Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno scene

General Chat // Music Discussion
Twilitez
You only live once
Re: Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno scene

Post by Twilitez »

Chomsky has completely lost it. Localize localize localize, democracy is dead, it's just oligarchs trying to kill each other over potential fealty now. And they will kill us along the way too.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Twilitez wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:14 am
Chomsky has completely lost it.

Has he? he`s seemed pretty on the ball where I have seem in in fairly recent interviews. Older, slower, quieter, and definitely seems resigned to the despair that the world is still the same ball of inequity, suffering and chaos as it was when he started his quest for enlightenment, but he seems to be still on the money.

Have I missed something?
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:07 pm
Twilitez wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:14 am
Chomsky has completely lost it.

Has he? he`s seemed pretty on the ball where I have seem in in fairly recent interviews. Older, slower, quieter, and definitely seems resigned to the despair that the world is still the same ball of inequity, suffering and chaos as it was when he started his quest for enlightenment, but he seems to be still on the money.

Have I missed something?
His take on Russia's war in Ukraine is rather controversial.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Does he lay the blame on NATO/Ukraine/US?
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Yeah somewhat - and then he sort of said that the best thing would be if the Ukrainians didn't fight back or something along those lines.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Amøbe wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:03 am
Yeah somewhat - and then he sort of said that the best thing would be if the Ukrainians didn't fight back or something along those lines.
Oh dear.
I do understand the perspective of "lay down your arms" for the ukrainians. Don`t agree, but I do get it. It wouldn`t end well for the Ukrainians though, and I think it would put a lot of ex soviet states (those that don`t already have putin puppet governments) on edge.

The best reporting I have found is a youtube channel called willy.beating cancer

Willy is an ex aussie military guy who has been diagnosed with an inoperable terminal brain tumour, so he decided to spend his time reporting from the front lines that which no one else seems to be reporting.
He has candid interviews with citizens, ukraine forces, and foreign legion forces alike (he has tried to also get reportage from russia and russians, but the russian state has basically shut him out). His stories of what is actually going on, and the footage, displays a fucking brutal war, and some truly truly atrocious behaviour from russia. Mainly that their troops don`t like a fight and aren't too effective apart from numbers, so when they get pushed back even a bit, they just pull back and then level the area with artillery. They are systematically flattening ukraine
New Shit

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:47 am
Amøbe wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:03 am
Oh dear.
I do understand the perspective of "lay down your arms" for the ukrainians. Don`t agree, but I do get it. It wouldn`t end well for the Ukrainians though, and I think it would put a lot of ex soviet states (those that don`t already have putin puppet governments) on edge.

The best reporting I have found is a youtube channel called willy.beating cancer

Willy is an ex aussie military guy who has been diagnosed with an inoperable terminal brain tumour, so he decided to spend his time reporting from the front lines that which no one else seems to be reporting.
He has candid interviews with citizens, ukraine forces, and foreign legion forces alike (he has tried to also get reportage from russia and russians, but the russian state has basically shut him out). His stories of what is actually going on, and the footage, displays a fucking brutal war, and some truly truly atrocious behaviour from russia. Mainly that their troops don`t like a fight and aren't too effective apart from numbers, so when they get pushed back even a bit, they just pull back and then level the area with artillery. They are systematically flattening ukraine
Yeah - I also kinda get the "lay down your arms" especially as I'm generally hardlining on being a pacifist... however, when someone invades your country you are kind of forced to fight back!

That Willy dude sounds interesting - definitely gonna follow him! I get most of my news from the Danish military analysts, who luckily are very active on twitter. They tend to do very balanced analyses of the recent intels.

msl
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Post by msl »

"War, what's it good for..." the arms industry that's what. Its all guns a'blazing in EU land. Obviously this will not end well. They could stop it tomorrow, but no profits in that.

Chomsky just stated the obvious and got some flak for it. He does look like a yetti cave man these days.
www.bernadettetrax.bandcamp.com
www.soundcloud.com/michaellovatt

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.” Dune

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

I think the whole situation is very dangerous.
Ofc its not an option for ukraine to lay down their weapons.
I dont really get this war anyway, iam truly suprised that russian military is not as effective as one could think. Thats good, but they just seem to fight more brutally out of despair.

On the other hand if russia would really loose this war, it could come to some kind of versailles moment, where they will blame everything on the west and create some kind of national trauma that will lead to who knows what.
Thats all speculative ofc, i also want them to loose tbh.

What do you think about the dugina murder?
I was outraged that dugin wasent killed, by whoever..
This man would really deserve it imo

chava
You only live once

Post by chava »

over9000 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:13 pm

Well Dugin apparantly wants to ban the Internet, som maybe some Silicon Valley types did it

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

chava wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:46 pm
over9000 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:13 pm

Well Dugin apparantly wants to ban the Internet, som maybe some Silicon Valley types did it
Really?
Ha! You got any link to that?
Or can one access his publications only offline?
:D
I think hes a wicked occultist, maybe he sacrified his daughter for the cause

Ben Kohonays
Quaint
Re: Rant about Greece and politics in the so called techno s

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Hades wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:33 pm
you might as well throw in the blanket, and buy another 30 drum machines and enjoy our planet while it still lasts
cause some day the electricity bill for those machines will go completely out of the roof... :) :|
Well that was quite the prophetic statement.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:28 pm
Hades wrote:
you might as well throw in the blanket, and buy another 30 drum machines and enjoy our planet while it still lasts
cause some day the electricity bill for those machines will go completely out of the roof... :) :|
auch ein blindes huhn findet mal ein korn
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Hades wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:41 am
Ben Kohonays wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:28 pm
Hades wrote:
Whoa! Are you back, you blind chicken?! :D

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Hades wrote:
:lol:

Hades!!! Stick around, we need more input and looooooooooooooooooooong posts!
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Hades wrote:
Hades! I cycled past radio (where we met) the other day and wondered what you were up to. Hope all's well

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Hades <3 lovely seeing your name pop up again :)

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

What i meant is he completely backtracked on placing the blame where it ought to be and sounds like a corporate mouthpiece now which is a far cry from his rather accurate analysees of the past. Now with the NS blowups things will heat up. 'May you live in interesting times'.