Netflix tips

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Netflix tips

Post by Lost to the Void »

Mr Robot is inenof the best TV series for a long time, for me.
But it's not Netflix it's amazon.

I recently went through Norsemen, which is a really funny series about Vikings.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, mr Robot was fucking awesome.
can't wait till the next season comes out
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

Lost to the Void wrote:Mr Robot is inenof the best TV series for a long time, for me.
But it's not Netflix it's amazon.

I recently went through Norsemen, which is a really funny series about Vikings.
Woops. Everything is cracked and pirated here including streaming so I watch everything on 1 website so I really couldn't know that. Great show anyways.
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Sorglos
Pig

Post by Sorglos »

I am surprised many people dislike the expanse. I really enjoyed the approach on more "realistic" scifi. I was pretty impressed by the idea spaceships speeding up 1/2 of the way, flipping and break for the rest of the way.
I actually liked it that much that I started to read the books.

Mr Robot I found quite enjoyable because it is quite authentic. Probably the most authentic approach on hacking in television

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Sorglos wrote:I am surprised many people dislike the expanse. I really enjoyed the approach on more "realistic" scifi. I was pretty impressed by the idea spaceships speeding up 1/2 of the way, flipping and break for the rest of the way.
I actually liked it that much that I started to read the books.

Mr Robot I found quite enjoyable because it is quite authentic. Probably the most authentic approach on hacking in television
I love the Expanse, semi-hard sci-fi with interesting world building. Series 2 really picks up as well.
I think it`s great sci fi
New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

FUCK YOU STEVE.

You could've warned me 'The expanse' is more addictive than crack.

I've not been online for a week, nor have I showered. Just binge watching.

It's brillant

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yeah it takes a while to build everything but it`s worth the journey.
I just want series 3 now
New Shit

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

willemb wrote:Wild Wild Country

Documentary with lots of sides, 6 hours of excitement and wonderment. About the Bhagwan settling in Oregon and building a commune, and getting attacked by the state... Some proper evil and some proper good, its a wild ride.
Seconded. It truly is quite a story, but I am also a sucker for this stuff.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Hades wrote:

Documentary with lots of sides, 6 hours of excitement and wonderment. About the Bhagwan settling in Oregon and building a commune, and getting attacked by the state... Some proper evil and some proper good, its a wild ride.
hah, was thinking about watching that one.
But too many of their documentaries have disappointed me in the last few months.

Really worth it ?
Trough 4 of the 6 episodes... this is a ride!

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

chava wrote:

Seconded. It truly is quite a story, but I am also a sucker for this stuff.
Yeah I saw that recently, really got into it. For about the first three episodes, I was kinda rooting for the Rajneeshies, but from the fourth episode things shifted drastically.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Sorglos
Pig

Post by Sorglos »

Currently watching A Series of Unfortunate Events. While I think it is a bit cheesy I found it watchable.

The expanse season three is coming in a week :) . Sadly I think it won't be available on EU Netflix till late summer

Vorlis
hunger marcher

Post by Vorlis »

Just finished the first season of Marcella. The story is formed around a dectevive who was working on an unsolved serial killer case in London. After years off, the murders start up again and she starts loosing her shit! Top stuff and highly recommended.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Altered Carbon was mentioned earlier, I thought that was great. Perfect? No, but good enough for me.

Also: the film 'Mute' is a lot more fucked up than the trailer leads you to believe.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

mute was weird.
I thought it was going to be some cyberpunk thing, but it was a really mundane story pointlessly set in a cyberpunk future.
I found the whole thing quite bland.
New Shit

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Yeah there were large portions that were quite boring, and it could have been set in all sorts of different scenarios. I think they chose a future setting to try and draw people in.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

I'm currently hooked on 'The Making Of A Murderer', it's a long-ass documentary with 10 hour long episodes about a guy called Steven Avery, who was jailed for 18 years for a crime he didn't commit, was exonerated through advances in forensic science, was about to bring a lawsuit to the tune of $36 million, then 3 weeks after the depositions of the police involved, he is arrested for murder.
There are so many angles to this thing, the plot twists and WTF? moments as the case builds and the court case takes place are absolutely compelling.
Also - there are some nasty evil fuckers in American (I'm sure elsewhere too) law enforcement and if you're not rich and intelligent it's easy for them to fuck you over.

Anyone interested in crime, or court cases, this is a must watch.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

damn, saw that one pass many times, but thought it was just another exaggerated, 1 hour story that got dragged into a whole series. thx for the tip.

I should be finishing Wild Wild Country any day now, and I really enjoyed watching that one.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

I do tend to find with these documentary 'series' that they could have been edited down a bit, but I would have still kept a good 7-8 hours of this one.

Note: if you google it there is a little controversy over the apparent bias of the film-makers, but regardless, it is very compelling and like Wild Wild Country has no narration to guide the viewer - just raw footage of events.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wild Wild Country was definitely worth the watch.

Started watching "Troy" with my kids yesterday...
(My oldest is called Helena, and very much deserves her name and holds up to her reputation...)
I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, the fighting is being kept to a very minimal level (and no gory details ever),
and the scenario stays true to the original myth for like 95% of the time...
Only thing that made me raise my eyebrows was the sudden need to inject Greek myths with political correctness,
but the fact that the actors are all great does totally make up for it...

no matter what : nice series.
I'm highly addicted to anything Greek, and I've loved the Greek myths since I was 10 years old,
but the series, from what I've seen till now (halfway through the 1st season), it's no doubt a good visual representation of the very old legendary tales...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

next one I just started watching yesterday : The Alienist

Perverted serial killer in London circa 1895.
Dark, twisted, trippy... and just straight down into the utter filth that they all had to deal with back then...

It's not up there at the same level of True Detective,
(1st season of course, who in their possibly right minds would ever even consider taking the 2nd season serious... :? :shock: :shock: )
but it does make me think it's a little like the Victorian version of True Detective, just a little...