Some cunt stole my tune

General Chat // Music Discussion
willemb
Mild
Some cunt stole my tune

Post by willemb »

I've sent him a quick message this morning to ask what he was playing at while i was on my way to work, haven't hear back yet.

What do you guys reckon I should do?

Here is his "track":

https://soundcloud.com/markangel-chicag ... -hope-mark

Here is mine:

http://willemb.bandcamp.com/track/persistent

Sey
Chernobyl
Re: Some cunt stole my tune

Post by Sey »

Fuck, what a lazy cunt he is. I often wonder what's going on in people's mind to take such dishonest shortcuts. + he butchered your tune imho

you could try to contact the guy who made the track he "remixed" to prevent it from getting released ?

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I have now messaged the original artist and the label the original track belongs too as well... Let's see what happens next?

Eliad
Exampleless

Post by Eliad »

You should first wait a few days to see if he answers. And then, if you think it is worth it, you can initiate legal action, because it is blatant copyright infrigement, according to the copyright act.

It seems that this lazy fucker has no respect for intelectual property.

And his song is bad.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

haha yea i noticed too that he didn't even bother to name the track properly...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Facebook bomb the cunt, name and shame.

Shitworths like these need running out of the scene.

Thief of music.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

He doesn't have an "artist" page for me to bomb, just a personal page, and i dont really want to request to be his "friend" right now.

I do see that he has some mutual facebook friends: MSLWTE, Mono...

I could attack his label on facebook, but I wont.... yet.

Twitter would have been a good place, but can't find him on there. Hilariously he has a RA page where he is compared to Mattias! ( http://www.residentadvisor.net/dj/markangel/biography )

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Ah he must have noticed now, he's taken the remix offline, it might have been Steve's comment that did it.

Still no answer to my message though.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Wow. Now he claims I stole his track!?

https://www.facebook.com/markangelchicago

I found this amusing at first, now he is just making me angry.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

If it was me, I'd be doing a youtube video of the track playing opening each plugin etc etc as it plays. Show the date the track was created etc etc on the vid too then get as many people as possible to link the video to his wall. Maybe some of his fanboys that are only hearing this guys bullshit will see him for what he is then. Just an idea.
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

Sey
Chernobyl

Post by Sey »

Wow what a dickhead :shock: . Did you ripped the track from his SC before he took it down ?

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

He's taken the evidence offline now. I doubt he has the cheek to put it back up.

It would have been more fun if it was released and on beatport etc so he couldn't just remove the track by deleting it from his soundcloud, then I could have done the whole youtube proof thing. If a similar situation arises again (with another thief, there are plenty out there it seems), I might have to bite my tongue and wait until its released so the cunt can be shown up properly.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

He just posted this on his Facebook post regarding the situation:

'hahaha....I dont put anyone on blast, until they give me a reason to not like i dont have a legit reason now...but im taking care of it behind the curtain, but dude is pushing me....so I may have all his info here soon!'

And the guy that wrote the original track has posted what you wrote to him
Thank you for the laughs, debate, new music found, production tips etc etc over the years. I wish Subsekt and everyone all the best for the future. Wiu.

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

Sey wrote:Wow what a dickhead :shock: . Did you ripped the track from his SC before he took it down ?
I did actually, first time I used a soundcloud ripper!

But there is really no point to do anything with it now, as there is no more evidence online it would just be a shouting/liking competition.

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

I say we all fucking spam his record label facebook page as anyone can post on there

Sey
Chernobyl

Post by Sey »

Yeah well he's just playing the hardass in front of his friends before it gets out of his control but I'm pretty sure he'll never release that track now.. He's gonna get RA-fucked if he does :)

but... but.. it was a .wav from youtube a friend sent me, I swear I didn't know

Wiu
Slowy J

Post by Wiu »

^^

LOL. The now obligatory youtube recorded wav from a friend excuse these types use.

daunzila
arsehole

Post by daunzila »

Holy cunt, this is insane, the guy is a fucking idiot!

Can we help you anyway? if i can, just say how man!
WTF?!

willemb
Mild

Post by willemb »

I am just trying to not let it bother me too much. I was expecting some hilarious apology and that'd be that.

He hasn't replied to messages, he's deleted the track, and he hasn't named me (he even stopped the original artist from naming me).

All because he knows he is wrong, if he tried to defend himself or push me I would be able to prove it (project files etc). He knows he is wrong, but he can't admit it, he is living his own lies.

His facebook post pissed me off, but there is nothing for me to do, I can't change who he is or how he acts. I guess his post is a little insurance clause for him in case someone might read some of my posts. A little cowardly, but he obviously has some problems with being truthful.

I am not sure if there are any Chicago heads on here, but if they are, they know who to look out for.

I am not wasting my energy on it. I haven't lost anything, he isn't trying to defend himself towards me or attack me. Unless anything else happens I am done with this episode.

Spacefunk
Exampleless

Post by Spacefunk »

wow sorry about that man, if you wanna kick his ass ill come to Chicago with you