It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Author Message
 Post subject: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinion
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
Chernobyl
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 100
Seeing as how soundsystems can make or break the experience of techno at a club and/or festival; What are some rigs that are the best you've heard?

First ones that come to mind for me is the infamous Funktion 1 rig at the outside dekmantel mainstage in amsterdam. The clarity and punch was unreal...

Second is Fabrics room 1 system which i believe is Martin Audio... The mid and and high clarity give me an eargasm and the sub is super clean and punchy. The sub-sonic panels underneath the floor make for a really great experience with the sub vibrating your body.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:58 pm 
Offline
Perennial
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 2973
Location: Sweden
Three systems where I've been blown away.
A L'acoustic system that I tried to get the model number of (and did not succeed) and a big Void system and a big Renkuz Heinz rig.
I have not yet been fortunate enough to hear the Void Incubus.

_________________
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

UPPENBARA DETONATIONER (HPX95)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
Chernobyl
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 100
Mattias wrote:
Three systems where I've been blown away.
A L'acoustic system that I tried to get the model number of (and did not succeed) and a big Void system and a big Renkuz Heinz rig.
I have not yet been fortunate enough to hear the Void Incubus.


I experienced an L'acoustic system for the first time this year and was near enough blown away by it. The sound was so in your face but maintained clarity. Very impressive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
Opposite

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:10 pm
Posts: 77
Location: Berlin
Plastic People (rip)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:10 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:31 pm
Posts: 8802
Ratsounds rig.
It's entirely front facing boxes, no horns or anything.
Completely innefficient but it's like a huge fucking hifi.

My old partner has 120k of the new Void Incubus. Sounds utterly amazing.
The old rig in Bobby Centrum was set up well. Like a big hifi again, loud as fuck but complete clarity and it didn't fuck your ears.
I think is was D&B audio.

_________________
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
Latest Release
Live PA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
Interchangeable
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:31 pm
Posts: 8802
Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.

_________________
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
Latest Release
Live PA


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 pm 
Offline
Chernobyl
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 100
Lost to the Void wrote:
Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.


Need to experience the MoS rig. Heard amazing things about it. Would love to go if they booked something other than fucking out dated trance music...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 pm 
Offline
Perennial
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:19 pm
Posts: 2973
Location: Sweden
DB Audiotechnik is basically the only sound rig for live company sound that exists in Sweden these days, often sounds great. Never heard much electronic music through any system though but it's clear as day they deliver. The Q7s are very efficient, seriously impressive speaker. If I would have continued in that business I would have been forced to use that.

_________________
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

UPPENBARA DETONATIONER (HPX95)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:07 am 
Offline
arsehole

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:12 am
Posts: 303
Best i’ve heard have probably been funktion 1. Something about how the highs sound papery instead of metallic. The heaviest bass i’ve heard has been from Pk though. Btw the Hydra is booking some solid Sunday daytime sessions at MoS nowadays


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:44 am 
Offline
Chernobyl
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:04 pm
Posts: 100
terly wrote:
Best i’ve heard have probably been funktion 1. Something about how the highs sound papery instead of metallic. The heaviest bass i’ve heard has been from Pk though. Btw the Hydra is booking some solid Sunday daytime sessions at MoS nowadays


Yeah i saw some of the hydra line ups. Some good heads playing. But im not a fan of this daytime clubbing shit.

Clubbing UNTIL daytime is a different story.. But some 12pm till 11pm shit.. nah fuck that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
I Love YOU!!!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:36 am
Posts: 585
Location: Austria
Womb in Tokyo. Insanely powerful but also such a clear and clean sound


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
rescued
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:27 am
Posts: 72
Funktion 1 in berghain.
Some enormous Martin Sound on outdoor festival


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:58 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 pm
Posts: 24
Location: London
Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 pm
Posts: 24
Location: London
P0607r0n wrote:
Funktion 1 in berghain.
Some enormous Martin Sound on outdoor festival


Tried to get into Berhain when was in Berlin and got knocked back :-(

I unfortunately now just have it associated in the same part of my brain as when i was 16/17 queuing to get into clubs and getting knocked back by the bouncers all the time :cry: .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline
crud

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 80
Funktion One at Berghain. The sound system and the room gives an exceptional experience. Really liked the one at fabric, too. The one in the main room.

_________________


GSD - get sh*t done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline
rescued
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:27 am
Posts: 72
rmac wrote:
Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.

I would say my experience of their sound in electric Brixton was something I would call "decent". It certainly have some sweets spots, but it's not most evenly spread.
rmac wrote:
P0607r0n wrote:
Funktion 1 in berghain.
Some enormous Martin Sound on outdoor festival


Tried to get into Berhain when was in Berlin and got knocked back :-(

I unfortunately now just have it associated in the same part of my brain as when i was 16/17 queuing to get into clubs and getting knocked back by the bouncers all the time :cry: .

Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline
crud

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 80
P0607r0n wrote:
rmac wrote:
Was genuinely shocked when I tagged along with the GF to electric brixton for a festival afterparty, don't know anything about club speaker setups and I don't usually go there but the bass level and pressure was fantastic, even though it was tech house which is not normally my thing, the sound system made it very enjoyable. Could have been amplified by me being off my face though so will have to go back sober one time to confirm.

I would say my experience of their sound in electric Brixton was something I would call "decent". It certainly have some sweets spots, but it's not most evenly spread.
rmac wrote:
P0607r0n wrote:
Funktion 1 in berghain.
Some enormous Martin Sound on outdoor festival


Tried to get into Berhain when was in Berlin and got knocked back :-(

I unfortunately now just have it associated in the same part of my brain as when i was 16/17 queuing to get into clubs and getting knocked back by the bouncers all the time :cry: .

Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).


Apparently they decide whether you look like you enrich the party or you don't... Marquardt said in an interview once. And if you're too shitfaced.

_________________


GSD - get sh*t done.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 pm
Posts: 24
Location: London
P0607r0n wrote:
Sorry to hear that. I don't really get their door policy, though I was there twice and got in both of these times... It could be because of mine and my gf matching blue and red diy made nasa jumpsuits (most comfy clubbing gear).


Haha noted for next time I goto Berlin: - make a DIY jumpsuit.

Although the stories of guys in the toilets asking for you to piss in their mouth make me a bit :shock: , the all weekend techno would have been fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:30 pm 
Offline
Interact. Don't Spam.

Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:01 pm
Posts: 24
Location: London
SHIDZO wrote:

Apparently they decide whether you look like you enrich the party or you don't... Marquardt said in an interview once. And if you're too shitfaced.



So I either looked like a boring cunt or irritating tourist or both. Probably both tbh.....boring irritating tourist cunt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Best soundsystems you've heard in your non-humble opinio
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:34 pm 
Offline
Tragopan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:51 am
Posts: 1083
Location: Sheffield
Lost to the Void wrote:
Oh ministry of sounds bespoke Martin system is fucking stupendous.


This.

My friend used to be Head Of Production there. After the club nights ended, I'd just blast out my own shit for a while and see how it sounded :lol:

The sweet spot is just EVERYWHERE. It's unreal.

_________________
Mixes and ting

winston wrote:
their common goal seems to be to live in some bdsm-unicorn utopia


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lauren and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  



Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
skymiles v1.1 designed by CodeMiles Team -TemplatesDragon-.