Derrick May be fucked.

General Chat // Music Discussion
Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt
Re: Derrick May be fucked.

Post by Lost to the Void »

Homo Domesticus... No. Going to look for it now.

Also bringing things back to a more music related theme.

I think creating is very important. For a number of reasons.
When you create, if you are really connected to the muse at that point, or in a flow state, as some asshats like to say, then you are in that same state of presence you can achieve with meditation.
Where the ideas just flow directly through you and out into your creations. Wether it be music, or painting or writing, building, crafting, whatever.
The process of creation takes you to that place.
And time passes differently.
Hours can pass while you are in that place.

In the process of creation we become small gods.
As Crowley said, to be misinterpreted afterwards.

I think for those who don't engage in meditation or entheogens it is probably the more accessible path to connect to "the divine".

I always find the least satisfying part of any art I partake in to be finishing it.
The sense of achievement is a brief endorphin hit compared to the world of your creation you enter during the process.
Creating is good for the soul.
I think in a way it is partly because you are mirroring the state of the universe. Matter orders itself in ever more complex ways. All that has emerged from 0 has been ever more complex. It started with 1-1=0 and reality has gone into ever more complex operations ever since.
And we are a part of that.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Amøbe
Moderate

Post by Amøbe »

I can second what Steve says. There is a moment, when creating anything, where a path unveils itself. This is where things get exciting and you should keep digging even if it's just to figure out what's around the next corner

Lost to the Void
subsekt
subsekt

Post by Lost to the Void »

Amøbe wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:30 am
I can second what Steve says. There is a moment, when creating anything, where a path unveils itself. This is where things get exciting and you should keep digging even if it's just to figure out what's around the next corner
It`s probably the simplest way to transcend ego and become present.
Much more fun than mindfulness.
Mastering Engineer @ Black Monolith Studio
New Shit
Techno is dead. Long live Techno.

Revaron
reverse genius

Post by Revaron »

Evert wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:23 pm
Only at Subsekt does a thread about Derrick May accusations turn into a discussion about the concept of free will.
Great stuff!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've not dropped in much at all over the whole of this year, but this is a timely reminder to stop in more often... :D

I have nothing to say on the subject of free will.

On the subject of Derrick May - I was told awhile back, by someone who would know, to never, ever, let him anywhere near any women I know. So this all sounds depressingly probable to me. He hasn't meant much to me as an artist/DJ for a good long while now anyway so it's pretty easy to say FUCK HIM about someone who was once a hero. But it looks like many many many people are either fine with all of this, or choose not to believe it. I doubt there will ever be any definitive resolution to any of it either, so I guess his career may well go on. Won't be funded by me though, fuck Derrick May.