How to set up a life that's doable, in a world like this

General Chat // Music Discussion
tsaro
Lifer
Re: How to set up a life that's doable, in a world like this

Post by tsaro »

Thanks...really appreciate how you can get with this... Miss that shit to no end really....

Might be that energy also gets pent up somewhere if you cant freak the fuck out every once in a while....i mean spacing out and tripping balls is always an option...but..Need the release....thanks for being cool about this freakshow, though I can get with it if all this might also seem mildly entertaining from your angle xD
how far do you want to go

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

I could really do with getting out into the country and getting sideways with mushrooms, both physical and mental space expansion. Give the brain a good scrub and rinse.

The accelerated madness going in the world right now seems to have put this universal pressure on general emotions. I see people losing their temper a lot more just out and about. It's weird. And being in a capital city cranks up the tension a bit more.

I really haven't had a chance to depressurise properly since the pandemic kicked off. I need to get the fuck out of London for a bit.
Anyone else live in a big city? It's definitely been a high pressure environment in london.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Yeah mushrooms are pretty sweet if you have a chill environment to do them. Always had to watch out for mixing it though....where you land or take off to...

Once slept in a huge sewer pip on a construction site (in a stack) head just at the right angle....and tripping on the clear night sky... The things you can see there.... And setting yourself up for a direction before going in, thinking about how we're basically stardust or any other cool observation.... What else could you wish for right there....

Did meet this guy a few weeks back who had this 1 epic party he said with a group of mates in a park surrounded by a wooded area, they hung up a large tarp and it started pouring, they partied till they dropped, no cops, nothing.... He thought they just didn't patrol because of the weather,The rain probably also blocked out sound so no one complained.... I think that was 1 lucky strike that's gonna be hard to repeat...

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

I"ll throw this in here, 15 yr old track that represents somewhat like what I am/was trying to escape, when I made it life was too intense, pressure not letting up, barely getting by.........yeah, no too full on grating toomuch energy no way to escape the reality that it gets too tiring, irritating that the vibe doesn't shift enough, the whole deal....

Dragging this in here as an example of how that might feel, that's also why I originally made it...(no breakdown, no cool switchup no fills and little places where theres extra attention paid to polishing this or that lol [edit] also when it goes on for too long it will almost seem like a default state that you better have to deal with, no nice callbacks built in at all etc) so then it comes down to letting the pressure off somewhat intelligently....when I say cathartic, the place it comes from....the will to keep going whatever the cost, but then you will have to factor in the basics or you will get one direction only to have no way back anymore....but what if the alternative would be to give up.. if you can steer it out the way correctly until you run out of steam... there might be a patch behind you that seems like it was...cleared....only then you're going backward again....see when you try to expand your level of planning, but there are too many things to control at once of course...you could call even just attempting that insane....but I call repressed people insane, isn't that something. Just wanting to claim an existence without much fuss or people even trying to fuck with that little plan, come on. why can;t you just leave things be....ok shake this off real quick...

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

tsaro wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:06 am
That's fucking awesome. Best thing I've heard in a while.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

quest
will fuck for food

Post by quest »

Yeah that is so true. My issue lately is how much real culture has caved in over the past two decades, which IMO was a direct result of the fear campaigns of the 2000s (propaganda engines reached all new levels and the mainstream seemed to just eat it all up and regurgitate, preparing for what was to come..). 2010s saw the rise of exploitative big tech thanks to a breed of capitalism so "late" it's managed to push the mainstream back into various pairs of warring tribal monocultures. We gave up all the good forums like this one where people *actually talk to each other* and instead put on this little game where we dress ourselves up and strut around the digital town square saying acceptably milquetoast catchphrases that curry favour with the rest of our respective social bandwagons.

And to top it all off we have had a pandemic for nearly two years that is now cementing anti-cultural norms, where people are saying in their minds "oh, it's not so bad to live in a world with no music or arts scene so long as I'm healthy", if only in their subconscious minds.

So yeah, this is the mid 80s all over again, except now it's way worse. If we want the culture we enjoyed all those decades ago we're gonna have to fight hard for it as soon as the pandemic ends, and teach the younger generation to fight the good fight as well, and stop being such pushovers staring at their phones like zombies.

Tbh I deeply value the rave scene of the late 90s for literally curing some traumas I suffered as a kid, which would have otherwise led me deeper along the path of listening to grunge and alt rock and having a shitty attitude in general. I don't know what I wouldn't have become if I didn't have a totally unexpected community of chill people throwing/attending underground events to fall into.

loug
Pig

Post by loug »

Psychedelics are tasty stuff :twisted: But if you are in a mess things can get more emotional and unbalanced under their influence. Like it has been mentioned, meditation can help a lot, it can help as long as you do the proper work to assimilate what it can give you, so that you can tear down the conceptual mire that life drags you and me and everybody else into. When the mind is clear it is easy to see that all the worries are nothing but energy turned into noise in your head, and as it once took the shape of harsh noise that's making you feel like shit it also can take the shape of something else, if you make it happen. Sick societies are growing, and like you guys mention we need to fight for the goof stuff, cos even though these places we live in have the semblance of being functional they are in fact drowning in twisted energies, colliding vibrations and frequencies, sick perspectives that not only clash with rationality but also between themselves fueled by egos dancing to the mad tunes of the evil trio of stress, productivity and commerce, and it's getting worse at an exponential rate.

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

I was with a shrink and was explaining to him how things kept getting fucked up at different stages of my life, following the same patterns where ultimately I end up in a bad state of mind/wanted to escape/run from the situation.

He asked me to take some time to think about what was common to all these situations and come back in a week.

I came back with a list of things, people and their egos, lack of support financially and emotionally, blah, blah, blah.

"No" he said, "YOU are the only thing common to all those scenarios. Keep that in mind when you leave here." 😄

Of course I left and thought "What a prick, and he wants me to pay him for this?!" 😄

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

subvers^v wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:23 am
"No" he said, "YOU are the only thing common to all those scenarios. Keep that in mind when you leave here." 😄
😄
Jesus, whilst that is true, from a therapeutic perspective it's not particularly helpful.

You might need to try a different therapist.

I really want to try to find a Jungian therapist, but it`s not so easy.
I want to go digging down in the mud and blood.
New Shit

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

It was early days and he wanted to make the point that it was how I dealt with situations that needed focus, not the situation itself.

He was actually alright as a person but a bit vague as a professional. It didn't go much further before we seemed to be going round in circles, from what I can remember ..

mervv
Jan : )

Post by mervv »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:16 am
I could really do with getting out into the country and getting sideways with mushrooms, both physical and mental space expansion. Give the brain a good scrub and rinse.

The accelerated madness going in the world right now seems to have put this universal pressure on general emotions. I see people losing their temper a lot more just out and about. It's weird. And being in a capital city cranks up the tension a bit more.

I really haven't had a chance to depressurise properly since the pandemic kicked off. I need to get the fuck out of London for a bit.
Anyone else live in a big city? It's definitely been a high pressure environment in london.
I also live in a huge city (Shanghai). Although the pandemic has played out differently here than on the other side of the world, it's still exhausting with constantly changing regulations and restrictions. Not to mention, due to entry restrictions, I haven't been able to leave the country for travel or visiting family/friends for nearly 2 years now (feels like more).

I like Shanghai a lot, but I'm definitely craving an opportunity to change my environment and mental frame, even if only temporarily.

Going out into the woods and eating a load of shrooms sounds fantastic. Drugs are very heavily punished here (and generally difficult to get, low-quality, and expensive), so I'm fine to wait to get off my gourd until I'm on the other side of the planet again, but I sure do feel like I could do with a little voluntary re-programming.

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

People losing their shit is because most lack frame of reference to deal with what is happening and mass confusion has been building up for ages.
When frames are missing some things literally become unperceptible, like the evil abreast on the planet right now. I suppose i always misunderstood Lost to the Void's handle as not being anything literal or any allegiance, but the opposite feels true to me now. This describes major parts of history but in particular the last 1.5 ish years; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09maaUaRT4M

We are now in a very much forced transition towards a global society domineered by technocrats and their dreams for the future. How evil that might turn out to be exactly is a non-discussion since an existential fork in the road for the whole human race is being heavily steered and manipulated. Alison McDowell explain how the 'new' economy is focused almost entirely on monitoring, personal credits, and trading in 'people's value' by various metrics. Its in the papers of hundreds of (western) companies trying to manage the 'new industrial revolution' as laid out by the by now infamous Klaus Schwab.

There are literal libraries of consideration to these concepts, which i cannot properly refer to in a forum post but the fundamental question is simple. Do you think humans should try to course-correct nature and dominate/ control the physical world, or should we explore other options?
One of these other options would be turning away from the materialist reductionist- religion with empty promises we have sailed along with for decades (centuries) now, but i digress. And now we are all in 'bad spirits'. Check out the hundreds of other expressions to that tune.

Void, until you explain to me the rationality of the usual Cooties treatment, which is literally schizophrenic thus far, do not formulate the audacity to lecture me on anything spiritual, philosophical or even experiential. Because you know what, nihilistic buddhism or whatever you would like to call your specific flavor is always spoken by the ones that have a little longer to watch the world burn.

And people that actually love this world and its beings never wish for that to happen.

There is no running away from this, the world is turning its darker shade again and we need to act/ create/ speak out.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Twilitez wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 am

Void, until you explain to me the rationality of the usual Cooties treatment, which is literally schizophrenic thus far, do not formulate the audacity to lecture me on anything spiritual, philosophical or even experiential. Because you know what, nihilistic buddhism or whatever you would like to call your specific flavor is always spoken by the ones that have a little longer to watch the world burn.

And people that actually love this world and its beings never wish for that to happen.

There is no running away from this, the world is turning its darker shade again and we need to act/ create/ speak out.

Wut? Are we having a conversation I was not aware of?
Where did that shit come from?

Cooties treatment wut?
New Shit

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:57 pm
tsaro wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:06 am

That's fucking awesome. Best thing I've heard in a while.
I dot not like it onr bit at the same time;) Getting a bit better though, small steps...

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:58 am
We just need a sunrise, a soundsystem, some beautiful music and a big hug mate.

Indeed

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

I was told by a close friend once who went through a lot & had a bt of a breakdown/ depression.. that his Doc told him first time they met, that it only happens to smart people. If he had of been stupid, they wouldn't be talking about it.

It's impossible to completely get away from one's thoughts. We all have them & they're necessary to make the body work.. but its the sheer amount of thoughts & contrasting opinions that clogs progress.

Reading the first few posts here. Intelligent guy. Great analysis. I'd say if you could imagine what an ideal 'life' might look like, then you could also come up with a plan how to achieve it. Only the focused move forward to the next stage. Its as close or as far away as we decide to make it ourselves.

Theres a lot of satisfaction whenever something is achieved. Start small. Name what needs to happen. The first thing achieved will end up being both the start and the direction to proceed.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

quest wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:32 pm

Tbh I deeply value the rave scene of the late 90s for literally curing some traumas I suffered as a kid, which would have otherwise led me deeper along the path of listening to grunge and alt rock and having a shitty attitude in general. I don't know what I wouldn't have become if I didn't have a totally unexpected community of chill people throwing/attending underground events to fall into.
Theres a lot of truth here for sure. I've often thought about a lot of the attitudes of those 90s guitar bands & how impressionable teens were to the vibe they gave off. Obviously not everyone got brainwashed, but it was more negative than positive IMO. Any sappy or self loathing lyrics combined with funkless music is dangerous for ze mood no matter how great you think you are.

No research done on my part.. but 'Chilli' fans generally were less troubled spirits.

Dance music had its dark patches too.. of course. But generally a more open and social movement that didn't include the local idiots from home. Less focused on alcohol and inclusive.

Can you incorporate that 100% into a functioning daily life? Elements of it.. yes. A 100% perfect replication of most things is unachievable & unreasonable to believe possible. When the sufficiently best outcome is actually the best one that can be attained.. that's OK.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Críoch wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 pm
No research done on my part.. but 'Chilli' fans generally were less troubled spirits.
I concur, Chilli fans are dumb! Sure you'd have to be! :lol:

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

'Negative' music can be healing too though, just don't wallow in it! Same as "angry" music can be calming, for me anyway...