Road to WW3

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Road to WW3

Post by Lost to the Void »

samnatur wrote:I'd rather be depressed in my porsche eating lobster than on the streets selling my butthole.

Money doesn't guarantee you happiness but you can be pretty damn sure you're gonna be miserable if you don't have any.
Thats a very materialistic way of looking at it though.
An old school friend of mine, for example, joined up with a hippy commune when we were in our late teens.
At the time we kind of laughed it off.
But he became part of a permaculture collective.
I got back in touch last year and visited the collective down in Devon.
It's amazing, they are self sufficient, grow their own food, make their own clothes, live in wonderful homes built themselves from natural materials, they get water from a stream running through the land, they trade for some materials with local business, they have and use no money, and its kind of a heavenly place, all the kids there are really sweet, very grounded, in touch with themselves. They are pretty much off grid and I completely understand now why he did it all those years ago.

I'm not saying it is a life I could lead, the missus would never be down with that. But you dont have to be a slave to money, nothing of course, is free, monetarily or otherwise.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

Lost to the Void wrote:
samnatur wrote:I'd rather be depressed in my porsche eating lobster than on the streets selling my butthole.

Money doesn't guarantee you happiness but you can be pretty damn sure you're gonna be miserable if you don't have any.
Of course, it depends on how you want to live your life. I know from personal experience how poverty affected my mother and me but she wanted for me to have a good life and an education, to move into a hippie commune was not an option for us - or for majority of people really. Cash rules everything. I could never be a monk. Maybe it is because I was brought up poor but I love money, I want fancy shit, I never had it.

It provokes me alot when rich people say that money can't buy you happiness, bitch you've always had money, what do you know? I'm not talking about you specifically of course, I don't know you but I hope you understand my point.

I'm just saying, if you don't have a roof, if you don't have any food, if you don't have a future, you will be miserable. Money can buy you all of those things.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

samnatur wrote:
It provokes me alot when rich people say that money can't buy you happiness, bitch you've always had money, what do you know? I'm not talking about you specifically of course, I don't know you but I hope you understand my point.

I'm just saying, if you don't have a roof, if you don't have any food, if you don't have a future, you will be miserable. Money can buy you all of those things.
yeah it always pisses me off massively when people who were always born into money are trying to talk about how money won't make you happy.
It's like a priest trying to talk about marriage : what the fuck do you know about it mate ?

I was never poor, but wasn't brought up with money either.
I had a few lucky things happen in my personal life which improved my financial situation
(it basically meant having loved ones die around me, so yeah, that didn't go down well tbh)
and puts me more into a "safe" position compared to most of my peers,
but I am not rich, and my spending budget is for the moment virtually nothing untill I get a new job.

Money will not make you happy at all, absolutely,
but if you don't have any money, you will usually feel miserable most of the times because you spend too much time worrying about money related problems,
unless you really live in some kind of society where money gets you nothing.
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

samnatur wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:

I want fancy shit, I never had it.
Desire is the source of all suffering.
Buddha.

This is materialistic capitalism at it's core.
You are meant to desire stuff.
And the system is designed so that you will always desire that which is just out of your economic reach.
Nothing will ever be enough to fill that empty hole because you are filling it with nothing.

My best mate had next to nothing when I met him.
He wasn't my best mate at that point.
I met him at one of our squat parties back in the day.

Basically his wife had an affair, engineered things so he never got to see his kids when they separated, it hurt him and he lost the plot.
He left his busineshimdrank, and basically eende up (he was from the north east of england) in London, with no money, no place to live, and a bag of clothes. He was haphazardly moving within the squatters of london, which was fraught with serious destituion, drugs and despair.
That is pretty much where I met him.
We became friends, he had a very ompelling personality, there was something about him, and I helped him find his own squat, and through friends in the community, made sure he was left alone.
From that point on he turned a burned out horror house into an amazing place.
Over a year he managed to carpet it, install a washing machine, working power shower, bath, cooker, fridge, freezer, even a fucking dish washer. Furnishings.
All scavenged and fixed with no money.
His mindset changed over time, he had no money but he became happy.
All his food he got through bin diving, "only the best" he used to say, from the waste bins behind waitrose and marks and spencer.
His happiness came from his self reliance. He was off grid, poor, and yet wealthy.
He built up solid friendships, he rebuilt himself.
Eventually he got work through the stable address, got back to education.
Now he works as the fucking financial manager for a bespoke perfumer in Mayfair, London, home of the uber riche, and has full contact and a loving relationship with his estranged kids again.
I could literally not be more proud of anyone I have ever met in my life, and it is a true honour to call that man my friend. He is a true example of inner strength and growth.

I'm not saying money isn't useful, it can buy you security, but security is not necessarily happiness.
New Shit

samnatur
sad bastard

Post by samnatur »

Lost to the Void wrote:Desire is the source of all suffering.
Buddha.
That is true, I agree.

But desire has also taken us to the stars, made us build ships to explore the earth, made us cure cancer, made us make delicious meals to enjoy, given us discipline to better ourselves every day, made us build machines that make great sounds for us to get down to and et cetera.

There is suffering in desire, absolutely, but there is also happiness. Or more accurately, the results of desire are often happiness.

Life is suffering. Buddha basically wanted to kill himself but I wanna live man, I got fun stuff to do.

And to do that I need money.

ashley BORG
Small Penis

Post by ashley BORG »

A bit like pride being considered one if the 7 sins. I suppose it's all to do with context.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

samnatur wrote:
Lost to the Void wrote:Desire is the source of all suffering.
Buddha.
That is true, I agree.

But desire has also taken us to the stars, made us build ships to explore the earth, made us cure cancer, made us make delicious meals to enjoy, given us discipline to better ourselves every day, made us build machines that make great sounds for us to get down to and et cetera.

There is suffering in desire, absolutely, but there is also happiness. Or more accurately, the results of desire are often happiness.

Life is suffering. Buddha basically wanted to kill himself but I wanna live man, I got fun stuff to do.

And to do that I need money.
Now your confusing curiosity with desire.
New Shit

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

samnatur wrote: But desire has also taken us to the stars, ... made us cure cancer and et cetera.
urmmm, no.
mankind has found a way to cure cancer once in a while,
depending on which kind, and what age you have, and blablabla

but the "desire" of mankind has also just made us develop lots more stuff on this planet which just gives us more cancer...

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I don`t think desire made anyone cure cancer either, it would be empathy driving sympathy, or curiosity driving research.
New Shit

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Mslwte wrote:Does anyone else believe this? Because it looks as though its all coming to fruition.

youtu.be/HP7L8bw5QF4
Hmm might be worth watching this again eh?
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Yep.
I've got an oxy-acet welding torch.
I'm ready to weld metal plates and spikes to a car, put on some road leathers and live a Mad Max world. Bring it on.
New Shit

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

What an utterly Shit state of affairs. People keep saying that the Russians can't compete with America, which is true. but what if their bestie China backs them up?
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

They don't want a WW again,
they prefer local wars and the rest of us slaving away and consuming.
Biggest export product of Belgium aren't smurfs or "French" fries,
it's guns.

It's more the environmental issues I worry about.

I don't believe for a single second Trump will get elected for example.
He's just a puppet like Hilary Clinton is,
except he's such a hilarious figure that when stupid Hilary finally gets elected,
we'd all get fooled into thinking "aahhhhhh, for once, the good guys won" :lol:
it's all such a charade. :roll: :)

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Hmm

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

yeah, guess I certainly got that Trump bit wrong...

lauren
Pig

Post by lauren »

even he didnt expect to get elected lmao, you see those pictures of him on election night/meeting obama in the white house?

intrusav
Rolf Harris

Post by intrusav »

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Shit with Russia getting more intense.

China and Russia are starting a gold backed currency.

Interesting times.
New Shit

0dd
Get in the back of the van

Post by 0dd »

I tend to ignore politics in general and I was kinda oblivious to the whole current situation. I've just watched the 1 minute white house talk with journalists or whatever it is and all I can say is WOW! Is it possible? Are people really that stupid? That ignorant? Allowing this joke of a government? Do we even deserve to exist, letting these kinds of assholes run the beauty of the human civilisation? WOW!!!! Mom please flush it all away..
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". Aldous Huxley

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

nah man, it's totally cool.
Some über-rich just fuck bought a massive pile of atomic shelters, AK47's, F-35's, and tons of other shit I never even heard of, so now he's gotta make us all live in fear to get rid of his silly overstock.

Don't panic just because our leaders are a bunch of puppets in the hands of...
well, remember that guy with the overstock ?