What are you listening to?

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: What are you listening to?

Post by Hades »

ok, must have been around 2005 or something, my dispatch years,
summer time, so students doing summer jobs,
(always funny and a serious annoyance to us regulars at the same time, you know how it is...)

Anyway, one of them was seriously hot,
hot as in.. one of the day people actually got her cell phone number from our system
then started stalking her for weeks... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(poor chap)

at some point she must have heard from some other guy at work that I make music,
so one evening, she's trying to get all "friendly" with me and she tells me how she went to the Rock Werchter festival last year, and how at the time she got in for free because she was working for the red cross at the festival as a volunteer.
If we'd be in a bar, I'd literally start talking in the dumb way she talked,
because honestly... I would be massively falling into eufimisms if I tell you her beauty was inversely proportional to her brains.
(side note : there is nothing that turns me off more than dumb women, and I do mean really dumb. (and for all you politically correct folks : this has nothing to do with gender, cause if I'd be gay, I would be just as much turned off by a dumb guy)) :)

Anyway, her story went something like :
"yeah, I really, really wanted to see The Chemical Brothers, because they are my favorite band like, ever,
cause "Galvanize", that's like, my all time favorite song ever !!!
So yeah, I made sure I was like all the way upfront at the main stage to see their show,
but there was this guy called "Soup Dog" or something just before them,
anyway, it was kind of ok, but at the end of his show, I saw his entourage pulling up lots of hot chicks to go party with him back stage, but yeah, the only girls they pulled up were having sexy tops on, and there I was wearing only one of those lousy red cross shabby XL t-shirts. I mean what's a girl supposed to do ??? :shock: :cry: :cry:
But then I got this totally awesome idea, and I tied a knot into my t-shirt so it was instantly wrapped tight around my breasts and I was showing my sexy belly,
so yeah... guess what ??? They pulled me up as well !!!!!!
OW !
MY !
GOD !!
So here I was, chilling with Soup and his gang, but man, the stuff I saw there...
that was soooooo uncool !!
This guy treated women like shit, I mean, like total SHIT !!!
So after a while, I just had it with his behavior and I went straight up to him and said "hey you, that's not how you treat a lady !!!", but all he said was "hey bitch, that's my life !!!"
so I decided to leave,
but then I realized I didn't have his autograph yet, so I got back to make him sign on my belly !!!
Wasn't that a great idea ???"

When I was able to stop laughing, I replied something like :
well, let me summarize this amazing adventure :
first you see Snoop + crew only pull up girls that show lots of flesh.
then you decide to show some flesh to get pulled up the stage and into the back stage area.
then you are highly shocked by the fact you all get treated like sexy flesh and nothing more.
then you have a huge eureka moment and decide you're gonna tell it to the D-O-double G yourself,
no doubt thinking "that'll teach him", and you are, once again, shocked he doesn't seem to see any problem,
so then you decide to make a statement and leave on the spot,
kind of kudos to you,
however, then you decide you want to go back and make the Dog write his autograph on your own flesh.
Did I understand all of this correct, or is there more political content that I'm missing here ?? :lol: :lol:

old school Hades long post,
but yeah, some stories lose half their value without enough detail. :)
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

Hades wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm
That was amazing!

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Hades wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 pm
ok, must have been around 2005 or something, my dispatch years,
summer time, so students doing summer jobs,
(always funny and a serious annoyance to us regulars at the same time, you know how it is...)

Anyway, one of them was seriously hot,
hot as in.. one of the day people actually got her cell phone number from our system
then started stalking her for weeks... :lol: :lol: :lol:
(poor chap)

at some point she must have heard from some other guy at work that I make music,
so one evening, she's trying to get all "friendly" with me and she tells me how she went to the Rock Werchter festival last year, and how at the time she got in for free because she was working for the red cross at the festival as a volunteer.
If we'd be in a bar, I'd literally start talking in the dumb way she talked,
because honestly... I would be massively falling into eufimisms if I tell you her beauty was inversely proportional to her brains.
(side note : there is nothing that turns me off more than dumb women, and I do mean really dumb. (and for all you politically correct folks : this has nothing to do with gender, cause if I'd be gay, I would be just as much turned off by a dumb guy)) :)

Anyway, her story went something like :
"yeah, I really, really wanted to see The Chemical Brothers, because they are my favorite band like, ever,
cause "Galvanize", that's like, my all time favorite song ever !!!
So yeah, I made sure I was like all the way upfront at the main stage to see their show,
but there was this guy called "Soup Dog" or something just before them,
anyway, it was kind of ok, but at the end of his show, I saw his entourage pulling up lots of hot chicks to go party with him back stage, but yeah, the only girls they pulled up were having sexy tops on, and there I was wearing only one of those lousy red cross shabby XL t-shirts. I mean what's a girl supposed to do ??? :shock: :cry: :cry:
But then I got this totally awesome idea, and I tied a knot into my t-shirt so it was instantly wrapped tight around my breasts and I was showing my sexy belly,
so yeah... guess what ??? They pulled me up as well !!!!!!
OW !
MY !
GOD !!
So here I was, chilling with Soup and his gang, but man, the stuff I saw there...
that was soooooo uncool !!
This guy treated women like shit, I mean, like total SHIT !!!
So after a while, I just had it with his behavior and I went straight up to him and said "hey you, that's not how you treat a lady !!!", but all he said was "hey bitch, that's my life !!!"
so I decided to leave,
but then I realized I didn't have his autograph yet, so I got back to make him sign on my belly !!!
Wasn't that a great idea ???"

When I was able to stop laughing, I replied something like :
well, let me summarize this amazing adventure :
first you see Snoop + crew only pull up girls that show lots of flesh.
then you decide to show some flesh to get pulled up the stage and into the back stage area.
then you are highly shocked by the fact you all get treated like sexy flesh and nothing more.
then you have a huge eureka moment and decide you're gonna tell it to the D-O-double G yourself,
no doubt thinking "that'll teach him", and you are, once again, shocked he doesn't seem to see any problem,
so then you decide to make a statement and leave on the spot,
kind of kudos to you,
however, then you decide you want to go back and make the Dog write his autograph on your own flesh.
Did I understand all of this correct, or is there more political content that I'm missing here ?? :lol: :lol:

old school Hades long post,
but yeah, some stories lose half their value without enough detail. :)
Haha, you seen a lot quite a lot...... this story made me laugh so hard, thank you!!!

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Quality tale Hades :-)

Mono-xID
Uumfääng

Post by Mono-xID »

http://soundcloud.com/monoxid

Behringer = ARTS label of synths

rktic
Utter Cunt

Post by rktic »

Spacing out at the office with these guys

youtu.be/coBQQMxJlSo

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

jordanneke wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:16 pm
youtu.be/PJwt2dxx9yg
fuck me man, I didn't even know there were others here who like and love Joe Jackson.
He's like one of my all time favorite artists.

I just love his song writing skills and his general sense of wit in his lyrics.
(ever heard "Biology", do have a listen if not, hilarious stuff)
Once I saw him playing live and he was using a Roland XV88,
made me somehow proud, haha...
My old trusty XV88, if it's good enough for Joe, it's good enough for everyone... 8-)

here's one for Stace ;) ;)

youtu.be/VtYPZ0cr-Rs

Joe Jackson, my motherfucking piano hero,
I swear one of the best days in my life was when I finally got my hands on some of his sheet music, now almost 20 years ago...

ZenoSupreme
arsehole

Post by ZenoSupreme »

https://youtu.be/BCgjLPKEPBU

so bad, but love it so much... gimmy 90's :D :D :D

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Track on Rinse FM about a man wearing a tracksuit atm.

He describes how much he likes his tracksuit & how he likes his shorty in a tracksuit too.

Years ago it would have been considered a novelty record lol.. alas not today it seems.

Hurrah for progress!!
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Found the track by clipping - The Deep.

It samples Drexciya. Track seems to be about human evolution. Stick with it to the end as there's some great ideas, tempo changes, flow switches & word play , which all get pulled together in the last verses.

Time to get up.

youtu.be/zT1ujfuXFVo
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

still gives me goosebumps after all these years

youtu.be/CSrBmGKLrTQ

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

Wish I was back at that moment where I was walking on the lands of the late Karen Blixen,
building a snowman in may, and preparing dinner to this track:

youtu.be/jWFb5z3kUSQ

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

And I always had a massive admiration for Lebanon.
Suffered a lot more than most of its neighboring countries in the last decades,
nonetheless it still gives shelter to the biggest number of refugees in the whole world (1.1 to 1.5 million are the rough estimates).
It kind of reminds me of what I recently heard a well known comedian say : " I'm Jim Jeffries, and we can all do better" ;)

youtu.be/9W4zAajdHF0

8-)

Trom
Wastedddd

Post by Trom »

Keep coming back to this track, has a bit different but great vibe

youtu.be/B-ZwWivOD7E

nocernoc
unsure

Post by nocernoc »

i've recently been listening to celtic music. i've felt a strong connection with this music ever since i was a young boy. i admit, i don't know much about who's who in the scene but it's always deeply moving when i hear it.

in the midst of my explorations, i stumbled upon a gem that i'd first heard in the sound track to the movie: the hobbit, desolation of smaug. i was blown away by it then, so i was quite happy to find it. it is written and produced by ed sheeran but the version i would like to share with you, is by a group called cletic woman. in fact, there is one other track from the same group which i will follow with the first. both of them are incredible. here they are,

youtu.be/b98ZnlY18DE

youtu.be/wiZJP_XLmrQ

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

nocernoc wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:59 pm
i've recently been listening to celtic music. i've felt a strong connection with this music ever since i was a young boy. i admit, i don't know much about who's who in the scene but it's always deeply moving when i hear it.

in the midst of my explorations, i stumbled upon a gem that i'd first heard in the sound track to the movie: the hobbit, desolation of smaug. i was blown away by it then, so i was quite happy to find it. it is written and produced by ed sheeran but the version i would like to share with you, is by a group called cletic woman. in fact, there is one other track from the same group which i will follow with the first. both of them are incredible. here they are,

youtu.be/b98ZnlY18DE

youtu.be/wiZJP_XLmrQ
pardon me for being critical, these are great singers,
but I wonder how they would sound like if the dry/wet knob on the expensive reverb would be set to 0%

nonetheless, proper stuff. :)

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

because we don't always have to be serious(ly politically correct as fuck),
an old friend of mine just sent me this hilarious video a few days ago...

The guy's 50,
been diagnosed with a rare form of penis cancer just 2 months ago,
been banging a cop's wife for the last 2 years,
been living the true outlaw life for as long as I know him (which is 20+ years)

That stuff did put a true smile on my face...
haha...

youtu.be/HeiSx5MNDvg

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

This is what you think is hot...