Post by buffered »

Snabba Cash is great

Ben Kohonays
Quaint
Re: Netflix tips

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:07 am
Not sure I'd necessarily recommend it, but if you like bizarro shit this could be for you.

Skins

Part David Lynch, part cheesy spanish soap opera. Have fun.
I should maybe point out that I'm talking about the 2017 film, not the british teen drama, just in case it wasn't obvious. ;)
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:19 pm
Ben Kohonays wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:07 am
Not sure I'd necessarily recommend it, but if you like bizarro shit this could be for you.

Skins

Part David Lynch, part cheesy spanish soap opera. Have fun.
I should maybe point out that I'm talking about the 2017 film, not the british teen drama, just in case it wasn't obvious. ;)
Haha, I thought you were talking about the drama show, and was going "maybe I need to give it a chance" in my head :D

King of the Hill just became available in Denmark again - that's a gorgeous show

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Amøbe wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:39 pm
Haha, I thought you were talking about the drama show, and was going "maybe I need to give it a chance" in my head :D
I'm glad I pointed that out then. :D

I actually watched the series when it came out, it wasn't bad for it's time but there was a point in either the second or third season where they introduced a gruesome murder which was a complete tangent from the banter/party vibe they had established and I was just like Nah. They jumped the shark.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:09 am
Amøbe wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:39 pm
I'm glad I pointed that out then. :D

I actually watched the series when it came out, it wasn't bad for it's time but there was a point in either the second or third season where they introduced a gruesome murder which was a complete tangent from the banter/party vibe they had established and I was just like Nah. They jumped the shark.
Last time I saw it was on flow tv, so I only saw a few episodes here and there. This is the first time I'm taking it from the start, and thus far it's really lovely - I'll report back if I stumble upon shark jumpery :lol:

I also just love Mike judge - silicon valley is a crazy good satire on the tech industry

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Copenhagen Cowboy, Nicholas Winding Refn`s new series. It`s his take on superheroes.
I loved it, very lynchian, beautifully shot, unsettling, funny and weird.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:54 pm
Copenhagen Cowboy, Nicholas Winding Refn`s new series. It`s his take on superheroes.
I had a blast with it! And it was a lovely return for Zlatko buric to return to Danish productions!

I don't know if you have ever seen the Pusher trilogy, but Zlatko's performance in the first one is my favourite of any Danish actors

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Ozark
Altered Carbon
Peaky Blinders
Stranger Things
Narcos
The Last Of Us
The Sandman
Undercover
Dark
The Witcher
Disenchantment
The lives of others
The Laundromat

Documentaries:
El Pepe la vida simpre
The man who wanted to see it all
Cuba and the cameraman
Fantastic Fungi
Ancient Apocalypse
Chef's Table
Tiger King
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Amøbe wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:25 pm
Lost to the Void wrote:
I had a blast with it! And it was a lovely return for Zlatko buric to return to Danish productions!

I don't know if you have ever seen the Pusher trilogy, but Zlatko's performance in the first one is my favourite of any Danish actors
I`m a big Refn Fanboy,so yes.
I`m working on a live performance soundtrack to Valhalla Rising I`m hoping to play out, with the movie, this year.
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:48 pm
Amøbe wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

I`m a big Refn Fanboy,so yes.
I`m working on a live performance soundtrack to Valhalla Rising I`m hoping to play out, with the movie, this year.
That sounds amazing! I'd love to see that

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Been ill for the last three days and have started watching his dark materials. It's really great! I believe it's supposed to be for kids, but it's rather dark and violent so far

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Amøbe wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

I`m not sure how I missed it, but a mate recommended Too Old To Die Young, Winding Refn`s other series. It`s on Amazon, but holy crap it`s a ride worth going on.
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 2:34 pm
Amøbe wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

I`m not sure how I missed it, but a mate recommended Too Old To Die Young, Winding Refn`s other series. It`s on Amazon, but holy crap it`s a ride worth going on.
I heard about it, and it seems intriguing... but I already have soooo many streaming services already :cry:

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Again, not Netflix, but series 2 of Vox Machina on Amazon is really good, better than season 1. Plenty of humour, lots of violence, actual character development, pathos, emotionally dynamic. Not bad for something that began as some actors playing dungeons and dragons live on youtube.
New Shit

Divjak
slipper

Post by Divjak »

Watching Succession, writing is top notch hilarious! :lol:
Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds.