My health is such a mess

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: My health is such a mess

Post by Lost to the Void »

I think they should bring back the death penalty just for this one situation.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Val Endrada wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:02 pm

How do you feel about angry vigilantes beating up random Finnish people?
Has anyone been beaten up? Is anyone here looking up the guy's details online and booking a flight to Helsinki to get revenge?

That's not actually what has happened is it. As a question, it's moot. Cos no one here is going to beat up anyone on barfunkel's behalf.

What's happened Is that blokes on an internet forum have made off the cuff threats of violence which in any sensible discussion would not be perceived as an actual threat. It's just hot air. Childish and unwarranted? Yep, probably. But an actual threat? Nope.

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Link for hitperson kickstarter?
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum
>> Click here for NEW POSTS on subsekt <<

Dialog I The Hole I subsekt Blog I The Bench I IG I SC I Mixes I FB

Val Endrada
Jan : )

Post by Val Endrada »

terryfalafel wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:14 am

What's happened Is that blokes on an internet forum have made off the cuff threats of violence which in any sensible discussion would not be perceived as an actual threat. It's just hot air. Childish and unwarranted? Yep, probably. But an actual threat? Nope.
"hot air"?

That's a convenient argument.

Boys will be boys, it's just fun an games and all that.

I honestly don't buy it.

The fact that the moderators are actively taking part in it is frankly revolting to me, acting like it's cool to be cunts and we're all roleplaying some kind of demented hazing ritual.

Steve has defended violence on here before: "A beating can actually be good for you" - or words to effect.

I never forgot that.

People who saw it will know what I'm talking about.

There's good practical sense in not letting users delete their own profiles at a whim, but if one of you should decide to delete my account after reading this comment, you have my approval. I slept on it last night, before making a final decision. It was actually just more plain to me this morning. I'll delete the soundcloud account associated my account as well, - scramble my passwords etc.

My life sucks right now, but accepting violence and hate into it is not what I want. When the revolution comes, I won't be resorting to violence. Perhaps you shouldn't want to either?

I'm sorry it's come to this, but I'm out.

Peace and good health to you all.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

terryfalafel wrote:
Val Endrada wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:02 pm

How do you feel about angry vigilantes beating up random Finnish people?
Has anyone been beaten up? Is anyone here looking up the guy's details online and booking a flight to Helsinki to get revenge?

That's not actually what has happened is it. As a question, it's moot. Cos no one here is going to beat up anyone on barfunkel's behalf.

Speak for yourself mate, I`m on my way to Finland right now, I welded some knife blades to my steel toe bovver boots and I`m gonna go on a cunt punt-arama-thon of Finnish journalists until I get the right one. I aim to be doing a messy and bloody can-can by the end of the weekend.
New Shit

terryfalafel
Component

Post by terryfalafel »

Val Endrada wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 pm
terryfalafel wrote:

"hot air"?

I honestly don't buy it.

The fact that the moderators are actively taking part in it is frankly revolting to me, acting like it's cool to be cunts and we're all roleplaying some kind of demented hazing ritual.

Steve has defended violence on here before: "A beating can actually be good for you" - or words to effect.

I never forgot that.

There's good practical sense in not letting users delete their own profiles at a whim, but if one of you should decide to delete my account after reading this comment, you have my approval. I slept on it last night, before making a final decision. It was actually just more plain to me this morning. I'll delete the soundcloud account associated my account as well, - scramble my passwords etc.

My life sucks right now, but accepting violence and hate into it is not what I want. When the revolution comes, I won't be resorting to violence. Perhaps you shouldn't want to either?

The forum will be all the emptier without your misrepresentations and lazy rhetoric. Bon voyage!

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Val Endrada wrote:
terryfalafel wrote:

"hot air"?

I honestly don't buy it.

I never forgot that.

That`s a bit of a stretch to say I condone violence
I`m against violence in all but the absolute last resort.

However, taking a kicking can be good for you, in that it can teach you what you are capable of taking, your limitations, and it can reduce your fear of confrontation. As someone who has taken a literal (unprovoked kicking from football hooligans) kicking, as in beaten to the ground and kicked to shit by a gang of men, after recovering from the physical shit, I examined what I had learned. I believe everything can teach you something. And I learned to fear less, which stopped me from being intimidated in situations, and I knew what my body could take, and how to survive a kicking.
I don`t recommend everyone go out and take a serious kicking to get a learning experience. It`s fucking horrible, I pissed blood, and you could incur life changing or life ending injury. But if you survive it, it will teach you a lot about yourself, stuff that normal life won`t.

In the same way that pursuing a fighting discipline will also teach you a lot about yourself (in a safe and controlled environment).
I`m actually a pacifist, believe or not. When I was a bouncer I became in demand for venues because I was good at cleaning places up (because when you spend a lot of time around drug culture, you know all the tricks), and I was good at diffusing situations without violence.
I always considered the greatest win was getting someone to walk themselves out and thank you for it.
I had a difficult time as my Boss would always use me to clean up venues with new contracts. Usually places that were considered problematic. And by the time I made them safe, he would then change the team to standard bods and I would move on to the next problem job. I never got to be safe and comfortable as I was always trying to establish my..... authority?..control? of a venue, it was a fucking nightmare.
In a job where violence was sometimes necessary, and always around me, I walked away from my time on the doors with zero injuries or scars, no police record, never arrested or even pulled up. You don`t get to say that if you are a violent cunt.

That is not to say I have not been violent. I have, I would say 90% of the time it was justified and an appropriate response to the situation. Usually it was stopping violence/bullying. Especially in the illegal raves there was a problem with muggers taking advantage of fucked up ravers. Sometimes there were mugging gangs, sometimes crack dealers tried to set up shop. Occasionally that required violence to solve, there was no other solution.
There were times I personally went too far, they are specific events where people close to me were hurt or under threat, I remember them clearly, and I regret them to this day, and I in no way celebrate what I did. In fact those events made it very clear to me what I was capable of, and eventually led to me getting out of the security/bouncing game, and in fact those specific situations dogged me until I had counselling. Looking back on it, it was an absolutely absurd job for me to do, (I was having this conversation with my mum and missus at christmas about this, neither of whom really knew the ins and outs of what my experiences were, as I shielded them, well my missus in particular, from the dangers of my job, to spare them the worry), and very much against my character, a blip in my history that was essentially born out of desperation and coincidence. Desperation in that I needed income, coincidence in that I found out it was something I was good at.

But every day I put on my suit to go work a door, I hated it, I didn`t want to go, and mostly all I thought about was getting through the night and getting back home to my missus safely, watching the clock, and even then, when the working day was over, it wasn`t over until you got home. Even though I absolutely know what I am capable of, and am, when compared to your average joe, very capable in a dangerous violent situation, I lived that part of my life with fear constantly on my shoulder, whispering in my ear.
So no, having seen a lot of violence, and having participated in violence, I can absolutely say I do not condone it. I can defend it, as a necessary evil in a last resort situation, but I can't condone it, nor do I wish it on anyone in any serious way.

So you are reading waaaaaaay to much into that, and in fact this thread. It`s just hyperbole. Slapstick with words. No one here, as far as I know, is violent or condoning of actual violence.
And besides, taking a running cunt punt at someone and knocking their balls into the roof of their mouths is not violence. It`s a service to all that is good and decent in humanity.

This isn`t facebook. We all know each other here, and there is an unwritten rule of sillyness and hyperbole that pervades the place. If you can`t take that, then please feel free to leave, but I think you are massively overreacting.
New Shit

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Val Endrada wrote:
When the revolution comes, I won't be resorting to violence.
Then it's not a revolution.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Ben Kohonays wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:05 pm
Val Endrada wrote:
I think there is a deeply sad truth to that.
As much as I would love... love to win the battle for humanity.
And I hope that nonviolent revolution will lead us into a peaceful and prosperous future.
I don't see it as realistic. Even without physical violence any revolution will be violent in the abstract, as fundamental and sudden change is a violent act.

revolution.jpg
revolution.jpg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 45066 times
New Shit

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

classical subsekt derail

maybe the best ever

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

What's a derail?

I'm just glad that Marks & Spencer rebranded Midget Gem sweets cos the name is offensive to people with dwarfism...

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

Need to attend a fancy dress party as George Michael, but don't have time to grow designer stubble?

Smearing treacle on your face before applying a generous handful of muesli around your shaving lines is a good substitute when combined with a pair of shades, stonewashed jeans, white t-shirt and black leather jacket.
KennethExack wrote:My kids and I are completely shocked by the specialized secrets that everyone has on this forum

Críoch
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Críoch »

subvers^v wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:06 pm
What's a derail?

I'm just glad that Marks & Spencer rebranded Midget Gem sweets cos the name is offensive to people with dwarfism...
I see the point.. buy its a shame that 2 meanings can't co-exist. I get it though. Language evolves when it's alive. It's to be expected. Midget is a common enough confectionery term for 'mini'. What's next though?

Always thought Black Jack sweets were potentially a bit controversial.

Aren't there some trees & hamsters called 'dwarf'.. wonder how that will go?

Ben Kohonays
Quaint

Post by Ben Kohonays »

Lost to the Void wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:29 pm
Ben Kohonays wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:05 pm
Val Endrada wrote:
I think there is a deeply sad truth to that.
As much as I would love... love to win the battle for humanity.
And I hope that nonviolent revolution will lead us into a peaceful and prosperous future.
I don't see it as realistic. Even without physical violence any revolution will be violent in the abstract, as fundamental and sudden change is a violent act.

revolution.jpg
Yeah it's a 'line in the sand' topic for a lot of people. Many won't go that final step. Unfortunately I think that holds back the possibilities of change.
0dd wrote: Gotta love the subsekt derail ethic.

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

i think what really hinders people to get appropriate solutions for complicated problems are ideologies.

In general i would say iam against violence, but there are situations where its appropriate in a sense, because eg people that hold power in a not rightous (is that a term?) way, will not give it away for free.

thats why i think its not helpfull to be a pacifist or a violence promoter or have any absolute world views in general, because this kind of ideologic thinking will bring unsolvable logic paradoxes, when you are confronted with a situation that clashes with your ideology.

I dont mean that one should have no principles, i would say iam a humanist, but theres times/situations where you have to think/act in a context of that particular situation

Eat the rich ;)

over9000
Nor Crystal Tears

Post by over9000 »

and Val i enjoyed your presence here, and it would be sad if you were not around anymore imo

so dont take the ranting/bullshit talking too serious, its a part of what this place is about imo

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Críoch wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:21 pm
subvers^v wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:06 pm
What's a derail?

I see the point.. buy its a shame that 2 meanings can't co-exist. I get it though. Language evolves when it's alive. It's to be expected. Midget is a common enough confectionery term for 'mini'. What's next though?

Always thought Black Jack sweets were potentially a bit controversial.

Aren't there some trees & hamsters called 'dwarf'.. wonder how that will go?
Jesus yeah, black jacks. They even had a picture of a minstrel on the wrapper. I wonder where they fall on the OSPIN list (Official Scale of Politically Incorrect Names)? Well above (or maybe below..) Midget Gems I'm sure. Can anythng fall below a midget gem? Would it make it "underground" like a Dubai Techno Dj?

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

over9000 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am
i think what really hinders people to get appropriate solutions for complicated problems are ideologies.

In general i would say iam against violence, but there are situations where its appropriate in a sense, because eg people that hold power in a not rightous (is that a term?) way, will not give it away for free.

thats why i think its not helpfull to be a pacifist or a violence promoter or have any absolute world views in general, because this kind of ideologic thinking will bring unsolvable logic paradoxes, when you are confronted with a situation that clashes with your ideology.

I dont mean that one should have no principles, i would say iam a humanist, but theres times/situations where you have to think/act in a context of that particular situation

Eat the rich ;)
The odd thing about ideologies is that they are sort of against our base nature.
Humans are incredibly adaptive creatures.
We are the only animal that lives in all locals and climates barring the sea, and we kinda do that too.
Being hard pinned to an ideology causes us to go through all kinds of mental distress to maintain adherence to it.
Of course ethics and principles are important, key foundations for a functioning community, tribe, society.
Sometimes situations happen where sticking rigidly to your/a ideology are in total opposition to logic and reason for dealing with that situation.
If you are backed into a corner and a man is looking to put an end to you, then you have entered into pure Darwinian survival, you or him. Ideology has left the room, it's just two animals surviving. Extreme example obviously.
New Shit

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

images (4).jpeg
images (4).jpeg (15.73 KiB) Viewed 44966 times
Look at that shit.
It's crazy that I could buy these sweets when I was a kid.
And the gollywogs on Robinsons Jam and marmalade....
And still some cockwombles like to say there is no such thing as systematic racism.
New Shit

subvers^v
hunger marcher

Post by subvers^v »

Somebody at some point thought this was all good marketing. I wonder will we look back on midget gems in the same way in a few decades?
Hindsight and all that...