T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancists

General Chat // Music Discussion
winston
unsure
T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancists

Post by winston »

be careful about who you are seen with, you are only a careless whisper away from a Watchlist Compiled by the Righteous.

First they came for Funk D'void, but i said nothing because I hadn't bought his music since Diabla...
You know how the rest goes.

https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=39606
from RA
The Glasgow artist's online store includes merchandise of Gavin McInnes's far-right organisation.

The Berlin nightclub Salon Zur Wilden Renate has cancelled a forthcoming Funk D'Void gig because of the Glasgow artist's links to Proud Boys.

The Scottish artist, AKA Lars Sandberg, has been censured for stocking Proud Boys-branded apparel on his online shop. Proud Boys is a right-wing organisation that was started in 2016 by Gavin McInnes, the cofounder of Vice Magazine. It describes itself as "a pro-Western fraternal organisation" for men that's anti-feminist and anti-Islam.

"For tonight's event, The House Of Red Doors, we had booked Funk D'Void to play," Renate's statement reads. "It has been brought to our attention that through his online channels, Funk D'Void has connections to the far-right activist Gavin McInnes and his organisation Proud Boys, who are promoting extreme right-wing values. These values are the opposite of what Renate stands for: inclusiveness, love, compassion, racial and gender equality. Any kind of racism or sexism will not be tolerated at Wilde Renate. We therefore decided to cancel the booking, of course the party will go on as planned. Love for all."

Sandberg provided Resident Advisor with a statement that reads: "I'm mates with Gavin and I work designing merchandise for the show. That's it. I'm actually more disappointed that I can't play at the party in Berlin tonight because I had a wicked costume set out and some old school electro-techno prepared for my four-hour set!"

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY
Re: T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancis

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Dam them snowflakes and SJW's, standing up against the normalisation of bigotry.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

The real pity here is that he didn't get to show everyone the wicked costume that he was going to wear.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Lars is a nice guy, imo he shouldn't of been promoting that alt-right crap. Its pretty much indefensible.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

& now everyone knows, will they boycott Vice? Erm.. no.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Alume
Confetti

Post by Alume »

Where is my subsekt tshirt? Ive got like 2k posts. C'mon!

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

That hasn't been set up for a 2k post count. Apologies :(

Meanwhile in a parallel universe.. We're too racist, homophobic, Non-PC, sexist & whatever else you wanna pile on. No-one will print them for us :mrgreen:

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

[wesellboxes] wrote:Dam them snowflakes and SJW's, standing up against the normalisation of bigotry.
FUCK SJWs!!!! They're more intolerant than the fucking right.

I think people should be able to wear what they want, eat what they want, fuck who they want and most importantly....say what they fucking want and if it offends someone, fuck 'em!!!!
FUCK-WIT

terly
arsehole

Post by terly »

Pelecaras wrote:
[wesellboxes] wrote:Dam them snowflakes and SJW's, standing up against the normalisation of bigotry.

I think people should be able to wear what they want, eat what they want, fuck who they want and most importantly....say what they fucking want and if it offends someone, fuck 'em!!!!
So you'd argue that spreading hate should be legal? And accepted as "just an opinion" by everyone? No repercussions for espousing any view at all?

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Pelecaras wrote:say what they fucking want and if it offends someone, fuck 'em!!!!
I agree, all political correctness has achieved is to force bigots to cloak their inherent racism behind more creative language. People should get out there and use the n-word in everyday public settings as much as possible. The revoke on the ban on Christmas depends on it.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Críoch wrote: Meanwhile in a parallel universe.. We're too racist, homophobic, Non-PC, sexist & whatever else you wanna pile on. No-one will print them for us :mrgreen:
Didn't you mean Apparel universe?
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

^^^^^^^ THE WINNER

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
Pelecaras wrote:say what they fucking want and if it offends someone, fuck 'em!!!!
I agree, all political correctness has achieved is to force bigots to cloak their inherent racism behind more creative language. People should get out there and use the n-word in everyday public settings as much as possible. The revoke on the ban on Christmas depends on it.
There you go....point proved.
I espoused true freedom and I'm attacked for it.
Seems some people are comfortable in their cage.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

terly wrote:
Pelecaras wrote:

So you'd argue that spreading hate should be legal? And accepted as "just an opinion" by everyone? No repercussions for espousing any view at all?
Exactly. Until someone is physically hurt then it's just sticks and stones.
I'd expect most decent people not to spread hate and if someone does I defend their right to say it even if I don't agree with it.
FUCK-WIT

Pelecaras
Lifer

Post by Pelecaras »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
your sarcasm has my sides splitting....I'm bereft of ribs.
FUCK-WIT

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Lars is playing the victim too.
With a dash of whatabout-ism on top

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

He chose the wrong scene, I think synth wave is currently blowing up (or it has been for a while, but who cares) in the right wing community. And as an added bonus he could probably rake in the cash there too, with his side business.

Tbh I don't think anyone is going to miss him, judging by his bland output.
how far do you want to go

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Críoch wrote:^^^^^^^ THE WINNER
man i must of still been drunk when i woke up to get that accolade :D
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I think if techno is truly to be about equality then we need a more balanced representation.
So that means more right wingers, neo nazis, racists, bigots, homophobes and lgbt-o-phobes.
The techno scene is vastly under represented here. I mean, we've let the birds behind the decks now, and that's mostly stopped them moaning on and on and on, so now we need some more bigots etc, it's only fair.
It's all about equality innit.

So yeah if Funk DeFunct wants to support bigots, that's all good, stop whining and get with the program.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

[Ø]
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by [Ø] »

Absofuckinglutely