Documentaries

General Chat // Music Discussion
Stace
Classical Approach
Re: Documentaries

Post by Stace »

Críoch wrote: The Magic Of Mushrooms on BBC4 - Sunday 18th Sept @ 2230.

Really really good doc. Doesn't focus on 'leisure' mushrooms, instead investigates some of their many other applications, from food, to packaging, in biological washing powder, on to medicine etc... & the important role that they play in keeping the world in order.

Well presented.. great info & beautiful to look at in terms of how it is shot, as they get close, examining how spores distribute & leave unique 'fingerprints' on paper, flying through the air.. and spreading underground. Humans share a common ancestor with mushrooms also. Very interesting.
'leisure' mushrooms :lol: Yeah, saw that a little while ago and it is a really lovely watch.

There is a great New Zealand series on iPlayer at the moment, just gorgeous :)

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Hades wrote:Just watched this. Not bad, but not great either.
though I definitely think it was interesting and this is a far better view on the universe.

what do the other 3 documentaries have to offer Hepta ?
My free time is gonna be very limited pretty soon, and I don't think I want to offer 3x more than an hour if it's at the same level of the one above (no offence). :)
Fair enough, and none taken mate. I really like the Electric Universe concept, it all makes much more sense to me compared to what we've been taught in school and in mainstream media. Sorry but I don't think I can convince you anymore if the guys in the video didn't manage to. What you saw was just a brief introduction and the following episodes goes in deeper into everything but it doesn't stop there.

What is really fascinating for me though is how they connect mythology and astronomy. I just wanna make clear that this is not some David Icke bullshit with reptilians and hidden dimensions for anyone reading this hehe. And it's nothing religious either for anyone who think it might be because of the mythological part of it. It's the exact opposite.

What these guys are saying is that the core archetypes in mythology from all the different cultures around the world is transliteration of the dynamic events between and of certain celestial bodies that our ancestor witnessed. These bodies happened to be Saturn, Mars and later Venus. Of course the "primitive" human mind could only interpret these events using their fantasy as of what really happened at that time so all these stories emerged which later helped shape our modern religion for example.

The scientific basis that makes this possible is if you stop believing that gravity alone created the solar system, which accordingly to standard scientist took 4-5 billion years. With the electric model the "birth" of a solar system can be much much faster. This is a big part of the concept that our ancestors lived in a time where the sky was much different than todays. But that we somehow forgot our past and that all these old texts eventually just became ridiculous stories for the modern human when it really was something that totally shaped the entire early civilisations throughout the world, It wasn't just randomly made up. Plasma science has in some way unlocked the door to truly understand what mythology is because the patterns spread from each culture has a unified consensus. And that is really is interesting. However this is just the historical part of the Thunderbolts Project hehe...

Once you got that basic foundation you can really start digging into the real science of this (which is my favourite part), mostly talked about by Wal Thornhill and Donald E Scott.

If I were to recommend at least one episode to not completely waste your time it would be the second episode about the lightning scarred mars you should really watch it. That one is really good. Like do you still believe that the geology of Grand Canyon here on earth is shaped by flash floods for thousands of years? Think again, it all happened in matter of seconds...

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hepta wrote:
Hades wrote:Just watched this. Not bad, but not great either.
though I definitely think it was interesting and this is a far better view on the universe.

what do the other 3 documentaries have to offer Hepta ?
My free time is gonna be very limited pretty soon, and I don't think I want to offer 3x more than an hour if it's at the same level of the one above (no offence). :)
Fair enough, and none taken mate. I really like the Electric Universe concept, it all makes much more sense to me compared to what we've been taught in school and in mainstream media. Sorry but I don't think I can convince you anymore if the guys in the video didn't manage to. What you saw was just a brief introduction and the following episodes goes in deeper into everything but it doesn't stop there.

What is really fascinating for me though is how they connect mythology and astronomy. I just wanna make clear that this is not some David Icke bullshit with reptilians and hidden dimensions for anyone reading this hehe. And it's nothing religious either for anyone who think it might be because of the mythological part of it. It's the exact opposite.

What these guys are saying is that the core archetypes in mythology from all the different cultures around the world is transliteration of the dynamic events between and of certain celestial bodies that our ancestor witnessed. These bodies happened to be Saturn, Mars and later Venus. Of course the "primitive" human mind could only interpret these events using their fantasy as of what really happened at that time so all these stories emerged which later helped shape our modern religion for example.

The scientific basis that makes this possible is if you stop believing that gravity alone created the solar system, which accordingly to standard scientist took 4-5 billion years. With the electric model the "birth" of a solar system can be much much faster. This is a big part of the concept that our ancestors lived in a time where the sky was much different than todays. But that we somehow forgot our past and that all these old texts eventually just became ridiculous stories for the modern human when it really was something that totally shaped the entire early civilisations throughout the world, It wasn't just randomly made up. Plasma science has in some way unlocked the door to truly understand what mythology is because the patterns spread from each culture has a unified consensus. And that is really is interesting. However this is just the historical part of the Thunderbolts Project hehe...

Once you got that basic foundation you can really start digging into the real science of this (which is my favourite part), mostly talked about by Wal Thornhill and Donald E Scott.

If I were to recommend at least one episode to not completely waste your time it would be the second episode about the lightning scarred mars you should really watch it. That one is really good. Like do you still believe that the geology of Grand Canyon here on earth is shaped by flash floods for thousands of years? Think again, it all happened in matter of seconds...
hah, I think you just explained most of what I already saw in the 1st video, so anyone who doesn't feel like watching it, here you go ! ;)

I completely agree this is interesting stuff, but I already saw a similar documentary about this, done by the obutu-movement, I think,
and I'm not sure if it was discussed here a few pages back or if I found it some other way.
It goes into how they find all these unknown structures in Africa, all over the continent,
and how they try and explain them by saying it's designed to hold cattle, which just doesn't make sense at all since there is never an opening in them.
I can't even remember now what they were for, but it does open the question to our general conception that the primitive cultures were really that "primitive".
I'm not sure if you saw Battlestar Galactica (the new series from about a decade ago) and if you watched it till the end.
But the "clue" of the story is that they basically always try to get back to earth, and when they finally find it, it's a totally deserted, lifeless thing.
So they set course to find another similar planet, where there is only the most primitive life, like neanderthalers or something,
so the few survivors start their life on that planet again, later on mixing with the local lifeforms.

I know this all sounds like a lot of hocus pocus, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless, and the documentary about it was actually really well done,
they just showed archeological and antropological discoveries, and, yes, just like here, they said the sky must have been totally different back then,
and I always like how they question the science we have now.
Even a theory that can sound strange can have some truth in it, if you can give enough "evidence" to support it.
Some times it just takes a long time to change people's view, just like it will take time to change people's view to that electric model.
They got me convinced with that documentary.
But I'm in no way saying I agree with all the stuff from that documentary made by the Obutu-movement.
I just think you should always have an open mind, and hear people out if they do have sensible arguments. :)

hmm, maybe I should start with that 1st documentary... :D
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

but yeah, maybe it wasn't so clear in my words above :
the similarities between the documentary I mentioned and yours is that indeed, they explain all the old myths by what the people back then must have seen in the stars.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

just finished watching the 1st documentary.
Good stuff, but I really think someone should have told this guy to summarize stuff a little more.
I mean, after you've seen the 80th ancient drawing being compared to a cosmic phenomena,
you really don't need the 65487th ancient drawing being compared to it... :)

Other than that, there's the cheesy soundtrack of course,
maybe 20% of the time, it's pretty nice ambient stuff,
but that other 80%...

nonetheless, gonna watch the rest.

Maybe I'm just too impatient,
but there's currently a heatwave here,
and I hate it when it's just too hot everywhere,
and I might start a new job next week which will mean a LOT less hours of free time,
so I guess I'm just more picky than I normally am.

To be clear : I really love the content of these documentaries, Hepta,
but I think they are rather poorly executed.
Too long, too much totally unnecessary repetition,
as if you watch a successful series that they've made too many extra seasons of,
and they've stretched the content for far too long... :)
(if that makes any sense at all)

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

As I said the Symbols of an Alien Sky goes in deeper to what you already saw on the first so yeah I had to repeat myself a bit because I can't really go in to all the fancy details myself. It's beyond my level of typing :lol:. But I did forget to mention the comet episode on the last post which is really great too.

Their production value is indeed low, and thats because it's David Talbots sons or something that are producing them in their spare time so it's totally indie, but it's good enough to have you keep listening throughout the episode, at least for me. Sometimes they repeat a lot of stuff yes but I think it's intentional.

But it's exactly this that will have people disregard from the actual facts is that they rather see something with a high production value instead. Theres a whole market now for all these crazy mainstream theories, and hell they even made the movie Interstellar to hype these things even deeper into the general human subconscious. It's gonna take a long while for the paradigm to come around the corner with Electric Universe stuff indeed. And thats a shame. It's truly a shame since so many scientist in the past already proposed these ideas but was of course ridiculed because it sounded too crazy for the already established theorists. But what the standard astronomers don't realise is what they are doing right now is actually not any different than how the ancient people did, they look up and just came up with imaginary assumptions, and when the nature isn't obeying their mathematics they just invent new elements. We invented mathematics so it's the math that should adjust itself to nature and not the opposite way. Keep in mind that i'm not bashing math because we have done incredibly things with it but for trying interpret and describe the universe with, it's not the best way.

But I agree with you man, to have an open mind is always the best. But I think they really nailed it here. Can't wait for the books to finally be changed etc, not that I gonna sit down and read them myself because I will probably be dead hehe. I just wanna see everything big bang related to be remembered as just another creationist religious concept, because thats what it is.

Edit: Had to edit the post a bit because my spelling is shit.
Last edited by Hepta on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

I'm glad you found it interesting though, when I first saw it I couldn't grasp the mythological shit at all and I just kept with the electric stuff for a while. But I have to say that it totally grew on me. It's time well spent because it beats ANY Sci-Fi story haha. Okay maybe not the first Alien and The Thing but yeah. Just imagine living at that time? Seeing all that shit? Ok I'll fuck off now before I start rambling nonsense lol.

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

I also forgot to say that please link that other documentary that you just mentioned!

avmilli
Pig

Post by avmilli »

In Munich at the moment preparing to go North. An interesting documentary if you become interested in movements from The UK also are the Spiral Tribe. One or two films on Youtube. If you are really bored try searching 'Sinclair C5 crashes' through google - pictures of amusement at least or most!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hepta wrote:
Their production value is indeed low, and thats because it's David Talbots sons or something that are producing them in their spare time so it's totally indie, but it's good enough to have you keep listening throughout the episode, at least for me. Sometimes they repeat a lot of stuff yes but I think it's intentional.

Glad to read this.
You know, the problem is I've seen too much, and that just makes me very critical.
I've watched about 20 films each month for maybe 12 or 13 years straight.
Pretty much every genre apart from stupid shit like romantic comedies or sci-fi (apart from a few classics) because that doesn't interest me at all.
And even though this is a documentary and no film, I've really become a bit allergic to shit that was done cheapish, or rather lazy,
because even with a very small budget, you can still make wonderful stuff, especially nowadays.

I guess it's just like us being more critical about music because we listen to a LOT more music than the average person who can probably turn on any commercial radio station and be happy with what is playing.
I just can't stand listening to radio, I never listen to any radio apart from the classical radio station my mrs listens to.
Only exception being a few internet radio stations.
Hepta wrote: But it's exactly this that will have people disregard from the actual facts is that they rather see something with a high production value instead. Theres a whole market now for all these crazy mainstream theories, and hell they even made the movie Interstellar to hype these things even deeper into the general human subconscious. It's gonna take a long while for the paradigm to come around the corner with Electric Universe stuff indeed. And thats a shame. It's truly a shame since so many scientist in the past already proposed these ideas but was of course ridiculed because it sounded too crazy for the already established theorists. But what the standard astronomers don't realise is what they are doing right now is actually not any different than how the ancient people did, they look up and just came up with imaginary assumptions, and when the nature isn't obeying their mathematics they just invent new elements. We invented mathematics so it's the math that should adjust itself to nature and not the opposite way. Keep in mind that i'm not bashing math because we have done incredibly things with it but for trying interpret and describe the universe with, it's not the best way.
New ideas that make the old ones seem totally wrong are always ridiculed. Just shows how single-minded most people are, and how much they let pride get in the way of new information. :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hepta wrote:I also forgot to say that please link that other documentary that you just mentioned!

Took me a little while to find it back.
It's a long one, but it is well worth watching.
I'm by all means NOT saying I agree with all of what he's saying,
because he is going way out there at times,
but his explanations seem more than reasonable most of the times,
and what he presents does make you think about stuff.
He's thinking out of the box, just like the scientists who gave us the electrical theory of the universe.
We need more people like that from time to time.

Also, he talks about very interesting stuff like the Coral Castle in Florida.

Plus, the guy makes me biased because he started the Ubuntu movement,
which is really interesting to learn about.
It's kind of a concept that wants to divide the world in smaller villages, where each contributes according to his or hers own possibilities.
It sounds really hippy-ish, but I think he goes into detail about it at the end of this documentary, not sure.

Anyways, give it a go,
but yeah, not saying I agree with all he's saying though...

youtu.be/WNU4P6f0FPg

Hepta
I Love YOU!!!

Post by Hepta »

Hades wrote:New ideas that make the old ones seem totally wrong are always ridiculed. Just shows how single-minded most people are, and how much they let pride get in the way of new information. :)
Couldn't agree more, well said.

And thanks for the link I will check this out soon.

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

Hi

don´t know if already posted but it´s an inspiring documentary about the background of the Lakker LP. It´s great thtat they used the sound of a ship horn in one of their tracks. As a dude from Hamburg I always wanted to do this:)

youtu.be/w-G_xArLoYk

Kromasome
arsehole

Post by Kromasome »

Hades wrote:
mattie wrote:As a parent myself its sad that viewing like this no matter how repulsive becomes compulsory in a know your enemy manner.
exactly my sentiments indeed.
I really don't want to, but with 3 young kids of my own I might have to watch this too. Unfortunately a lot of what has already been spoken about this topic is in line with what I have been told by a very close family member who was a victim when very young. Some of the monsters who commit these crimes go to extreme lengths, are very patient and are very well organised and are often very well hidden and protected by large, well respected organisations (in my case when I was old enough to be told about this, it only strengthened what I already thought about religion - a whole other topic in itself). I have also been told that they can't be rehabilitated and the only solution to not letting them do these despicable acts is to separate them from any contact with kids (in whatever form that may be). Sorry if this post has gone a bit off-topic again, but I couldn't not comment on this.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Kromasome wrote:
Hades wrote:
mattie wrote:As a parent myself its sad that viewing like this no matter how repulsive becomes compulsory in a know your enemy manner.
exactly my sentiments indeed.
I really don't want to, but with 3 young kids of my own I might have to watch this too. Unfortunately a lot of what has already been spoken about this topic is in line with what I have been told by a very close family member who was a victim when very young. Some of the monsters who commit these crimes go to extreme lengths, are very patient and are very well organised and are often very well hidden and protected by large, well respected organisations (in my case when I was old enough to be told about this, it only strengthened what I already thought about religion - a whole other topic in itself). I have also been told that they can't be rehabilitated and the only solution to not letting them do these despicable acts is to separate them from any contact with kids (in whatever form that may be). Sorry if this post has gone a bit off-topic again, but I couldn't not comment on this.
you should.
slimy fucking creepy cunts.
the more we're aware, the better it is.

I can recommend other stuff about the "topic",
less painful to watch since it's fiction, but really well based on reality.
I just went through the topic to see what I already posted,
no need for me to ramble on again.

collide
Smore

Post by collide »

youtu.be/90CkXVF-Q8M

Worth watching.

:(

Barskiniov
skaghead

Post by Barskiniov »

youtu.be/zkmf52slFeY

mini docu about the maestro

Stace
Classical Approach

Post by Stace »

This is WONDERFUL

youtu.be/3_5MnvCUvDU

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

Not sure if already posted. Precinct Seven Five is a good watch. About a team of corrupt NY cops in the 70s and 80s. Sure it had to have inspired The Shield.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

any links ?

I watched like 5 out of 7 seasons of The Shield.
Is it worth watching the rest ?

Just finished watching Justified last week, last season wasn't so great, but the series as a whole had a lot of great moments.