Black hooded robes and techno: not just for men!

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Black hooded robes and techno: not just for men!

Post by Hades »

ssssshhhh, don't tell my mrs about that !!
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

or she might make me take those things till kingdom come... :shock: :?

Will Frances
Gnasher

Post by Will Frances »

kostas wrote:So i m wasted on 3 pm and listening to a freaking puppet explaining me techniques and shit!

ha haha haha

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

you should better watch some of the tutorials I gave you Kostas ;)

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Lost to the Void wrote:Image
I pop four of these on a daily basis!!!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

only four ?
surely you must still feel something !
perhaps you might even still be able to have a clear thought from time to time... :shock:
better keep those entirely to yourself !!

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

Hades wrote:you should better watch some of the tutorials I gave you Kostas ;)
I ve already sucked every frame of it !! fuck that sounded weird!
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

kostas
Opposite

Post by kostas »

let me see ..hm here you are!
Attachments
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (3.86 KiB) Viewed 859 times
''We all have the equal amount of now. Got it? ... now go and make some good techno.''

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

Hades wrote:only four ?
perhaps you might even still be able to have a clear thought from time to time... :shock:
For having clear thoughts Xanax is my little helper....
Attachments
http://i.imgur.com/c2jCMqD.gif
http://i.imgur.com/c2jCMqD.gif
c2jCMqD.gif (1.89 MiB) Viewed 849 times

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

collide wrote:
Not exactly useful information, but xanax wasn't used (in neither the film nor book) in American Psycho, however Haloperidol and diazepam were. If anyone hasn't read the actual novel I highly recommend it, although it is a damn intense read.

Pagan
Exampleless

Post by Pagan »

No idea when techno folks started giving a fuck about what someone else is wearing.
SFBM wrote:Not exactly useful information, but xanax wasn't used (in neither the film nor book) in American Psycho, however Haloperidol and diazepam were. If anyone hasn't read the actual novel I highly recommend it, although it is a damn intense read.
I honestly think it's one of the masterpieces of literature. His other books are ok, but don't quite reach the insane, looping poetry of American Psycho. Haven't seen the film, the book is basically undoable as a movie.

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

Pagan wrote:No idea when techno folks started giving a fuck about what someone else is wearing.
SFBM wrote:Not exactly useful information, but xanax wasn't used (in neither the film nor book) in American Psycho, however Haloperidol and diazepam were. If anyone hasn't read the actual novel I highly recommend it, although it is a damn intense read.
I honestly think it's one of the masterpieces of literature. His other books are ok, but don't quite reach the insane, looping poetry of American Psycho. Haven't seen the film, the book is basically undoable as a movie.
I saw the film several times before ever seeing the movie, myself. The book wasn't that readily available here (Australia) and I needed to order it in via a local bookshop, and was surprised when it arrived shrink wrapped and rated R18+, but after actually reading it, it makes a huge amount of sense why. I've not read any of Bret Easton Ellis' other works, I've had one recommended to me by a friend, but I've forgotten what that was. It definitely is an amazing book, I wouldn't call it a masterpiece compared to other works, though, but it's a super powerful novel.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote: If anyone hasn't read the actual novel I highly recommend it, although it is a damn intense read.
for intense read experiences, try :

1. "The End of Alice" A. M. Homes. (see if you can stomach that one, especially at the end)
2. "Revolutionary Road" Richard Yates, or any other book from him tbh, but this one really is like a massive fist up your stomach or even balls, it makes you question everything you ever did or especially did not do in your life.
3. "In Cold Blood" Truman Capote. The book literally mentally destroyed him ever since he wrote it. It's about such a random faits divers drama that when reading about it, you'd never feel inclined to read the book, but the way he dug into that story, and how he wrote about all characters involved... It's a book that gets under your skin forever !!
4. Anything, and I mean anything by Jon McGregor. This is an extremely talented writer, and all of his books are just marvelous. But, again, all of them are an intense read !!
Start with "if nobody speaks of remarkable things", (horribly cheesy title btw), but to me his masterpiece is still "so many ways to begin"
5. "The Age Of Innocence" by Edith Wharton. (the film was actually pretty good, but of course the novel is better)

I've read Bret Easton Ellis,
good stuff, absolutely, but in my opinion not even half a damn intense read as the books/writers I just mentioned above.

But of course, to each his own and all that jazz... ;) ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

and yes, I steal track titles from books that I read and loved.
all the time. :) ;)

P0607r0n
Metric Martyr

Post by P0607r0n »

SFBM wrote:
collide wrote:
Not exactly useful information, but xanax wasn't used (in neither the film nor book) in American Psycho, however Haloperidol and diazepam were. If anyone hasn't read the actual novel I highly recommend it, although it is a damn intense read.
I remeber it was really hard to get through all descriptions of fancy clothes, and perfumes. Apart from that, it was definitely a good read.
I don't know how you classify an "intense" book, but those might fit in some brackets:
Anything from H.P Lovecraft
"Post office" Charles Bukowski
... uhm, "kamasutra"?
:roll:

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

SFBM wrote:
collide wrote:
I'm very sorry I've read the german version of the book.
Buy it and read it in german if you can and you'll see Xanax Xanax Xanax.

Below Zero and Glamorama are great, too.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

P0607r0n wrote: "Post office" Charles Bukowski
:
read it, got the book in my library,
hilarious stuff, but definitely not what I call an intense read :)

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

P0607r0n wrote:
I remeber it was really hard to get through all descriptions of fancy clothes, and perfumes. Apart from that, it was definitely a good read.
I don't know how you classify an "intense" book, but those might fit in some brackets:
Anything from H.P Lovecraft
"Post office" Charles Bukowski
... uhm, "kamasutra"?
:roll:
Intense in subject content and the sheer bluntness of the violent imagery inside.

Have yet to read any Bukowski, I've read a bit of William S Burroughs though (who was a contemporary of Bukowski, I think).

I'm currently reading the complete works of Kafka and Camus, so my fiction and literary tastes change quite a bit lol

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I've got most of Buks books. Factotum is probably better than Post Office, but it's his poetry that really elevates.
The days run away like wild horses over the hills is one of his best poetry books.
They are all great though. Profound poetry from the gutter.

It's hard to get more intense than Burroughs for sheer mind bending. I have a rather large collection of Burroughs works.

Beckett can be very dense and intense. His stuff really drills in to the human condition.
All Strange Away is concentrated despair and loneliness like you will never read anywhere else. He's a legend for a reason.

I read Ghost Walker by Ian MacKenzie Jeffers recently. The Liam Neeson film The Grey, was based on it. The book is sparse and extremely dark. A very blunt and punishing novella about death, survival, futility. It really knocked the shit out of me.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

The last book I couldn't finish was Antony Beevor's account of WWII.

I got to the killling of the Jews chapter, and after a page or so, I couldn't continue.