Things I hate

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Things I hate

Post by Hades »

actually,
I know from my previous job that there is a by-product of steel production that we call "slak" in Dutch.
slak = snail in English.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

dcom
Poo Fingers

Post by dcom »

Planar wrote:I got it, mate, ending with wanker made it completely clear. I just like that picture and was looking for an excuse to use it, it sums up these Brexit times nicely. Wankers everywhere.
I could expand that sentence to a pseudoscientific article titled "Tehcnological Reductionism as Authenticity Simulacra: A Dialectical Inquiry" and send it out to as many academic journals as possible for peer review and publication as sociomusicological research. Alan Sokal got random nonsense published through peer review in several journals, so I'm confident my rhetorical skullduggery would at least produce a resepectable amount of WTFs per minute in peer review. If successful the hoax would be revealed along with the motivation behind it: "I hate pretentious wankers."
Technostructuralist.SoundCloudDiscogs

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

jordanneke wrote:
vldslv wrote: And folding t shirts ....
Wash them gentle cycle, lots of fabric softener, easy spin and leave them on the hangar. Job solved.
And set the alarm clock right on time that you can get them out and hang them up immediately...

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

I don't hate. Hate is a feeling and I don't have any.

Just kidding...

I hate the fact that I can't live in Australia.
I hate fucking Germans and the fucked up German society.
I hate that I can't have a dog.

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

dcom wrote:
Planar wrote:I got it, mate, ending with wanker made it completely clear. I just like that picture and was looking for an excuse to use it, it sums up these Brexit times nicely. Wankers everywhere.
I could expand that sentence to a pseudoscientific article titled "Tehcnological Reductionism as Authenticity Simulacra: A Dialectical Inquiry" and send it out to as many academic journals as possible for peer review and publication as sociomusicological research. Alan Sokal got random nonsense published through peer review in several journals, so I'm confident my rhetorical skullduggery would at least produce a resepectable amount of WTFs per minute in peer review. If successful the hoax would be revealed along with the motivation behind it: "I hate pretentious wankers."
The Sokal Hoax was complete bullshit, he got published in a no-name journal that told him that his text is shit and basically only published him for the publicity because he was famous academic submitting a text to their little-known journal.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate how they gotta use color filters and saturation pretty much everywhere nowadays.
Of course it adds a certain extra atmosphere to stuff, no doubt,
but if you start using it in every god damn film or series,
and you're over doing 90% of the time,
it just gets annoying as fuck. :|

I was briefly watching something yesterday because my oldest was watching it.
Some love story/Robert Pattinson hair commercial disguised as a vampire story...
Half of the shots, if not more were like only blue/grayish colors...
50 shades of fucking grey all right... :?

It makes you nostalgic to the Technicolor days or something... :)
Or even black 'n white films with soft focus... :D

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

I hate it how when they have some shot in a film or tv series that includes a baby,
they always seem to use the same 4 or 5 samples.
(you can even notice the same time intervals between the samples playing)
And there's almost never any bloody automation in it anywhere.
Not in pitch, not in volume, not in length,...
And you can sure as fuck forget about realistic reverb attached to the samples !
Whether it's a junkie mother with sibling in some abandoned subway station or a non that just gave birth to the local bishop's love child in some medieval cathedral, the reverb on the crying baby samples is just all the same.
What are we ? 1985 ? :shock: :shock: :?

I can assure you that when I was a younger breeder,
I was perfectly able to tell when one of my poor girls (that ended up having me as a father) was crying,
even if this happened in the company of many other babies yelling for totally undeserved attention,
I was still somehow able to tell if the highly annoying sound came from my own offspring or not...

That's when I usually knew it was just the right moment to dip their pacifier in whiskey and a little MDMA,
put in my professional earplugs, and leave the rest to the mrs after she went to grab me another beer or two...

Fact : Only thing original about the sound of a real life crying baby is the proper automation in the audio output... :lol:

Honestly though, is it really that expensive to just mildly torture some real life babies for a day or five and then sample the sounds ?
This way we can build a proper sample library that we could use and abuse for countless years to come !

Unfortunately, my girls are already to old for that shit, but I'm fairly sure some of our more younger members are aspiring techno DJ's/producers here who have a GF or mrs that have been secretly dreaming about starting a family any time now.
Why not combine the emotional with the practical, and give in to their naïve hopes and dreams while getting ourselves a unique chance to build our own decent original sample library ?
My inbox gets spammed on a daily basis with new sample libraries that are about as interesting as watching paint dry... So surely there must be a market for these types of sounds ?
It's time for you young aspiring fathers to put one in for the sound design team ! ;)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

SHIDZO wrote:I don't hate. Hate is a feeling and I don't have any.

Just kidding...

Well, I think we Germans aren't more or less fucked up than any other western society. I hate mankind in general.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Hades wrote:I hate it how when they have some shot in a film or tv series that includes a baby,
they always seem to use the same 4 or 5 samples.
(you can even notice the same time intervals between the samples playing)
And there's almost never any bloody automation in it anywhere.
Not in pitch, not in volume, not in length,...
And you can sure as fuck forget about realistic reverb attached to the samples !
Whether it's a junkie mother with sibling in some abandoned subway station or a non that just gave birth to the local bishop's love child in some medieval cathedral, the reverb on the crying baby samples is just all the same.
What are we ? 1985 ? :shock: :shock: :?

I can assure you that when I was a younger breeder,
I was perfectly able to tell when one of my poor girls (that ended up having me as a father) was crying,
even if this happened in the company of many other babies yelling for totally undeserved attention,
I was still somehow able to tell if the highly annoying sound came from my own offspring or not...

That's when I usually knew it was just the right moment to dip their pacifier in whiskey and a little MDMA,
put in my professional earplugs, and leave the rest to the mrs after she went to grab me another beer or two...

Fact : Only thing original about the sound of a real life crying baby is the proper automation in the audio output... :lol:

Honestly though, is it really that expensive to just mildly torture some real life babies for a day or five and then sample the sounds ?
This way we can build a proper sample library that we could use and abuse for countless years to come !

Unfortunately, my girls are already to old for that shit, but I'm fairly sure some of our more younger members are aspiring techno DJ's/producers here who have a GF or mrs that have been secretly dreaming about starting a family any time now.
Why not combine the emotional with the practical, and give in to their naïve hopes and dreams while getting ourselves a unique chance to build our own decent original sample library ?
My inbox gets spammed on a daily basis with new sample libraries that are about as interesting as watching paint dry... So surely there must be a market for these types of sounds ?
It's time for you young aspiring fathers to put one in for the sound design team ! ;)
Could put a few more "opening a door" samples in there, too. As far as I know there is only one sample out there which they use over and over again. I'm sure you all know the one.

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Mono-xID wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:I don't hate. Hate is a feeling and I don't have any.

Just kidding...

Well, I think we Germans aren't more or less fucked up than any other western society. I hate mankind in general.
Hope that didn't sound super racist, I'm a Kartoffel, too ;) You're probably right though, but I haven't lived in another European country for long enough. I find English people a lot less annoying than Germans though. They are less miserable and way friendlier or at least pretend to. And they know how to fucking queue up for the public transport.

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Hmmm. I agree to a certain degree. Maybe that explains why my best mate is an 40 years old East London cunt.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SHIDZO wrote: Could put a few more "opening a door" samples in there, too. As far as I know there is only one sample out there which they use over and over again. I'm sure you all know the one.
it's probably the one that was already in the General Midi SFX samples (birds, gunshot, helicopter,...).
For those not old enough to have ever heard them : they're a horribly cheap set of sounds made in the 80's to be included on many romplers at the time. You can still find them on some machines.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SHIDZO wrote: Hope that didn't sound super racist, I'm a Kartoffel, too ;) You're probably right though, but I haven't lived in another European country for long enough. I find English people a lot less annoying than Germans though. They are less miserable and way friendlier or at least pretend to. And they know how to fucking queue up for the public transport.
Hey, you're a German, you're allowed to hate Germans if you want to.
I married a German, my kids are fucking half German,
so I'm allowed to make fun of the Germans. :)

I think you do have a good point about the Germans having a thing with being miserable.
Looking depressed and complaining was something I witnessed a lot as well when I lived there.
But there are many even far worse.
Take Russians... always melancholic, and always total drama for everything...
And the British are more polite in general, but when they get drunk, they do become a horrible sight.
And they sure know how to get terribly drunk.
They officially even take the highest amount of drugs per person in Europe when they take drugs.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Hades wrote: They officially even take the highest amount of drugs per person in Europe when they take drugs.
You say that like it`s a bad thing.
Personally it makes me feel just a little bit proud.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Hades wrote: They officially even take the highest amount of drugs per person in Europe when they take drugs.
:lol: :lol:

hey, I have no problems with that,
but it does make the risk to overdosing a lot higher,
and that's apparently a regular risk, according to medical workers.

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Hades wrote:1. I hate most people,
and the fact that they all seem happy with stuff designed to fit the greatest common denominator.

2. I hate political correctness, and how people are all afraid to be politically incorrect nowadays.

3. I hate intellectual laziness, most people are stupid because they choose to stay stupid. Enough information out there nowadays, so if you want to be stupid, it's because you're lazy.
This, mr., is worth a cookie.

But for me it is more sadness than hate. People are blinded - thats making them lazy and stupid.
What i hate, is the fact that nobody is THINKING.
Life could be easy if not most of people would not be an egoistic, non-thinking, consuming, lemming-like jerk.

But thats life i guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dCq9ps78M
over.

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Yeah! :mrgreen:
over.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rabbit wrote:
Hades wrote:1. I hate most people,
and the fact that they all seem happy with stuff designed to fit the greatest common denominator.

2. I hate political correctness, and how people are all afraid to be politically incorrect nowadays.

3. I hate intellectual laziness, most people are stupid because they choose to stay stupid. Enough information out there nowadays, so if you want to be stupid, it's because you're lazy.
This, mr., is worth a cookie.

But for me it is more sadness than hate. People are blinded - thats making them lazy and stupid.
What i hate, is the fact that nobody is THINKING.
Life could be easy if not most of people would not be an egoistic, non-thinking, consuming, lemming-like jerk.

But thats life i guess.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-dCq9ps78M
You sir, you are a god damn intellectual lazy cunt who refuses to put a youtube video in his post the right way. Thank god you got me, a highly intellectually developed, but somehow always underrated, yet extremely sophisticated but modest to the bone übermensch, showing you the way...
it's the part after the v= thingy,
so in this case :
u-dCq9ps78M

youtu.be/u-dCq9ps78M

and thank you for putting a big smile on my face, thou cunt ! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

you are right though, I don't think "hate" is the word either,
all of this shit makes me far more sad than having me get "hate" feelings of any kind.

And yeah, problem is people just don't want to think.
But I guess that's exactly what the people in charge want us to be like :
"Golly, by all means, let's not make them think too much,
surely there must be a way to make lobotomies fashionable ?
And when was the last time they properly hated each other ?
Last Tuesday already ? Ow my, better stir things up again right after breakfast !!
What if we raise questions about the male football league not having enough women in there,
that'll work !!! And then later on we can call the women's league a bunch of sexist cunts.
All these endless options..."

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Hades wrote:you are right though, I don't think "hate" is the word either,
all of this shit makes me far more sad than having me get "hate" feelings of any kind.

And yeah, problem is people just don't want to think.
But I guess that's exactly what the people in charge want us to be like :
"Golly, by all means, let's not make them think too much,
surely there must be a way to make lobotomies fashionable ?
And when was the last time they properly hated each other ?
Last Tuesday already ? Ow my, better stir things up again right after breakfast !!
What if we raise questions about the male football league not having enough women in there,
that'll work !!! And then later on we can call the women's league a bunch of sexist cunts.
All these endless options..."
Just one word:
yep.

and the most "recent" obvious tool for blending & controlling: alexa & stuff like smart home.
hey man..that is making our live so much easier..
:roll:

anyway.

"hate" btw., is strongly related to "love".
that means, if we hate something, at the same time there is love somewhere for the things we hate.
otherwise we wouldn't bother.
over.