Polar Inertia Gear

General Chat // Music Discussion
jim_kezzle
Onions
Re: Polar Inertia Gear

Post by jim_kezzle »

I thought there first two eps were decent, then they kind of went missing for ages, is Voiski part of polar inertia?

dubdub
Asphyxiwank

Post by dubdub »

jim_kezzle wrote:I thought there first two eps were decent, then they kind of went missing for ages, is Voiski part of polar inertia?
It used to be Voiski and Francois X. Dunno who that guy in the picture is?

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

dubdub wrote:
jim_kezzle wrote:I thought there first two eps were decent, then they kind of went missing for ages, is Voiski part of polar inertia?
It used to be Voiski and Francois X. Dunno who that guy in the picture is?
I only knew about Voiski.

Shifted thing is up:

https://www.xlr8r.com/features/2017/07/ ... s-shifted/

Neal
fake

Post by Neal »

Den Bosch wrote:Well fuck, I've spent hours and hours searching blogs, reading interviews and zooming into live setup pictures trying to find out how these guys do it. Been trying for a good while to recreate their sound. And now they just drop a studio essentials... This is a good day. Too bad it's all a bit superficial still, but hey it's a start. Not to promote the whole "get the gear and you'll get their sound" debate of course, just wondering if there were any oddballs in there.

Absolutely love their sound, and much of the other dement3d/northern electronics releases. Got to see them live once and they were banging. Knew about rrose already when I discovered Polar Inertia, but it still was a revelation to me that this music existed. Just one of those things that allow you to peel away another layer of the techno onion and see what's underneath.

Just a heads up: Xlr8r is also doing an "Ask the Experts" session with Shifted soon, very interesting to see what he reveals there.

Saw Polar Inertia in Paris with Abdulla Rashim. It was Voiski that performed on his own, was hard to see but used mainly jomox 888, and a venice f32 mixing desk where he was routing stuff from ableton and using external hardware effects I think. It was hard to make out being so dark.

heyitsleyy
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by heyitsleyy »

Neal wrote:
Den Bosch wrote:Well fuck, I've spent hours and hours searching blogs, reading interviews and zooming into live setup pictures trying to find out how these guys do it. Been trying for a good while to recreate their sound. And now they just drop a studio essentials... This is a good day. Too bad it's all a bit superficial still, but hey it's a start. Not to promote the whole "get the gear and you'll get their sound" debate of course, just wondering if there were any oddballs in there.

Absolutely love their sound, and much of the other dement3d/northern electronics releases. Got to see them live once and they were banging. Knew about rrose already when I discovered Polar Inertia, but it still was a revelation to me that this music existed. Just one of those things that allow you to peel away another layer of the techno onion and see what's underneath.

Just a heads up: Xlr8r is also doing an "Ask the Experts" session with Shifted soon, very interesting to see what he reveals there.

Saw Polar Inertia in Paris with Abdulla Rashim. It was Voiski that performed on his own, was hard to see but used mainly jomox 888, and a venice f32 mixing desk where he was routing stuff from ableton and using external hardware effects I think. It was hard to make out being so dark.
Was it a la machine ? Was there too :) Lovely night.