New members say hello...

General Chat // Music Discussion
yarr123
Interact. Don't Spam.
Re: New members say hello...

Post by yarr123 »

Hey everyone!

My name is Markus, been lurking around here for a while but I've been meaning to join the discussion and be an active member. So here goes!

So I used to be one of those purists who would only listen to rock and scoffed at anything "machine made" . I've played in several bands over the years (and still do) and have a decent foundation in writing, playing and recording music. But never all that seriously. Then I met one of my best friends who used to DJ as a living and he got me hooked with the music and the raves and whatnot (didn't know what I was missing lol, all I needed was a decent night out). I started DJing a couple years ago, soon started playing in our private parties and later in a some underground events. Now, 6 months ago, I started producing. I feel like I grasped the basics very quickly because of my background. Now trying to improve everyday. And thanks (???) for the lockdown and being out of work I have plenty of time to learn music production. My goal is to improve quickly and make some bangers for others and myself to enjoy :)

Oh and my favorite types of electronic music are melodic (ethereal) techno, progressive house and tech house!

tldr;
Relative noob to music production, not so much to writing music. Love me some good techno.

yun
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by yun »

Hello, I'm new here. Came for the tips, hopefully gonna stick around and contribute to some discussion. Been producing for a few years on and off but not with any great passion as I always played in bands as a bass player (electric or upright). Have spent the last few months setting up a space to record in my new house and currently enjoying the time afforded to me by the UK lockdown in experimenting with what kinds of sounds I can create. I find myself drawn to more hypnotic stuff and also breaks infused stuff. Mainly just looking to have fun creating and looking forward to the journey and time when I feel what I have created is up to scratch enough to release. Anyway, cheers! Rory

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Not a new member but decided I'd run with a new username...
Been off the subsekt radar for a while due to a pretty strange twist of life events over the last couple of years. Hope to check in here again more regularly. Hope all the subsekt heads are keeping well ..

IMPULZ-Lab
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by IMPULZ-Lab »

Hy everyone. Hope you are doing well and happy to join you ! We are a French electronic music label. See you :)

ViolentInt
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by ViolentInt »

Heya,

My name's Aidas, I'm from Lithuania. Been lurking on this forum for a while now. This forum is a really great substitute for friends, who are into electronic music production, as sad as it sounds. I come from a metal and rock environment, all of my musician friends are around that area of music, so I practically know one or two people, who are into EDM production.

Regarding electronic music, I'm mostly into industrial, aggressive sounds, IDM, experimental stuff, but I don't shut myself off from other genres in any way. If it sounds good, it's good. I do have preferences though.

I've been playing drums and guitar since I was a teenager.

I've been learning ableton and mixing for about 2 years now, starting to understand lots of stuff, but there's much to learn. I have a soundcloud (Violent Intentions), but I don't post there anymore (fucks with the quality of audio too much), used it for uploading and checking with my friends for some feedback; all of the tracks were never properly mixed, so they're a pile of mud. I'm way better at mixing now, but I'm yet to finish a proper track, which I'd listen to myself. Haven't finished anything in like a year or something.

My gear is: laptop, DT770 Pro 250ohm and, for the time of containment, an akai eie pro (borrowed from our DIY studio). Planning to buy an Audient iD14 this month.

This place is the shit for finding inspiration or clues on what you want to learn. I hope to actually become part of this community step by step, rather than be a passive reader. Sorry for the long text.

darkinprg
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by darkinprg »

Hey all,
seems like i did not introduced myself...

So hello, my name is Michael. I come and live in Prague.
I make techno and other tech sounding stuff.... over 15+ yrs. Was also djing, and making parties but now i only tweak knobs...
I was lucky enough to "grow up online" with Grovka, Luka, Lag, Charlton and other great guys, ... meet or played with all my heroes like Surki, Regis, P Damage, IK, Mak...

I run two digi labels
Transporta Records: https://transportarecords.bandcamp.com/
and from Jan 2020 free label TMA Records: http://tma-records.bandcamp.com/

cheers
M.

DannyZesta
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by DannyZesta »

Hello.

Im Danny! Im into techno of all flavors but mostly digging stuff like Testpilot, Boris Brejcha, Cirez D these days. Just starting off producing in general, lockdown has me learnign new skills including this. I usually do lighting for Nightclubs and concerts so its fun to poke around behind the hood and see how the other side does it.
Cheers

berrow
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by berrow »

Hello.

Im Jack, Into House & Techno of many sub genres, but currently producing Tech house. Have been lurking around for a while and love the activity on this forum & discussion of production as i don't have an awful lot of people i can discuss production with!

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

berrow wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm
don't have an awful lot of people i can discuss production with!
Hi Jack, I suspect it's the same for a lot of us, bit of a niche thing in the real world so unless you live in a heavily populated area and go searching people out with similar interests you're knackered really - which is why we end up on forums.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:44 am
berrow wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:19 pm
don't have an awful lot of people i can discuss production with!
Hi Jack, I suspect it's the same for a lot of us, bit of a niche thing in the real world so unless you live in a heavily populated area and go searching people out with similar interests you're knackered really - which is why we end up on forums.
Well yeah, that is one of the reasons why the forum started in the first place! Welcome to the forum Jack.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Lardossa
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Lardossa »

Been lurking for a while on and off. Found the techno production amazing over the last few days. Have noticed that the forum seems quite quiet these days however. Hoping it's just a minor blip as it seems a really nice environment to learn.

I'm from Glasgow and been messing about with production on Ableton for a while now with no real results which leads to me doubting myself. But threads like the above always give me the hunger to continue learning again.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome man! Glad to see you registering & stopping by to say a few words.

Aye, it's a great place. Think people are busy AF atm. Between C19, work & the kids (+missus) being at home 24/7.. 'normal' life is out the window fir the foreseeable 😆

Don't doubt yourself man. Keep going. Work the puzzles out 👍
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

dokterdoink
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by dokterdoink »

Hey gang,

My name is Illiya, I make hard/industrial?/ravey? techno;
https://soundcloud.com/illiya-korniyenko
I've been having some succes here and there as well as working on a couple decently sized projects for known underground labels so that's going great.

I joined this forum because I like talking with other producers, exchanging ideas, doing feedback etc. Mainly because the techno-production subreddit is pretty lackluster. I hope I'll get to check out lots of your tracks and maybe you guys could check out mine :)

Anyway, glad to be here.
Rhythms driven by machine logic :twisted: www.illiyakorniyenko.bandcamp.com

GammaDecay
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by GammaDecay »

Hi everyone,

nice to be here!
My name is Stefan and I've been producing / making electronic music for the past 12 years und various aliases and projects.
I filled some soundcloud accounts, you can have a listen here:
https://soundcloud.com/the-komplex
https://soundcloud.com/user-359055243

"Gamma Decay" is my actual project / alias where I plan to put out some late 90s / early 00s inspired Techno.
More to come when it's done.I mainly produce music for myself and so don't expect too much.

I am glad to be here and join the club ;)

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

It's been a while since I said hello on this.

Hello. :D

Welcome to all the new members

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

Hello new members!

Uija
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Uija »

Hey!

;TLDR: Hey, I am Jens, 43 from Germany and I try to produce electronic musics (with a lot 4otf) in my spare time.

My name is Jens, I am current 43 years old and spent tons of time on goa and d'n'b/jungle parties back in the 90th.
Currently I mostly listen to old school psytrance/goa, simple, sometimes minimal techno and some hip hop.
Made Music my hole live, mostly Rock playing drums, bass and a little guitar. I played around with software synths over the years too, but never got into producing electronic music myself, mostly because I didn't get, how this synthesizers worked and didn't like presets most of the times.
Last year I bought a Minilogue XD in hope to get into synthesis by playing around with buttons instead of a mouse, and damn, that opened pandoras box!
I am quite sure, you heard that a lot, but I found out, that I am way more productive OTB then ITB, so I collected a "few" hardware pieces (Miniloge XD, Blofeld, Hydrasynth, 303 clone, TR8-S, 1010 Blackbox and tried out tons of grooveboxes/sequencers). After spending tons of time OTB jamming and producing an endless amount of 4 to 16 bar loops, I got frustrated with myself, the tools that I had and the missing ways to arrange. While projecting it all on tools and ignoring the obvious I had more or less every sequencer groovebox that is easy to obtain (Deluge, Akai Force, Digitakt/Digitone, Squarp Pyramid, to name few) until I realized, that I was so hardwired on that OTB thing, that I ignored the obvious so much.
Today my workflow is mostly: Jamming/Playing around on Hardware until I have a bunch of bars, that I am happy with (still am way more into doing this OTB, as I tend to loose interest in the process inside a DAW way to quick) and switch over to Ableton to Arrange it, enhance it and mix it ITB.

That said: I have a full time job and am quite happy with that, and while I might release songs, I see myself as a hobbyist, that has fun creating music. I don't see myself as a music producer with the goal to release music and have it played on dancefloors.
I have some people that I send my track. Some of those always reply with celebration (good for my ego) and some with extremly helpful critique (that hopefully leads to better songs) but I miss people giving technical feedback. Maybe I can settle here, and find that here ;-)

Uh, and I already spend tons of time, browsing through the threads here, learning tons of interesting stuff! Thanks already for that!

Thanks, Jens

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Welcome Jens! Good to see you. Thanks for getting involved 🙂👍
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Ostbahnhof
Interact. Don't Spam.

Post by Ostbahnhof »

ist it a miracle? my account finally has been aproved :-)

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Mslwte »

Ostbahnhof wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:07 pm
ist it a miracle? my account finally has been aproved :-)
Hi Ostbahnhof! We have an automatic activation system in place but for some reason some registrations don't go through. Same with Jens above.
I had to manually activate both of your accounts.
But you're here now, so welcome :D
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....