Why don't girls like techno?

General Chat // Music Discussion
td3l
reverse genius
Re: Why don't girls like techno?

Post by td3l »

Probably because we still have dudes like Boris B. (Conforce) and Konstantin publicly running their mouths with sexist shit.

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Lost to the Void wrote:Rape, for example (again, not arguing for it) biologically is pretty normal. Grab female, fuck female. All, well... most, men, have that in them, it`s in their nuts pulsing at their brains, "look at that....fuck it fuck it fuck it" of course the majority of us don`t do it, because we are conditioned away from it, but it`s a natural urge.
Sorry, but your over simplifications are very wide off the mark here. Rape is a crime of violence, not biological procreation, and far from a natural urge. Also, saying all men are rapists and it's only conditioning that prevents most from acting on it, is the very strain of "feminism" you seem to deride in another post.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Rape, for example (again, not arguing for it) biologically is pretty normal. Grab female, fuck female. All, well... most, men, have that in them, it`s in their nuts pulsing at their brains, "look at that....fuck it fuck it fuck it" of course the majority of us don`t do it, because we are conditioned away from it, but it`s a natural urge.
Sorry, but your over simplifications are very wide off the mark here. Rape is a crime of violence, not biological procreation, and far from a natural urge. Also, saying all men are rapists and it's only conditioning that prevents most from acting on it, is the very strain of "feminism" you seem to deride in another post.
Yeah, and bare the odd 'raskol' gang member in morally bankrupt Papua New Guinea rape doesn't give you many respect points from your male peers. Rapists in prisons are rarely held in high regard, contrary to a lot of other criminals.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

td3l wrote:
Probably because we still have dudes like Boris B. (Conforce) and Konstantin publicly running their mouths with sexist shit.
I doubt that has any impact at all.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

Lost to the Void wrote:Sort of off topic

Though it does go on to say that we can overcome this probably, by also eliminating violence in our behaviour as a species.
Which is a wonderful dream, one that I fear will probably only be eliminated completely through genetics/eugenics
Can't see that happen. I mean there's hardly a gene for malevolence, right? The capacity for violence is necessary to survive. What to do when the evil aliens land?

The_G
Artificial Hazard

Post by The_G »

Probably worth noting that there's a difference between saying "biology matters" and "biology is all that matters." Humans broke out of their biological niche as soon as they figured out agriculture and large settlements, if not earlier. Biology remains an important factor for understanding human behavior, but a lot of the stuff people assume is biological is either demonstrably not, or is so wrapped up with long-term, deeply institutionalized modes of social conditioning that you can't disentangle the two.

You can see both among kids at a school, or at a playground. There are general behavioral differences between boys and girls that aren't easily reducible to environment and conditioning, but then 90% of "boy stuff/girl stuff" is just the parents, teachers and peers teaching them to act that way. My daughter's friend (a boy) loved the movie Frozen until he got teased for it at school. Now he gets super mad whenever my daughter, or any other girl, asks him to play or watch something coded as "girl stuff." My daughter loves dinosaurs and zombies and all kinds of stuff coded as "boy stuff." Soooooooo much gendering has little to do with biology and everything to do with people conditioning people to play certain roles, and not others. And it starts very young.

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

The_G wrote: ..but then 90% of "boy stuff/girl stuff" is just the parents, teachers and peers teaching them to act that way. Soooooooo much gendering has little to do with biology and everything to do with people conditioning people to play certain roles, and not others. And it starts very young.
So you're saying homosexuality is 90% social conditioning?

Mattias
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mattias »

Good topic, good reading.

Oh and testosterone doesn't have shit to do with aggressive behavior, it only enhances it if it exists down there already.
Music Page: http://www.facebook.com/Mattias.Fridell.Music
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/fridell
Sample packs: http://mfsamples.bandcamp.com

Contention / 005

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

td3l wrote:
For reals?? I am bitterly disappointed to read that about Conforce. I have mad love for his work.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

[wesellboxes] wrote:
I didn't exactly say that men are rapists, I said we all have that fuck everything drive, but we don't act on it. Rape is common in the animal world, especially with intelligent apes as was shown in the research I quoted. Again if you read what I said I am clearly not advocating violence or rape. Yes it is a violent act, violence is inherent to us. Humans are a very violent species. I'm not fucking justifying rape. Nor do I justify murder which comes quite naturally to our species.
This is where feminism comes from right? Males have remained dominant throughout history in pure percentages, but as society has evolved, along with reason and ethics (and morality to a lesser extent) and we have moved away from our primal lives towards our new lives with rules and laws and education the females of the species have demanded, taken and been given more equality.
And they had to pretty much fight for it every step of the way because the males want to retain dominance.
And now here we are. The increments for change have gotten smaller and in some cases the fight has become scattered and misdirected.
And out of someone that is the new phenomenon of the emasculated male, which is something else fairly interesting.

But don't misread and instantly assume I'm taking some right wing anti equality stance, at no point have I argued for that.

I'm merely talking about the inherent differences between man and woman.

Here is something else interesting.
The cognitive differences between men and women.

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spring ... erent.html#
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

chava wrote:. What to do when the evil aliens land?
Form a drum circle and greet them with a unified
"Namaste fellow sentient beings, come sit, we have chai, and sun flower will braid your hair\tentacles\proboscis"
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

The_G wrote:, but then 90% of "boy stuff/girl stuff" is just the parents, teachers and peers teaching them to act that way.
Bit of a drawn from the neither figure that though ey
Neuroscience is still working out how much effect inherent cognitive and structural differences in male and female brains effects behaviours overall.
Could be less than that number, could be more.
New Shit

[wesellboxes]
Q33 NY

Post by [wesellboxes] »

Lost to the Void wrote:Again if you read what I said I am clearly not advocating violence or rape.
I know you're not, which is why we're able to have a civil discussion about this :)
Lost to the Void wrote:Rape is common in the animal world, especially with intelligent apes as was shown in the research I quoted.
I would disagree. Sure there are apparent brutal mating habits in some species but to classify them as rape, then I would argue that they animals would need to be both sentient and have a moral compass for it to be so. I know the counter to this is "Well, Ted Bundy only did what was natural to him" so I guess the point I'm making is "Why do mean rape?" is obviously a lot, lot deeper than just man's chemical (im)balance to procreate or have sex for pleasure.
Lost to the Void wrote:But don't misread and instantly assume I'm taking some right wing anti equality stance, at no point have I argued for that.
You're fine, I haven't thought that in the slightest and generally get the points your are making.

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

StacieAnne wrote:
td3l wrote:
For reals?? I am bitterly disappointed to read that about Conforce. I have mad love for his work.
Keep on loving his work. Not every stupid comment is rooted in sexism. Some are just stupid. And the sexism-flag is too easily waved at the moment. Imho.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I think everything has become corrupted at this moment in history.
The fight for equality both with feminism and LBGTQ (and whatever new letters get added) have been derailed... Well not exactly derailed, but the wheels have been made to wobble, and I think it is intentional.
Obfuscated..that's probably the right term.
In the same way so has political correctness.
Which in essence is just about being fair and not intentionally or maliciously discriminating.
But this also has been corrupted.
I think there is some agenda pushing these things in a way that is essentially encroaching on censorship\thought police.

My misses, when she is allowed out of the kitchen of course, basically deals with equality as a job. She travels all over the world helping companies set up diversity programs to improve equality in the workplace and deals with all sorts problems of societal and workplace culture. Our library\book collection is filled with books and papers about loads of this stuff
China is making quite big moves here, but with less of the.. obfuscation and bullshit we have in the west. Obviously they have a way to go yet.
But she gets to deal with things on a much more practical level, outside of all the ridiculous posturing that frustrates her and ,she says, makes her life more difficult in her quest for making more practical improvements to equality (she is a highly ethical person, a much better person than me in general, I'm broken as fuck, she basically is mostly happy and super positive, but she gives me a moral compass).
There's a lot of interesting stuff she is dealing with at the moment with high level CEOs and the prevailant personality types there...essentially sociopaths and psychopaths of degrees..
I won't go in to that here, that's really her department, I just get juicy titbits from her now and again.
How she manages to do all that shit and cook my dinner and make me sandwiches on demand I'll never know. In fact I really must treat her more often, I think this weekend I will let her off doing the washing up and use the dishwasher.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

rktic wrote: And the sexism-flag is too easily waved at the moment. Imho.
pretty much all flags are, at the moment.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Had this conversation with my oldest bestest mate yesterday.
He moved to Oz years ago and was visiting this week...irrelevant.

Anyway we were talking about how drastically right wing shit has got here and I was remarking how it's super weird how now, if I see an England flag or Union flag waving in someone's front garden or hanging from the front of their house, I instantly think "oh, so racists live there then".

Which in itself is of course prejudiced.

But probably true.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Lost to the Void wrote: How she manages to do all that shit and cook my dinner and make me sandwiches on demand I'll never know. In fact I really must treat her more often, I think this weekend I will let her off doing the washing up and use the dishwasher.
This reminds me of this Dave Chapelle joke :
"You know how you read in some of those magazines : 100 ways to please a man ??
Ain't no 100 ways bitch,
just suck his dick,
play with his balls a little
make him a sandwich
and stop talking so much !!"

but I kind of sworn to myself I shall behave...
not that I really want to...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Ah yeah, Chappelle.

I like the Joke by the great Jerry Sadowitz, who was a genius at hitting all the buttons.

"Why do ALL feminists have moustaches?"

"So you know exactly where to punch them".
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, you told us that one before.
excellent joke.
puts a smile on my face every time I hear it.