you want to redeem yourself one day!
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

jacksonick wrote:I've been called worse but the invite to Nottingham to get my head stoved in could do without.
Getting your head stoved in is the only way to make Nots more tolerable.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Mono-xID wrote:
Pelecaras wrote:
You know what? I couldn't give a flying shit about all this gender crap as it don't affect my daily life in slightest way.
Yes.

The only thing that can be slightly irritating is that we now, are more into categorizing things more then ever it seems. Things felt more open before when everyone was a person then suddenly everyone is tagged down to certain groups. I never understood that.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005