T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancists

General Chat // Music Discussion
[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY
Re: T-Shirt merchant barred from playing music by Tolerancis

Post by [wesellboxes] »

wayfinder wrote:I largely disagree with the people who tend to get no-platformed
<snip>

The most articulate yet concise thoughts on this subject and agree 100%. Great post.

Should health care be largely state owned or a mixture of state and private sector? Are grammar schools elitist or do they allow gifted children the platform to develop further than they would ordinarily? These are left/right wing debates I'm happy to have all day and would never prevent a view different from mine being heard.

Outright, venomous hate and lies has no place in society and I've no desire to change the minds of either the perpetrators or those that believe this shit. If you're in a shitty low paid job, or have not job, and blame people you've never met on the basis of their culture for your woes, fuck you, off you go and be manipulated by sociopaths for their own ends.

I get the point that perhaps letting the world see people for the clowns they are weakens them, but it's not working out like that is it? Look at the reach Britain First or the EDL have online and in our media. Even the impact shitty meme's like Pepe has. It normalizes the argument to the point we have MP's being stabbed to death in the street.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

The further back you go, the more and more unfathomable it becomes for a BNP, NF or C18 member to stab an actual sitting member of parliament. Or drive from Wales to London just to ram a van into a mosque.

Your example is commendable and reinstates the general faith in human kind but the fact a guy felt strong enough to pipe up in public, where he necessarily may not have done a few years back, again proves my point of what happens when things go unchecked.

I'm not arguing for legislation as such but this divisive, derision that the UK has been subject to for the last number of years has created a change for the worse.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Around here there has always been racial tension. I live in a very historically poor part of London (our house was built in the becontree estate, look it up, it was the homes for heroes program to rehouse people from the slum tennements of the east end and those returned from WW1, in the late 1920s) when the first boat from Jamaica brought immigrants in the 1950s, the famous HMS windrush, it landed at Tilbury docks, near here, and a lot of them were housed here. And racial tension between the poor white working class and the new cheap black labour force from the west indies began there.
Of course the west indies immigrants have fully integrated now, generations later, and are embraced here in East London. Now the attention is on the "fucking mussies" but none of this is new. The media is just hypersensationalising everything to make it look like racists are marching the streets on every corner.
We've seen racial tension come and go here in London town, but eventually it all works out. Humans are naturally xenophobic, it's an ingrained tribal DNA thing.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

HowieRis wrote: I think even stupid people deserve to witness a balanced public debate, it's the best way to address the feelings you mentioned in a way that is good for society. Attempting to engineer the diet of what people see and hear to make sure they have the correct opinions feels very authoritarian and breeds terrible resentment.

First off, these people are usually not at all susceptible to common sense/'balanced debate', the problem lies in the gathering of like minded people, who don't care about whether their arguments have any base in reality. They cling on to every shred of information that could possibly support their case, so what's your plan then? Gather a group of 'believers' and get the shit kicked out of you at a right wing rally (or even a SJW gathering for that matter)? Because that's more likely than the scenario where they interrupt their circle jerk to have a cup of tea with you while you explain why everyone should love one another... All they want to do is amplify each others hate. With this type of thing it doesn't matter one bit what they believe in, what comes out is always a fucked up, rotten mess.

And to call supporting some form of restraint authoritarian is a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Pretty extreme to say that having any boundaries equates to controlling anything and everything that goes on in peoples lives. Anti-fascism is also anti-authoritarian, and what was their goal again? I think it had something to do with disrupting the spreading of right wing propaganda, correct me if I'm wrong though.

It's not really a matter of whether we should allow these people their opinions, when you make it illegal they'll just imply things and let you fill in the blanks so everyone will still know exactly what they mean. But the reason some rules need to exist is because people need these boundaries, or they will shift altogether and what used to be unthinkable becomes the new status quo. While anti discrimination laws are largely symbolic something needs to be in place to keep these goons in check, as history (and a shitload of social studies) has hopefully taught us by now.
how far do you want to go

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Fascism must be fought and resisted at every opportunity.

All these racist cunts and bigots trying to normalise it by calling it "diversity of ideas" can fuck right off.

I have zero mercy for neo-nazis, I have and will batter them if they cross my path.

Thats just the stone cold facts.

www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

msl wrote:Fascism must be fought and resisted at every opportunity.

All these racist cunts and bigots trying to normalise it by calling it "diversity of ideas" can fuck right off.

I have zero mercy for neo-nazis, I have and will batter them if they cross my path.

Amen Brother...

Did that in my youth, do this today and will continue to do so... Take a stand !!!
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

Huck Farper
Alf Garnett

Post by Huck Farper »

Mono-xID wrote:
msl wrote:Fascism must be fought and resisted at every opportunity.

Amen Brother...

Did that in my youth, do this today and will continue to do so... Take a stand !!!
Number of Nazi's battered by both, combined = Zero :)

Just a guess

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

Pfff. You have no fuckin' clue Mr. Harper. Growing up in the 90's in east Germany was carnage.

There were times where me and the boys had fights with boneheads on a daily basis as they tried to destroy our squat (the only one in my county btw). Living up there felt like living in Gaul surrounded by the Romans.
http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths