New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
Hades
Shit Eater
Re: New members say hello...

Post by Hades »

kartan wrote:Hi I'm Hans!

Sorry for the production question without presenting myself, didn't know where to do it..

I've been making techno for 8 years now, slowly started with Delsin style techno and now I'm more and more into
Marcelus kind of stuff out of the classic 4/4 kick hi-hat combo, trying to dive in more complex rhythmic and
grooves!

I'm mostly working in the box and trying to achieve a live set at the moment.

Cheers to you all and I hope i'll be able to give some hints on topics!
with a name like Hans I presume you speak Dutch/Flemish or German ?

welcome man.
Any music we can listen to ?
Sin cambios no hay mariposa

kartan
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by kartan »

Hades wrote:
kartan wrote:Hi I'm Hans!

Sorry for the production question without presenting myself, didn't know where to do it..

I've been making techno for 8 years now, slowly started with Delsin style techno and now I'm more and more into
Marcelus kind of stuff out of the classic 4/4 kick hi-hat combo, trying to dive in more complex rhythmic and
grooves!

I'm mostly working in the box and trying to achieve a live set at the moment.

Cheers to you all and I hope i'll be able to give some hints on topics!
with a name like Hans I presume you speak Dutch/Flemish or German ?

welcome man.
Any music we can listen to ?

Hallo!

Yup I speak german! Sure I'll post the tracks I'm working on as soon as it's ready, where should I post it?

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

kartan wrote: Hallo!

Yup I speak german! Sure I'll post the tracks I'm working on as soon as it's ready, where should I post it?
just put a SC link in your signature.
and then there's always the members tracks part for posting new tracks.

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Hades wrote:
here's a little update from the private subsekt meet :
me having to get up at 8AM to attend breakfast for Shidzo and his mrs before they left to A'dam for a day, and while I'm waiting for Prophän to wake up, I'm watching old Steffi Graf games...
I've been sick for days (nothing special, just a stubborn fucker though),
but in the last 4 days I skipped 1 entire night, and slept a maximum of 4 hours the other nights,
while I'm the oldest fuck of the 3.
Them young ones man, I tell ya, when it comes to proper sleep deprivation, they ain't worth shit. ;)
They probably need to get some kids before they truly learn to survive with little sleep if needed.
I actually have more sleep and more peace when my kids are here (they're at my parents for a week now) than at the moment, but it's totally worth it ! :)
Well, me cheeky motherfucker took advantage of the fact that I was on holiday and actually able to sleep in a little bit for the first time in months :P The point is, a) why the fuck are you watching old Steffi Graf games :D and b) you could have been in the studio instead producing a banger in a German efficient manner ;) :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SHIDZO wrote:
Hades wrote:
me having to get up at 8AM to attend breakfast for Shidzo and his mrs before they left to A'dam for a day, and while I'm waiting for Prophän to wake up, I'm watching old Steffi Graf games...
but in the last 4 days I skipped 1 entire night, and slept a maximum of 4 hours the other nights,
Them young ones man, I tell ya, when it comes to proper sleep deprivation, they ain't worth shit. ;)
They probably need to get some kids before they truly learn to survive with little sleep if needed.
I actually have more sleep and more peace when my kids are here (they're at my parents for a week now) than at the moment, but it's totally worth it ! :)
Well, me cheeky motherfucker took advantage of the fact that I was on holiday and actually able to sleep in a little bit for the first time in months :P The point is, a) why the fuck are you watching old Steffi Graf games :D and b) you could have been in the studio instead producing a banger in a German efficient manner ;) :mrgreen:
because I forgot how much I used to love watching tennis games, tbh.
I didn't watch tv for 21+ years, but in my teenage years, I watched a lot of women's tennis,
and I loved it (forget men's tennis though, fucking boring).
And I totally forgot how Monica Seles got stabbed by a Graf fan, how great that one Hingis vs Graf game was because Hingis literally couldn't stand losing and behaved like a bitch till the whole crowd started booing her (which very rarely happens in a "sophisticated" sport like tennis, they're not exactly football hooligans)
It was pure nostalgia watching that again.

And you know I normally don't do bangers anyway. :mrgreen:

SHIDZO
pregnant

Post by SHIDZO »

Hades wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:
Hades wrote:
because I forgot how much I used to love watching tennis games, tbh.
I didn't watch tv for 21+ years, but in my teenage years, I watched a lot of women's tennis,
and I loved it (forget men's tennis though, fucking boring).
And I totally forgot how Monica Seles got stabbed by a Graf fan, how great that one Hingis vs Graf game was because Hingis literally couldn't stand losing and behaved like a bitch till the whole crowd started booing her (which very rarely happens in a "sophisticated" sport like tennis, they're not exactly football hooligans)
It was pure nostalgia watching that again.

And you know I normally don't do bangers anyway. :mrgreen:
Really? Tennis is for me like watching paint dry... Admit it, you like the girls moaning ;) Well, I meant a banger in your way :)

arkos

Post by arkos »

SHIDZO wrote:
Really? Tennis is for me like watching paint dry... Admit it, you like the girls moaning ;) Well, I meant a banger in your way :)
That's and their short skirts are the only reason to watch women's tennis :twisted: :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

arkos wrote:
SHIDZO wrote:
That's and their short skirts are the only reason to watch women's tennis :twisted: :mrgreen:
Actually, I always hated tennis players moaning.
Though I'll admit I hated the guys moaning a lot more... :lol:

But yeah, lift those skirts up and...

I remember a few months back I went jogging,
there's like 2 tennis courts in the middle of our local sports area where the jogging track goes around...
Just the lovely sight whenever I passed made me run at least an extra 3km... :D

arkos

Post by arkos »

Hades wrote:

there's like 2 tennis courts in the middle of our local sports area where the jogging track goes around...

:lol: :lol: Motivation eyh ? Good one going out for a run mate, I can't believe it but I'm actually going to the gym :shock:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

arkos wrote:
Hades wrote:

:lol: :lol: Motivation eyh ? Good one going out for a run mate, I can't believe it but I'm actually going to the gym :shock:
I'm actually in this state where I would LOVE to go to the gym,
but I'm still in my last few shit days of recovering from that stupid bad ass cold, so yeah, going now would just spread it around my body for another week...

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Helloooow

I am the rabbit, my rabbithole is in germany.

Twiggling on music since.. i dont knoow.. a long time, maybe 6 years.
After sleeping all the time in school (decades ago), i am now making some progress in music theory since a year or so.
Stuff sounds better and better, so i hope to find some deep in- and output here.

Last year i decided to play only with analogue stuff, bought some elektrons and started my mini modular rack.
Nice learning curve since then, of course - especially regarding synthesis!
However, some weeks ago i decided to BUY ableton after using it four or five years.. hmm you knoooow.. the not so kindly way 8-)

Anyway.. lets keep this short.

Happy to be here and after reading through a loooot of topics, i think it will be a nice thingy.
You cunts.
:mrgreen:
over.

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

hello killer rabbit cunt !!
welcome to subsekt.

any place where we can check out your music ??

rabbit
Unfriended

Post by rabbit »

Hades wrote:hello killer rabbit cunt !!
welcome to subsekt.
Thanks!
Hades wrote: any place where we can check out your music ??
Not yet, but soon. Just starting to get my stuff at least into the arrangement/rough mixdown.
over.

reda
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by reda »

Hi Guys!

My name is Reda, i'm Moroccan, but i live in Italy..
I'm a poor worker and a failed marketing student :mrgreen:
I started to play as a dj maybe 8 years ago and in the 2014 i bought my first sampler, then i fell in love with hardware machines and synthesizers...
I can't define myself producer, because i'm still looking for my own style, my own identity.Today i'm trying to improve my self in music production, day by day, without boundries... and i hope to give soon my own contribution!
I'm very happy to be here Guys!
P.s.
Sorry for my wrong english, but today Google translator is not working well 8-)

Reda

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

it's quite ok, I can't really speak for the others here,
but me, myself, I'm quite used to mediocre English from a certain other Moroccan member here,
all he does is say "nnnnnnzzzzzzzzzz" all the time,
and first thing he does when he arrived in Belgium is look for the nearest kebab place (believe it or not)...

however, do get in touch with him,
he throws some mean parties in Rabat,
and he's got the best goats in town !

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

now, in case you didn't get that I was (partly) joking,
because hey... we live in such "ow my, I need to get insulted because you were 5 seconds politically incorrect right there" times... ;) ;)

Here's his SC page :

https://soundcloud.com/prophan303

And yes, even though I had lots of food prepared,
the man was just craving for a kebab as soon as he got here a few weeks ago.
:)

(and the goat thing is a running gag between me and him, I'm just waiting for him to chime in on this...)

reda
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by reda »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the advice! I'm gonna do it!
Don't worry i'm not so touchy :)and i love your sentence '' If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ''
It already explains what kind of person you are! :)

SFBM
&roid

Post by SFBM »

reda wrote:Hi Guys!

My name is Reda, i'm Moroccan, but i live in Italy..
I'm a poor worker and a failed marketing student :mrgreen:
I started to play as a dj maybe 8 years ago and in the 2014 i bought my first sampler, then i fell in love with hardware machines and synthesizers...
I can't define myself producer, because i'm still looking for my own style, my own identity.Today i'm trying to improve my self in music production, day by day, without boundries... and i hope to give soon my own contribution!
I'm very happy to be here Guys!
P.s.
Sorry for my wrong english, but today Google translator is not working well 8-)

Reda
Welcome!

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

reda wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for the advice! I'm gonna do it!
Don't worry i'm not so touchy :)and i love your sentence '' If you can't laugh with yourself, someone else should do it for you ''
It already explains what kind of person you are! :)
why thank you for your genuine sense of humor. ;)
(you'll do just fine over here)
I remember saying that line once in one of my very first posts on subsekt years ago.

I used to have a quote from Henri Matisse in my sig,
wait, it's this one :

but I recently changed it...
things are seriously getting out of control in our current society,
and humor is a fucking must,
the more politically wrong, the better ! :mrgreen:

Hades
Shit Eater

Post by Hades »

SFBM wrote: Welcome!