My health is such a mess

General Chat // Music Discussion
Barfunkel
Smalahove
My health is such a mess

Post by Barfunkel »

Had an embolism a few years ago, for some reason my blood circulation never got normal after that.

My muscles on my back are so stuck they're pressing some nerves, causing all kinda weird stuff for my body. I have to exercise a lot to keep this in control, but it's not always easy.

The bicep of my right arm is kinda weird. It's hurting quite often, making many forms of exercise difficult. It's been like that for decades.

On top of that I got a myriad of mental health problems. Too many to list.

So I'm not always in a forum mood, or in a music making mood. I take breaks from both. Sorry for that.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

Amøbe
Moderate
Re: My health is such a mess

Post by Amøbe »

You should absolutely never be sorry for listening to your own body and mind! Take care of yourself <3

2latuile
hmmmmmm...

Post by 2latuile »

Amøbe wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:16 pm
You should absolutely never be sorry for listening to your own body and mind! Take care of yourself <3
+1
Lost to the Void wrote: I am unlikely to teach small children how to break someone violently (...). So I think it will be fine.
[wesellboxes] wrote: Anyone that believes in conspiracy theories has never worked in project management.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Amøbe wrote:
+2.

Sorry to hear you're having these problems.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

timc3
Back Bling

Post by timc3 »

Amøbe wrote:
Totally agree.

Val Endrada
Jan : )

Post by Val Endrada »

Barfunkel wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:10 am
I'm not always in a forum mood, or in a music making mood. I take breaks from both.
This is just normal, isn't it?

If someone claims to be creative 100% of the time, I assume they're lying through their teeth.

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

Are you already doing some exercises? If not, and if you're not looking for some commitment on that front(like therapy), or just want an exercise to take some tension off you could try the cat technique.

Not sure how to find exact instructions (apparently there are a few 'versions' of this) but what you do is just get on your hands and knees, lean back and stretch forward as if you were one (a cat), and then while you're stretching out you move one of your shoulders forward and kick back the opposing leg (slowly, do the whole thing for both sides).

As for your mental health, it's very rare to meet people who don't have their issues, though most of the time people have organised their lives in such a way that it doesn't really affect (at least) themselves, or also a common one, life moves too fast for them to get more than a glimpse of their insanity. Just two random examples, only they're also variations on the main theme, denial. If you have issues it usually means you're not that good at the superficial lifestyle imposed on us in this world in one way or another, human evolution moves way too slow to catch up to a world that's changing so quickly.

Brain chemistry can be a bitch, but it's all in there. Meaning also a solution of some kind at least.
Hang in there man, try to find a balance you can live with.
how far do you want to go

tsaro
Lifer

Post by tsaro »

And to add to this, I know how it feels to have a bit of a fight with your own body.

Fell down the stairs of my then new place some 12 years (14? no real idea because a lot is still fuzzy from around that period), there was no rail or banister so I slipped on some foil (covered in paint) at the top, fell and crashed into the bend while trying to grip the missing rail and fell straight with my head into the stair post below.

It was pretty fucked up as I also mauled my arm trying to grab a non-existent rail as there was just nothing, and with that movement and the shifting of my balance I gained weird momentum /angle when tumbling down. The whole sequence is still burned into my mind quite vividly, though after that my brain was apparently so scrambled I got a seizure for a few minutes, I was told I had a full on grand-mal attack with spasms (don't remember that part at all, but the people present immediately called for an ambulance, and when I woke up in a pool of my own vomit they were already at the door). then got hooked for a bit on the morphine I was prescribed for the pain, few seizures later, my nervous system was completely shot and I could barely do anything without feeling drained instantly.

Revalidation didn't really take so I had to sit it out, over the course of 3-4 years this whole ordeal took I only kept improving marginally so I just about gave up, upping my substance (ab)use at the same tempo(makes it pretty cheap to have any type of habit though it might be less addictive when you're not really able to enjoy it). At first even a drop of alcohol would send me spinning (in a bad way) walking more than 100 meters would leave me incapable of getting back to where I came from for an hour or so. I got out of it, slowly but surely, and now all that shit is barely even noticeable anymore. Didn't have a seizure in more than 8 years now, and I can do mostly everything again.

Doesn't matter how or why, if you have to fight your own being to get anywhere (basically when it turns out there's nothing you can do to help the process along) you got to manage yourself to keep stress as low as possible, if you have options in that direction. Coming to terms with your condition might be the trickiest part, though you need to do it, because otherwise you've really got nothing. There won't be a magic fix though I always enjoyed doing the cat, it was how I could at least measure some kind of progress, and you use lots of muscles in one go. And you can even do it on days you can't get out of bed.
how far do you want to go

Twilitez
You only live once

Post by Twilitez »

Fasting is good (do take vitamins and salt though if there might be underlying issues). Autophagy (self cleaning of dead cells/ enzymatic-protein related rubble and so much more) can basically never get started if you eat 3 times a day, the body just literally never engages in that mode of operation.

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

I would recommend to look for numijo shilajit, it has really good benefits and it’s natural, it helped me a lot. Just give an a go, currebtly i biugjt rife frequency generator and it feels better, it reeds the symptoms of your body and automatically offers specific programs for the issues you have, my ex- got tested and she been shocked that everything she felt was correct, generator showed 99% of her issues. Check webwellness just in case you interested in it, there’s no problem looking dor alternatives it really helps trust me 🥰

Barfunkel
Smalahove

Post by Barfunkel »

Thanks for the tips folks!

There's nothing life threatening going on, I just feel horrible most of the time. No strength, coordination is a bit off, all kinda aches. I'm _kinda_ fine, just don't feel like it. At all.
"I don't shower every day, but when I do, I do it after listening to some Barfunkel" - Anonymous

http://soundcloud.com/user4904810
http://www.mixcloud.com/Barfunkel/

juodas
Indirection

Post by juodas »

Same here, I can’t enjoy things like other people do, i can’t even eat food most of the time, cause i will lose energy and feel like trash, can’t even enjoy a pint of beer anymore, what’s is left is water and veggies(even thoose are fucked up for me) and i’m only 25 🥶

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

It seems strange to me that in ten replies, no one has suggested that you go to a doctor. Or get a second opinion if you've been given inadequate advice on the first visit.

Too obvious?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

How why did this all start?
It does seem like professional medical advice and treatment is probably needed.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

terryfalafel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:22 pm
It seems strange to me that in ten replies, no one has suggested that you go to a doctor. Or get a second opinion if you've been given inadequate advice on the first visit.

Too obvious?
I think the assumption is that he has been through normal medical channels, but is talking about the stuff that they haven't been able to alleviate.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

nomadjames
mummy!!

Post by nomadjames »

You know what helps me with my body and my mind is swimming laps. if you can, give that a shot.
www.soundcloud.com/nomadjames

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over." - Hunter S. Thompson

www.nomadjames.com

Pittsburgh Ableton
www.facebook.com/groups/558333351022659

FvH
crud

Post by FvH »

Have you tried to go swimming few times a week? It could help you a lot.

jordanneke
subsekt
subsekt

Post by jordanneke »

Barfunkel - The master of house n garage.

Hope you are doing better man.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

I am in quite bad a health shape.

Music is one of the very very few things giving me some form of outlet and happyness in my otherwise quite dull life. I don't want to moan.

This is not my moaning place. Just give my cents to the thread.

I'm happy you OP, have found music as a way to enrich your life.
I try to be thankful these days. Sounds quite posh and cliched. But it helps. I am not living in poverty. Reason enough to keep my chin up reasonably and try to not endlessly despair.

But there are many days, where dark thoughts come over me, they try to attack me, try to tell me I should drown myself in substance. But I am not giving in too much. Try to listen to tracks I made of which I am proud, no matter they got released or not. And if it's just a kickloop I like. Makes me happier again.

I think for many of us music is quite central in life and therefore a way of encountering negative aspects in life. Sorry if that sounds quite eso and general hahahaha :roll: :lol:

Just take as much time as it needs. Especially in the area of creativity. I think it's the last spot where you want to put too much pressure on yourself. For me music is a holy area of my life. It is sacred for me and nothing and nobody is allowed to touch it.

Not in a negative way, but I protect my music-love as it protects me. :=)

Happy day to all of you. Thx for reading.
Less is not always more.

Bradley1602
Alf Garnett

Post by Bradley1602 »

FvH wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:46 am
Have you tried to go swimming few times a week? It could help you a lot.
Swimming is underrated a f
Less is not always more.