Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno scene

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno s

Post by Hades »

skip on to the part at 2:13:15
I'd say 80% of the film was very interesting, and gives (as one of the only films) a good and solid alternative to our current society instead of only saying what's wrong with it,
and at least it gives me hope that 20+ million people have seen this...

youtu.be/4Z9WVZddH9w

but then again, just saw this Martin Garrix' "Animals" track for the first time, just cause Laurent Garnier was complaining about him,
and there were almost 600 million people stupid enough to watch that,
so yeah...

I suppose the idiots will always be winning ??
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

I think this is a pretty good estimation of the situation by Varoufakis... and him resigning has the advantage that he can speak openly about it now.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ief-grexit
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

ONE
Chernobyl

Post by ONE »

Yes, I read that yesterday when it was published - and was struck by the clarity of his argument.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

msl wrote:I think this is a pretty good estimation of the situation by Varoufakis... and him resigning has the advantage that he can speak openly about it now.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ief-grexit
Very interesting, and pretty much parroting some of the stuff in the book I linked.
It demonstrates how much politics now serves the finance giants.
Government is like a sub branch of international banking cartels, it was aggressively bought out with the promise that nothing will change and they can continue to operate independently, but slowly the "owners" enforce changes to their way of operation.

It's exactly a mirror of companies that get bought up by multinationals.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Lost to the Void wrote:It demonstrates how much politics now serves the finance giants.
Government is like a sub branch of international banking cartels, it was aggressively bought out with the promise that nothing will change and they can continue to operate independently, but slowly the "owners" enforce changes to their way of operation.

Yep, its been totally taken over by international finance. A bunch of unelected officials that are accountable to no one, the opposite of democracy. All of the heads of the ECB, the EFSF, etc.

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

That does make sense what he's said.

One thing I wonder is though, part of the reason the powers that be are going after Greece, is because 'they' the government at the time, and before them, fucked up.

They fucked up, and put their countrymen in danger for the next 20 yrs.

Isn't part of the reason being harsh, to deter 'corrupt' countries who want to join the euro-zone, from pulling the same shit?

Of course, I'm not saying that the greek people deserve what's about to happen to them. Even though we've all established how lazy every single one of them is. Especially the poor.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:youtu.be/owI7DOeO_yg
well, that summed things up rather nicely, I guess we can close this topic now... ;)
I mean, who really cares what happens with the Greek, right ??

seriously, out of pure practical reasons (and because my heart turned with every new news bulletin),
I've been in touch with the Greeks I personally know,
and they've all said they've turned off the (100% propagandic) news ages ago, and are just trying to make the best of it,
even though they know it's all one big catastrophy...

I really wonder if I'll be able to enjoy my holiday at all,
and yet I know that if I wouldn't go there, they'd have an even harder time... :|

they need every euro that they can get (which doesn't go their way through the "EU" way) :)

surface
Balance

Post by surface »

Fuck it. Reading about this today and it looks like they've buckled to the IMF. And so it continues...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

surface wrote:Fuck it. Reading about this today and it looks like they've buckled to the IMF. And so it continues...
I hoped it wouldn't go this way, but it was kinda invitable.
Poor bastards.
New Shit

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

Lost to the Void wrote:I hoped it wouldn't go this way, but it was kinda invitable.
Poor bastards.

Yep they are truly fucked. I'd be out on the streets if it was me... they are having their country stolen from them for nothing, everything is going to get sold off. There's even talk about 'bail-in' too so those €120 billion in deposits still left in the banks might be confiscated...

Its an economic coup.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

This was pretty much the plan all along. It's how the financial supergiants work.
Push a country into debt, push for austerity measures, force a fire sale of assets and resources, move on to the next victims.
Everything was getting sold off anyway, it's happening everywhere.
Burn it all down.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

this morning on the news : the fucking Germans still have to approve the agreement.
So... they call it an agreement, everyone else in EU can "agree", but once again, the Germans haven't had enough.

Tsipras has said on the news he doesn't approve the agreement at all, but he had no choice (indeed) and was with his back against the wall,
and will still defend the agreement in the Greek parlement

Strangely enough, they also said the IMF stresses out they have to cut down a major part of the Greek debt.
Never expected them to say that, but then again, the Germans won't agree.
They have forgotten that Greece was one of the countries that agreed to stop their debt payback payments after WWII.

The Reich can never get big enough, once again...

I am seriously disgusted by the EU and most especially the acts of Germany in the EU.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

btw, msl, I'm loving "confessions of an electroic hit-man".
great book, and really well written as well, having a hard time putting it down.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:Sounds sensible to me.

youtu.be/P84tN0z4jqM

t/l/d/r

Make concrete proposals to reform the 'corrupt' political system, get debt relief.
I'd like to get back to this video after reading a protest article against it,
one that shows quite a few details mr Verhofstadt prefers to leave behind, because they don't fit the myth that the Tsipras government has done nothing in the last 5 months,
and one that doesn't fit his own private agenda either...

http://pvda.be/artikels/beste-guy-verho ... lies-leven

unfortunately gentlemen, it's in Dutch, and I know most of you dumb cunts are monoglot or duoglot at best,
apart from us Flemish, some Dutch, 3,5 Wallonians and members like ONE, Mattias, msl,... ;)

seriously though, I'll try sum up a few things the article said :

One of the things Verhofstadt yells about is that the Greek need to end the cliëntilism asap,
Tsipras said their government was the only government that ever brought some of the richest and corrupt people before a judge.
They also let go of 30% of their staff at the palace, cut down 40% of the staff of their prime minister, cut down the car fleet of the ministers in half,...
they also came to an agreement with Switzerland so that all the Greek who are dodging taxes by putting their money there will be paying taxes in the future.
They have sharpened border control to stop smuggling.

The Tsipras government also proposed more taxes for the biggest companies, and the very wealthy,
a proposal which was immediately refused by Mrs Lagarde of the IMF. Someone who doesn't pay a single dime of taxes on her 380.000€/year income...

But yet, the EU wants to keep the "myth" widely spread that the Tsipras government has done absolutly nothing since they started...

One can't expect a government to solve in 5 months what has been corrupt for 35 years...
Basically, in 5 months they have done a lot more than the Trojka has been able to do in the last 4 years.
The Trojka has only really come in to take an almost bankrupt country and pull it completely down to its knees, so that they could take it and rob it blind...

And what with the many German scandals around the Siemens contract for the Olympic Games in Athens in 2009 ? No favouritism ? Not if it goes to the Germans apparantly...
Mr Verhofstadt makes approx 8000€/month with his function in the EU, and another 12.000€ by sitting into all kinds of boards of shareholders.
One of those is the Sofina-holding, which is one of the biggest shareholders of GDF Suez, who is directly involved into the privatizing of EYATH, who, amongst others, supplies the water for Thessaloniki, 2nd biggest city in Greece.
But yeah, Mr Verhofstadt wants to speak up against favouritism...

His wage is the same kind of money that sometimes 40 families are forced to live off in Greece, because many families now are living from the pension of one grandparent, since the children and/or grandchildren lost their job and were forced to move back in with their parents or grandparents.
Meanwhile he's making money from the privatizing, complaining about cliëntilism and favouritism.
Diaploki !

Mr Verhofstadt, I call you a proper CUNT !!! you dipshit ! :evil:

and, I'd also like to state, that as usual, it's the one with the biggest mouth and a lot of gesticulations, someone who's a good "speaker" that the people will believe.
msl called him charismatic earlier on, I wouldn't call Verhofstadt charismatic, but yes, he's good at giving convincing speeches, that much I'll give the guy. :roll:
If there's someone calm and quiet who tells something that is far more truthfull, people won't give a shit.
History repeats itself, time and time again...

@ jordanneke : ik geloof eigenlijk in geen enkele politieke partij, maar ik ben toch blij dat de PVDA af en toe eens goed tegen de schenen shopt en de verborgen agenda's van vele politici onder de aandacht brengt. ;)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Hades - That's the way we're programmed. The best looking/ best sounding person is always the best.

“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”

I'm not one for quotes and all that shit, but I think that one is apt.

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

Verhofstadt is pure scum. Because im tired and a bit lazy right now ill leave this here for Hades who i expect to tl;dr it for the rest of you: http://925.nl/archief/2015/07/08/vvd-d6 ... -pushen-3/

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:Hades - That's the way we're programmed. The best looking/ best sounding person is always the best.

“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.”

I'm not one for quotes and all that shit, but I think that one is apt.

"political language is designed to make lies sound truthfull, make murder seem respectable,
and to give an appearance of solidity to pure air"

not sure but I think it was George Orwell who said that.

in my opinion, a lot of times,
there's a massive difference between what people would do without having given a certain matter much thought,
and what people should do, if they've given the matter some thought.

I think this whole topic has shown that if you are prepared to dedicate some of your time to read up on what's really happening,
it's more than easy enough to see that this does NOT correspond to the image the propagandic press is giving us and wants us to believe.
But it's a lot harder to get some more valid information than it is to just swallow the general news propaganda (or watch a quick youtube video of a screaming populistic politician)
cause it takes time and effort, both of which the human species have been programmed more and more by our society to use as little as possible.
Things gotta be quick and easy, that's what we're learned to like.

Thank God we still have the internet nowadays. Though misinformation might be 500x faster spread than before, and of course it is being used by the puppet masters as well,
at least it can be used as a source for more accurate information instead of the blurred one way view they are trying to spoon-feed us.

saying "that's just how we're programmed" is not an excuse in my opinion.
cause then all the Germans could have used that excuse for WWII and following Hitler, to name just the obvious example. :)

I still love you though, you jordanic cunt ! ;)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Twilitez wrote:Verhofstadt is pure scum. Because im tired and a bit lazy right now ill leave this here for Hades who i expect to tl;dr it for the rest of you: http://925.nl/archief/2015/07/08/vvd-d6 ... -pushen-3/
thx for that link.

I don't think I'll be translating though.
I know this sounds contradictory to what I just said above in reply to Jordanneke,
but I think I have personally dedicated enough hours into this topic and trying to convince people the Greeks are not like what they have been told.

People can do their own research sometimes as well, no ?

btw, twilitez, didn't even know you spoke Dutch man,
I thought you were from the US, no ? Or at least I thought you lived there ?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

just a small detail from Twilitez' link (and further articles I read on there),
look at this, it's the promo-video of a new real estate project they're gonna build.
it's 3x the size of Moncao, and someone (Latsis and the son of Emir van Abu Dhabi, general Mohammed Bin-Zayed Al-Nayanbought) was allowed to buy it for only 1 billion.
The Greek government didn't do anything with it for 10 years (yeah right, cause someone was being paid to hold onto it, no doubt), though it's clear this is a top location.
However, they were expecting 3x the price for this location, but were forced now to sell it asap...
Tsipras government cancelled the deal cause it was found to be illegal, but was forced by Bxl to make it go through anyway...

just look at the damn thing : the ultra-rich are gonna enjoy themselves right under the eyes of the normal and poor people of Greece who will have nothing.
fuck me man.
once again I'm utterly disgusted by all this...

youtu.be/3BmNlh2g_W8