General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Howdy -Long time no see

Post by Lost to the Void »

borg wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:58 pm
I just realized I only posted once last year... Didn't really mean to leave the place (did check quite regularly though), but it was just a decision to try and have more taste of real life. I didn't have the best of times the last five years (hey, but who has???), so after climbing out of this depression, I felt I needed to change some things.
Have been out more this year than the previous ten combined.
Anyhow, this has been a pivotal year for me! In September 2021 I decided to leave the life of a theatre engineer after 20 years. 30th of June was my last day, and that's when I did my first live set in more than 20 years, just for friends and colleagues. Everyone, including myself had a blast! Had so much fun and adrenalin! My workmates had turned our smallest venue into a proper club as to my wishes: dark, minimal but tasteful lights, smoke and oldskool soundsystem (some old MeyerSound MTSs and subs).
Fell into a black hole after that. The season had been super busy due to corona postponed performances being squeezed into the regular program, and on top of that my own set. So mid July I realized that my new life had just started and first things first: Home improvement! Ha!! Yeah, it's the running gag around here, but I started three years ago, dividing the house into compartments and tearing stuff down, but then got into that depression, and corona,... I got lucky finding a decent, cheap and readily available plasterer, and that forced my to dive in. So much has happened in five weeks (electricity, some plumbing, reviving old wooden flooring,..., painting), just only needing a new linoleum floor for kitchen/dining room, and a new kitchen, just for kicks as savings are worth nothing nowadays. I have been living just fine in only a quarter of my house the last three years, that I don't know what to do with the space. I'm convinced I'll be selling in a few years time and go Tiny House when legislation has caught up.

I'll be starting a training as bike engineer in a few weeks...

No more music since the live gig, doing an improv with my two new toys (LXR2 and ZenDelay) for my 50th, this Friday. I only unpacked them and had one go, but these are so much fun and hands on. Steve, you've always wanted a hardware MicroTonic? The LXR2 is as close as it gets, imho...

In a nutshell...
LXR2 is on my list, I have to sell my Deluge and get an MPC force first.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Hello guys, long time no see eh?

Glad to know that even with hard times most people are still here :D
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

mainst09 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Ay nice seeing you again :D have you been renovating anything lately?

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Amøbe wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:39 pm
mainst09 wrote:

:lol: :lol: I wish because that would mean I would have my own house which is a fucking nightmare to get one here in cambridge.
Just been surviving really, got a new job at the hospital and music wise I just basically gave up, I have no interest anymore in doing music I get bored easily and can't make anything decent so yeah...

What about you?
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

mainst09 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:42 pm
Amøbe wrote:
mainst09 wrote:

:lol: :lol: I wish because that would mean I would have my own house which is a fucking nightmare to get one here in cambridge.
Just been surviving really, got a new job at the hospital and music wise I just basically gave up, I have no interest anymore in doing music I get bored easily and can't make anything decent so yeah...

What about you?
well we are renovating our apartment at the moment, so I have like two square meters and a bed to hang out on :lol:

Sorry to hear about no interest in music - I liked what you made, so I hope it comes back again <3

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

mainst09 wrote:
Amøbe wrote:
mainst09 wrote:

What about you?
PEEEEEDDDDDRRRROOOOOOOOOO!

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

Amøbe wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:57 pm
mainst09 wrote:
Amøbe wrote:

What about you?
well we are renovating our apartment at the moment, so I have like two square meters and a bed to hang out on :lol:

Sorry to hear about no interest in music - I liked what you made, so I hope it comes back again <3

hahahah at least you have a bad :D
Voices From Cindy's Cunt

mainst09
Traits

Post by mainst09 »

jordanneke wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:51 am
mainst09 wrote:
Amøbe wrote:

What about you?
PEEEEEDDDDDRRRROOOOOOOOOO!
JJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRDAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN
Voices From Cindy's Cunt