Alec Baldwin

General Chat // Music Discussion
Críoch
subsekt
subsekt
Alec Baldwin

Post by Críoch »

Man.. random news or what. Awful tragedy for the poor woman's family & Alec himself.

Feel very sorry for all involved. Guess you never know what is ahead. Total tragedy.

Makes you wonder wtf is going on with these prop guns. Read this morn on an American site that it was a live round.. which has just been confirmed. Still find it hard to believe. Unreal.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Mslwte
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Alec Baldwin

Post by Mslwte »

My wife mentioned this earlier. Has Alec gone on a mad one or has someone tucked him up? Very strange thing to happen nonetheless.
https://soundcloud.com/mslwte
https://noizefacilityrecords.bandcamp.com
https://www.instagram.com/subsekt909
https://www.facebook.com/subsekt909/
Lost to the Void wrote:Fuck off, get some tequila down ya neck and make some noise you cunt....

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

More details would be cool. Awful news.

Seen some trump supporters saying that it was Karma for him doing the SNL impressions. That must be why, eh?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Críoch wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:30 pm
Man.. random news or what. Awful tragedy for the poor woman's family & Alec himself.

Feel very sorry for all involved. Guess you never know what is ahead. Total tragedy.

Makes you wonder wtf is going on with these prop guns. Read this morn on an American site that it was a live round.. which has just been confirmed. Still find it hard to believe. Unreal.
I`ve been talking about this with my brother in law.
There aren`t many armourers in the film biz, so news spreads around that community quick.
It`s a monumental fuckup. One of the main issues is that you can use prop/blank guns in the US without an armourer on site. Just a prop person with a certificate and good to go (But we all know about the US gun problem).
Shocking.
He`s heard some detailed juice about it, I can`t mention it publicly but it`s a major fuckup, worse than the Brandon Lee fiasco from years back.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

orchard
quasi-public

Post by orchard »

Knowing the US they’ll ban films :roll:

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Yeah the term 'blanks' implies that they're fairly innocuous, but that's not the case.

There was an actor back in 1984 who was goofing around between takes and put a prop gun with only one round in it to his temple, emulating Russian Roulette. When he pulled the trigger the blast was enough to shatter his skull and he died a few days later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon-Erik_Hexum
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Well it's all out in public now so I can mention what I heard this morning from my bro in law (he's an armourer, one of the best in the biz, ex special forces, takes it very seriously).

General safety on set was awful working conditions awful, there were already two problematic blank misfires in the film shoot. There was no armourer only a prop master (as mentioned, US regs are dumb), crew walked out night before the final incident, production hired non union replacements, blank gun was loaded with live round, woman got killed.

Already there is talk of banning live fire guns on set.

Shouldn't effect my brother in law as they operate in South Africa (where loads of movies are shot these days), and despite having access to unimaginably insane levels of firepower, they do it proper.
On my next visit he's going to let me fire an auto-cannon.
I'm not into guns at all, but.... Gotta have a go of that.
New Shit

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

God.. whole thing sounds like a mess.

You have to put a certain amount of trust in professionals hands at the end of the day & if its simply a case of a fatal error on their part (rather than Baldwin 'messing' about with a gun), then it's a nightmare that lives were taken & destroyed as a result.

From the few details released.. it would seem.like Alec was told all was checked out & safe.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Exactly, that's what my bro said.
Baldwin trusts whatever the alleged professional tells him to do.
It sounds like they weren't even covering the basics of on set gun safety. As far as he was concerned the gun was cleared and safe.
Even if he checked the breach etc before firing, he wouldn't know the round was live. Only that it was loaded.
Imagine killing someone with no intention.
I mean yes sympathy first and foremost for her family etc. But he has to live with the fact he pointed a gun and someone and killed them.
PTSD time.
New Shit

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

I remember back in 1992 when we used to play soldiers with the cadets at school. Blanks from an army issue SA-80 would blast a coin sized hole through a sleeping roll, and also deafen you. I'm totally not surprised that a blank could kill.

Guns are no joke, but letting people have them is.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Críoch wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:34 am
God.. whole thing sounds like a mess.

You have to put a certain amount of trust in professionals hands at the end of the day & if its simply a case of a fatal error on their part (rather than Baldwin 'messing' about with a gun), then it's a nightmare that lives were taken & destroyed as a result.

From the few details released.. it would seem.like Alec was told all was checked out & safe.
The first, and I mean first, instinct when picking up a gun is to point it at someone. It's weird.

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

jordanneke wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:39 pm
I remember back in 1992 when we used to play soldiers with the cadets at school. Blanks from an army issue SA-80 would blast a coin sized hole through a sleeping roll, and also deafen you. I'm totally not surprised that a blank could kill.

But it wasn't a blank...or am I wrong?

I actually found it funny when I first heard it on the radio news for some reason, and for a little while afterwards. I think it was purely because it was so bizarre...

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Fucked up... And for what... You can never really know though it is a tragedy for sure.
how far do you want to go

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

subvers^v wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:45 pm
jordanneke wrote:
Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:39 pm

But it wasn't a blank...or am I wrong?

I actually found it funny when I first heard it on the radio news for some reason, and for a little while afterwards. I think it was purely because it was so bizarre...
Yeah same here
And its only the fact, that a hollywood star killed someone, that makes this tragedy go public. People die in the mediterenean sea almost every day and not many care
And i do by no means say that this is not a tragedy that this camera person got killed
Guns should be banned

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

So it turns out it was not only a live round, but the revolver was fully loaded with live rounds.
"Armourer" had fully loaded weapon, assistant director took the weapon and gave it to Baldwin. Bang.
It could have been much worse if he continued to pull the trigger.
The only person on set to touch a working weapon should be the armourer and the performer and live rounds should absolutely never be on set, even in the US.

This is actually starting to get sinister.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

I'm beginning to think we may get a report of this guy being seen walking away from the set prior to action being called.
hitman-3-chongqing-edit-1611055380.jpg
hitman-3-chongqing-edit-1611055380.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 6053 times
New Shit

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:25 pm
So it turns out it was not only a live round, but the revolver was fully loaded with live rounds.
"Armourer" had fully loaded weapon, assistant director took the weapon and gave it to Baldwin. Bang.
It could have been much worse if he continued to pull the trigger.
The only person on set to touch a working weapon should be the armourer and the performer and live rounds should absolutely never be on set, even in the US.

This is actually starting to get sinister.
Very much so, a lot of disgruntled people involved leading up to it, all concerning safety...

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

And just when you thought the Trump family couldn't stoop any lower.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/alec-baldwin- ... 52384.html
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.